Reviews for The Suffering Frame
Tarien Lakilea Tel'anor chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
I see you've stretched yourself a bit here. This is much longer than your usual short stories. With this piece you proved that you could do longer pieces with as much detail and thought as the short pieces. It was very good. I loved your figurative language and your characterization. I've read a Batman novel that tried to do what you did with the relationships but they did it wrong. They "told instead of showed." Their story just left a hollow feeling. You did the "show not tell" way of bringing character insight about. Your writing style was much more subtle than theirs even though they were published. The story was great! Thanks!
Super Lizard chapter 4 . 12/14/2004
Well done.
Ashley chapter 4 . 6/13/2004
OMG. That was such a powerful story. Very emotional. Great work!
Princess P chapter 4 . 5/22/2004
What a fantastic story. The physocology of it is brilliant and effective. It really makes sense that Batman would have this type of afflication given the nature of his childhood trauma and life's nightmares. I really liked how you incorporated J'onn into this.
Great job.
LadyJanelly chapter 2 . 4/13/2004
Wow. I thought this was a very powerful piece. I like how you captured the personalities of the characters and their interactions. "No superman looking ernest and concerned".
Looking forward to reading more.
-J.
peeps42 chapter 4 . 4/10/2004
wow.
Neptune chapter 4 . 3/30/2004
Oh. My. God.
I absofuckinglutely loved it! You are so talented, and your writing is so powerful. There's so much I loved about this piece, that I'd probably end up copying and pasting the text if I tried to name all of it.
So let me just say that I loved this inspection of Batman's self-destruction/redemption-of-sorts.
And as a rabid Wingster, I loved the parts with Dick (especially the last two lines!). You touched upon their relationship subtly, but it was right on. Great work!