Reviews for Clarity
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
Wow, just finished watching this ep (yep, we're behind in Australia) and GAH how could that happen to poor Syd? I mean, Vaughn's just too nice for his own good sometimes. Anyway, this fic was really great, and for introspective pieces, that's often hard. I think you got Syd's characterization down really well, and her feeling were described wonderfully. I liked the ending a lot, cos yep, I'm hoping that there's hope for them. Great fic!
jcal4evr chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
1) Great little ficlet.
2) John Mayer is awesome, and I let out a girly scream at Clarity on Alias, too. Let us never speak of it again. ;)
*Stephanie*
banana chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
Nice little ficlet. Very well written and I think you did a great job with Syd's POV.
valley-girl2 chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
oh, how happy am I that you wrote this story! WOW. yeah, I'm in denial that the last five minutes or so of the last episode existed. ("what last five minutes?") lol. anyway, reading this story not only lets me acknowledge that they happened, but I wind up smiling after it. :-D that takes talent. phenomenal job with this!
I just wanna quote the whole first part of the chapter. lol. let me partially refrain from that.
"It should have been enough. That she was in love with - and loved by - a man who put his own wants behind the needs of those he cared about. That in this world of evil and alliances that vanish like quicksand that he was steady in who he was and his loyalties. Except it wasn't. And that scared her. Knowing he wanted to be with her now made it worse." - that was the perfect beginning to this chapter, I'm not even kidding.
"Coffee was far from a promise of forever, but it was a long wished for step in the right direction." - ! :-D I'm more than thrilled with any mention of my very favorite beverage, but in itself, this line was SO GOOD. I can't even tell you. wow.
"Still, a lifetime ago it had killed her when he'd gone back to Alice after her father's death." - no kidding... a lifetime indeed... and btw, I'm very upset with Sark right now... lol.
"most recently by suggesting they destroy the disks because they could cause her harm." - yeah, that was one of the best things about that episode... I was one big pile of 'aw...'
"Sydney wondered if this was the type of agony that came with having your soul walk around outside of your body." - OH. MY. FREAKING. GOODNESS. I believe that is simply the other greatest stand-alone line of the chapter. ah, that just makes me want to cry!
"She wanted to like Lauren, but if she intended on keeping Vaughn from having something he so desperately wanted, postponed having the family she knew he'd always longed for, Sydney couldn't help but hate her. At least a little." - yeah, feel the hate, feel the hate.
"The carefully compiled hope that she'd felt in recent days was smashed in a way her life hadn't felt since she'd woken up nearly six months before." - aw... :-( yeah... that was a rough time... both of them...
"In recent days his expression had been more unreadable than usual. Since her return they'd grown closer and finding that she could not read his expression, Sydney couldn't help but be concerned at whatever was brewing behind the scenes." - oh come on! tell her! tell her!
"Underneath the Starbuck's cup was a pink post it written by a familiar hand. Cautiously Sydney took a sip of the warm liquid and peeled the note off of her desk. Her eyes worked over the handful of words twice before she fully processed what they said. 'I'm still sure. Never lose hope.'" *grins wildly* YAY! that was so great! what a wonderful end to the chapter! (also there's coffee there again. hahaha. jk. I'm really not such a dork. REALLY.) and I say "chapter" rather than "story," because I REALLY would love it if you continue this! please? pretty please? I will be hoping, eagerly, that you do. but if not... fantastic job!
Terin chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
that was really cute! i liked it a lot, especially the starbucks cup at the end.
Cheers,
Terin:)
Fair Cate chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Nice reflective piece - I really enjoyed it.
Cate
Maddy chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
that was beautiful...thanks so much for writing it. it made me feel a little better after last night. that was so rediculously sad. vaughn's just too damn honorable! lol. great story though
Maddy
oOspuffy4everOo chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
aww that was cute!
mandie chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
i liked that alot!
lol i screamed too when i heard clarity playing, i luv john mayer! :)
TheUptownGirl chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
aw!
I loved that John Mayer's song too! I started freaking out when I heard it! I just saw him in concert and omg, it just made the whole episode that much better! THat was soo awesome!
Mikaela Rose Malfoy chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
aw that was so sad but so sweet my heart goes out to her fully. I mean I understand why he stayed with Lauren but it well I liked the end "I'm still sure never lose hope" yup very true.
freelancer starbuck chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
AHH! I love it! The ep was awesome despite the popcorn that was thrown at the end... you really did it justice! I love your writing and this is just another example of you just making a terrible thing into sheer beauty! AWESOME! Are you gonna leave it as a one parter or continue? Either way I'll still love you!

-FS
KMB chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Thank you for writing this! I was so bummed for Syd last night... I needed this! Keep the story going! :)