Reviews for Sand and Light
Larie-chan chapter 25 . 4/17/2011
Very rarely do I find fanfictions that make me want to continuously them; I stayed up to 4am reading this before forcing myself to go to bed.

This is really well done and you should feel proud.

What first drew me in was honestly how you explained Wolfwood's "death"; what started out as a simple yet elegant idea grew into an important plot point. And I loved it! And Sand was a welcomed surprise. I was at first worried that she was a self-insertion OC, but you developed her nicely, did not over- or under-emphasize her, and tied her into the plot neatly. I can honestly say that I was disappointed that she didn't live; something in the idea of three plants (and when you think about it three "guns" [a "tri"gun ahurrhurr]) coming together as a family was intriguing to me. But I loved the ending very much.

I felt that you got the characterizations and the overall feel of Trigun down pat. There was grit, there was humor, there was sadness, there was suspense (oh God the suspense, everyone missing each other by just a hair!), and there was sweetness. It was like reading a novelization of a new season.

Again, feel proud. This was a huge story but it was clear that you did not sacrifice quality to get this quantity. Great job!
Larie-chan chapter 19 . 4/17/2011
HOLY FUCK FINALLY.
Hiyorisan chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Wow great story. Very original and one of the best I've read. Kept me going to the end.

I admit I had my suspicions about Alex being Wolfwood after the scene with the burned man but his motorcycle gave him away.

Great characterization of all the characters.

You focused the majority on Wolfwood's past and Vash but I was happy you developed Meryl a bit. Both Milly and Meryl were neglected in the anime.
Amrun chapter 25 . 6/2/2010
This was my first foray into Trigun fanfiction and I chose wisely.

This is, perhaps, the only "lol so and so is totally still alive" story that I didn't feel was cheap. You went to great lengths to explain the missing links in canon and I enjoyed it, especially the bit about Plants at the very end and Vash finding his purpose. That plot point honestly felt like a logical conclusion of canon.

Perhaps some of your original characters could have been a little more integrated into the conclusion, but the only part I really took issue with was the "shell of Knives" being regarded as the "true" Knives by Vash. He's not - at all.

Overall, though, it's clear that this story was impeccably planned. Not only that, though; it was also well executed. I had a great time reading it, so thanks for sharing.
staidwaters chapter 25 . 1/10/2010
Wow! It's been forever since I read/saw anything Trigun related, but this was great. I love how you used misdirection with Sands and Knives, and had all those plot lines going only to pull them all together at the end. Excellently done! Thanks for the read.
SqueekyPhr33k chapter 25 . 8/6/2006
I remember reading this on another site dedicated to Trigun I believe, and I swear to you, all of it played out in my head, so descriptive. I read it one summer a year back, it was amazing and still is.

You're an amazing writer. Thank you so much for bringing this amazing piece of fanfiction to the world. I hope you continue to write.

If the series is continued, I hope they come to you to help make it.
animefan64 chapter 19 . 7/22/2006
Wow, that's a heck of a plot twist. Good writing.
Inuyashafb666 chapter 25 . 6/8/2006
This was great, i realy liked how you personifed Vash and Knives. I have no major critisisasms exept you never got Meryl and Vash to ammit fellings for eachother._ Thanks for writing
purplerebecca chapter 25 . 2/8/2006
Such an awesome fic. Definitely a favorite.

The way you were bringing back people, I don't believe for a second that Sand/Knives is really gone. I really liked Sand, too, so I would love to see her overcome Knives/survive, etc.

Great use of original characters, and bringing side cannon characters into the story in realistic ways. Fun theories and plot convolutions.

Loved the Legato-computer chip transfer, the Knives soul-transfer with his body spontainiously developing a new one was ODD. Not sure how that worked. Though I did like the new Knives. Meryl drove me nuts, which means she was rather IC. :)

Fabulous job overall! So great to have a fic I can recommend to everybody.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 25 . 12/19/2005
That...was...freakin'...AWESOME! Sorry I was a ghost reader, but since I stayed up till two reading it in one sitting, I figured I was entitled to coming back the next day to review. Terrific! In charecter! Stupendous! I'm not going to review for every chapter, so I'll put in lots on nice stuff here. Creative! Your own charecters were interesting, and did not detract from the originals or the story! It kept me hooked!

Two criticisms though:

I can't imagine Wolfwood with long hair. I'm sorry.

The family tree kind of got confusing, I had to write it down and keep looking at it. I figured it out though!

Amazing. Keep it up!
stretchingthelimits chapter 25 . 12/7/2005
i love this story! you are a really amazing writer. i honestly think this should be published! this tied in so well to the anime that i feld like i had just picked this up right where it finished. the characters are all perfect, and its so tasteful! its not full of ridiculous fluff or angsty-ness or anything! mwah! and kuroneko! thats very philosophical what vash said about not looking for cats, you know...
Invader Ran chapter 21 . 11/8/2005
HOW CAN THIS SPECTACULAR FANFIC HAVE LESS REVIEWS THAN MY SAMURAI CHAMPLOO FANFIC? I don't understand!

This is one of the most unique Trigun fanfics I've ever read. And there's MillyWolfwood! Yayy!
Lenna Hunter chapter 5 . 10/21/2005
i love how you mention where the other characters are, while focusing on one of them, and i also like how you put old characters from the anime into your story, not alot of people do that, Your also very creative, and make the story believable. all the characters are in character, your discription of their emotion are well done,! huh! *pant* *pant* that one left me winded!
Solitary Silhouette chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
I found this fic orginally on The Elusive Mayfly and did the majority of the reading on the SL homepage instead for reasons I don't quite remember, but now since I have created an account on which I have been scoping for VM fics for some time now I figured this was as good a place as any to tell you how wonderful I think this story is. It's absolutely amazing. When I originally checked the link on Mayfly awhile back I was discouraged by how many chapters there were, but once I started I couldn't stop to save my life...or my sleeping scheduel. I read it all in like two or three evenings. I couldn't help but spend all my time reading this story, it was so well written, developed and my god was it original in its story idea. I love how you incorporated all kinds of characters from the anime not to mention creating your own. I must say I'm very impressed with the family history you created there as well. It was enough to make my head momentarily ache, which is awesome.

I didn't get the closure I was searching for on Vash's end on the whole VxM pairing but by the end, it didn't matter in the least.

BTW: When I say I was discouraged by the number of chpts, I believe at the time I was looking for a VxM fuzzy but well written quick fix. I had just finished reading like twenty chpts much in the fashion as I had Sand and Light to find a plot twist that I couldn't quite stomach. The story and the writing was awesome...but things twisted around in a way that I was very unhappy about and childishly it overshadowed my appreciation of the story and I never finished the last 4 chpts. I will someday though I suppose..
Garowyn chapter 25 . 7/10/2005
Whew! And I thought your DBZ story, "KiBlind" was amazing...this was even better! I love how you didn't reveal a character's identity right away, and how everything managed to fall into place so neatly. Overall, an excellent story. One thing though, you should rate this T instead of K because of the language and some of the violence.