Reviews for The Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain
Tovath chapter 7 . 5/20/2009
This is very good where you might not feel you are an equal to the likes of Mark Twain and the others You are a better writer then any number of people who have gotten their stuff published.
Andrea Churchill chapter 2 . 3/3/2009
"This is made easier on them by the use of a curious contraption which Nemo calls an "automobile," some form of carriage not requiring a horse. It goes dreadfully fast and seems to me to be quite dangerous, though I am told that no harm has come to any of its passengers as yet."

I love the irony of that. Because, as we all know, car accidents are such a cause of death nowadays.

Great story!
IsForWinners chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
I can't give enough Kudos to you for this story.

It's amazing, something to which future LXG authors (such as myself) must aprire. It practically ooses awesome!

That having been said I have some suggestions on how could can improve your writing... Oh wait no I don't because (at risk of being redundant) it's AWESOME, and your ability to write as though in the 1900's is flawless

I adore Elizibeth and look forward to reading about her future adventures.

It has been a bright becon of light into my otherwise bleak and boring day.

- Winners
whenifallxx chapter 7 . 7/25/2008
Awe, I'm very glad I found your stories. This first one was very good, and I love your writing style. You really have everything under control it seems (even if you actually didn't; that comment "i didn't want that"/"too bad that's what happened" had me laughing very hard), which makes it run really smoothly.

I'm rambling now.. but, going to read the second one now.

Great story (: !
myrmidryad chapter 7 . 1/20/2008
amazing use of period language, i love this entire fic and especially skinner and bess's relationship. kudos!
Shining Phoenix chapter 7 . 3/2/2006
Just like I told you I'd do, I dug up my password just so I could review. :) Honestly, there's really not much for me to say that I haven't already told you, but I'll try.

I usually don't like stories done in diary style (not sure why this is *shrugs*) but I really like this. There are only a few writers who can keep me reading, but you're definately one of them!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 6 . 8/10/2005
Ha! This was great! I loved loved LOVED the part where her father was teaching her how to shoot.

I'm assuming that Nemo was much more skilled in tracking an invisible man than one might suppose, but that would be my only quibble. That and Skinner's glib explanation of how Tom made the decision who to shoot (which could be Skinner covering for a damn lucky guess), but the rest-ah, the rest was great. I really liked the fact that de Gaulle was not her brother; that would have been much too over-the-top. Better to have him as simply one of Moriarty's henchmen...

I know this is a bit unrelated, but I feel for poor Sherlock. If he only knew that putting Watson through three years of hell-well, it really wasn't in vain since Watson would have been a target just as surely as Elizabeth is now-but to know he really hadn't defeated Moriarty...very bad indeed.

Hee hee! Now to find the rest of the treasures in your series! _
Lady Razorsharp chapter 4 . 8/10/2005
Excellent. "Porte Rouge"-that stumped me too until it hit Elizabeth and I square in the face. _ And the detail about Huck Finn-I'm unfamiliar with the source work for this (the graphic novel, I assume)-was that a 'canon' detail? Interesting. And how very very sad.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 3 . 8/10/2005
I'm enjoying being introduced into this world through Elizabeth's eyes. Skinner's explanations are very succinct and are timely without seeming like exposition overload.

On to the next chapter! _
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Ha ha! Told you I was going to read it. _

This is lovely! I really, really like the way you've given Elizabeth a sort of quiet resolve that Allan Quartermain was a flawed hero, but that she loved him, as she says, as best as she could and as much as he would allow her to. The League seems quite genuine in their acceptance of her, Tom especially. The way you write Skinner is just right. _

Well done! I'm looking forward to the rest.
KurianGirl chapter 1 . 6/5/2005

(Lol. *wink*)

Greetings Lady Norbert. _

My name is Kurry and I have to say, I absolutely adore your stories about Elizabeth and the League. You write the characters extremely well and Elizabeth is completely believable. The plotlines and events are also believable, as well as interesting and exciting, and all the romance had me hollering 'KAWAII!' _ It is an awesome series, to be sure; not only the actual diaries, but the extras as well, which I am well and truly glad you added in. TPDoEQ and its sequels are completely wonderful works of fanfiction and I can hardly contain my anticipation for the next instalment. _ The League itself would be impressed, I am sure. ~_o

After reading every single story relating to TPDoEQ, I felt the need to commend you on your terrific work and then promptly realised that I had no idea where to send my review since I wished to speak about all of them, so I chose the original work. The entire series and its sub-plots are fantastic and I truly cannot wait for the next part. _

Happy Writing and I hope your muse stays with you for many, many chapters to come. _

(P.S: I also absolutely love the way you write Skinner. He's just so...ADORABLE, you simply HAVE to love him. _ Incorrigible, yet charming. I can see what Elizabeth sees in him. ~_o)
526837 chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
In the words of Weezy from Dragon Tales: Love it!
526837 chapter 7 . 2/7/2005
I love it! My god, I wish I could write like that. More importantly I wish I had the attention span to read Victorian novels. Gah...*goes off the read the next one*
snowbunny3 chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
are you planing to update the rest of the stories soon... i love then all so much.
DiabloCat chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Just read the whole lot a second time. Man, I love this series!