Reviews for Battle of K'lai
CNQR6 chapter 4 . 6/29
In same vein as previous comments, an EM wouldn't be calling an NCO "sir" or responding "yessir" (would get chewed out for doing that and lose the habit in basic training - typically "Don't call me Sir, I work for a living!). Also, NCOs wouldn't be referred to simply by their last names. (Would be, for example, "I glanced back and saw Claybaugh hook the winch in SGT Bright's belt...") No one would be using first names the way they do here. These chapters are pretty good - but Robert Heinlein himself always got these kinds of things right. Recommend you get an Army or Marine Corps veteran to help you proofread for next iteration. Cheers yet again.
CNQR6 chapter 3 . 6/29
A platoon leader wouldn't be known as the "Old Man" - would be a company or battalion commander (or higher). Also, an NCO wouldn't be "commanding" a squad - he'd be acting squad leader. Cheers again.
CNQR6 chapter 1 . 6/29
Why are NCOs calling other NCOs "Sir" here? Ruined the piece for me. Cheers
Gunner659 chapter 4 . 3/6/2014
Really good. Why not finish?
K chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
This is suprisingly good. A Starship Troopers and what I guess is a Battle Tech crossover. I just wish there were more to it. Thanks for the entertainment.

K
Fish and Bird chapter 2 . 9/11/2009
I have to agree: this really does follow the original book very closely in style. You have a very good eye, obviously.
jblakew chapter 4 . 3/29/2009
This is really well-written, and follows in the style of the original. I've really enjoyed it so far. Please, Please, PLEASE don't abandon it!
Thescarredman chapter 4 . 2/25/2009
Thanks for coming back to this, and so promptly. I'm enjoying the latest installment very much. You must be a prolific writer to have finished the chapter so fast.
Thescarredman chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Where in the name of God is the rest of this story? The hook is sunk Deep. You really haven't come back to this in four years? Fire your muse and get another!

By the way, I think you've got RAH's writing style down perfectly, and he's one of my favorite authors.
Kel Jack chapter 2 . 8/4/2008
Well written, and you describe the action very well. Sounds like a true companion to the book. I enjoyed the action sequences. You should really finish this fanfic, it does not deserved to be abandoned.
huey61 chapter 3 . 3/1/2008
How is it that all the best stories on this site, which are already scarce, are never updated?
GARTHD chapter 3 . 1/10/2008
HOLY CRAP! absolutely loved your story. i got in trouble for reading it instead of doing my work! i couldn't look away!lots of action and amazing storyline. hope you get the next chapter off soon.
BajaB chapter 3 . 11/11/2006
You have to be joking. How can such great writing just be abandonded? Frustrating, very very frustrating. :)
nedlet chapter 3 . 1/17/2006
Good story. Plenty of action. I like the skinny's having mechs. In the book it seemed a bit cruel attacking them, they didn't stand a chance! In my favs, update soon.
Typewriter King chapter 3 . 10/17/2004
You left it in an uncomfortable cliffhanger, but did well to write an enjoyable tale in an informal first-person narrative.