Reviews for Clockwork Happiness
Raggedy Doctor chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
wonderful job, I love your use of imagry and the symbolism of the clock. Nice job.
missionX chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
mm. I love your style, cold and harsh, descriptive and in character. great job
Ditch Gospel chapter 1 . 3/2/2006
I've been struggling for the past five minutes to compose a review that adequatetly expresses my thoughts on this, but alas, my words fall miserably short. So, let me just resort to simply saying that this piece is absolutely fascinating and beautifully executed. I was especially struck by this line:

"It turns my stomach to be given his regret through a pair of eyes when I know one of them is false."

But there were so many other parts that captivated and amazed me throughout. Hakkai is softly dangerous and Sanzo, in contrast, is like a dash of harsh reality coated in his own denial. I love the way you've portrayed the edge of wariness in Sanzo, as well.

Lovely and oh so perfect, this fic has become an instant fav of mine. I'm just speechlessly impressed.
DrWorm chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Ouch. Just... ouch. The tense emotion conveyed in this just grabbed me by the throat and held me until the end. The ambiguities, the realistic interactions and reactions... wow. Sanzo's thoughts were so utterly familiar, though they're the sort of thing that rarely gets touched upon. Just a lovely, lovely fic all around... with some interesting similes and metaphors to boot.
Sariyuki chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
What a beautifully written fic. I love it. By some happy chance are you a fan of Sanzo and Hakkai pairing like I am? :D
Keep on writing good stuff. Cheers~
Pity-poor-me-I'm-sick chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
o~oh! This is co~ol! I like! I'm confused...but then again, I'm sick, so maybe my brain isn't in the right place for this fic. Your writing is very good though. The cigarett pieces were interesting and your placement of words are very clever. Good characterization too. Very realistic. Aww, poor, smart Hakkai-kun! We must glomp! *glomps Hakkai*
ruishi chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Sanzo sounds like my mother... it's not a bad thing but it does have the "I'm always the victim" factor.
Your fic is cool, I like the sense of tension and irritation. Anything that contains Hakkai, Sanzo and a little darkness is always a wanted read:)
queasy chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Interesting story.
hakkai-san chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
love the smooth flow of this story. almost poetic really. and not to mention the dash of 383 is enuff to brighten my bleak mood, despite the angst in this fic. heheh, great job indeed! _
honmyo SeaGull chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Beautifully done. I will remember this one for a long time, I think...
Domo arigato.
Monou Hakkai chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Marvellous story. Your first person writing in Sanzo's voice was convincing. His thoughts about Hakkai and everything else around him have been written in a very crisp format and it all fits well within this one shot fic. After reading this, I am left by the impression that it is a normal quiet, night for the Sanzo-ikkou. Hakkai seems to know that something is on Sanzo's mind but shows some respect and leaves him alone. Overall this was a very enjoyable story.