Reviews for My Captain's Lady
cuutiepie chapter 20 . 1/15
Oh wow. I can't tell you how much I loved this... and the epilogue... Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for this, I'll definitely be reading your other stories after seeing this masterpiece :)
Kaz chapter 20 . 11/18/2013
Absolutely loved this.
Queen of Corners chapter 20 . 8/9/2013
It's a fantastic story. I actually feel bad for not finding this earlier.
To get my complaints out of the way, though, the first half bothered me, mostly because of Taichi's inconsistent characterization, but it wasn't just Taichi. Yamato and Takeru, too. And it really bothered me sometimes, because most of the arguments between them in the beginning could have been settled without much 'yelling' and 'hating' and shooting insults each other's way, but the overall story wouldn't let this bother me too much. I guess the only thing that really bothered me is that we never really get to see Hikari and Taichi 'reintroducing' and simply becoming brother and sister again and, while I understand it would take time to write it as the change is gradual.
Also, one other point. Nimura. I hated him. Not in the typical 'he's a bad guy so you've gotta hate him on principle', moreover because it's like... he really had no character other than being a bastard who wanted to destroy everything he touched. So I'll either write him off as a sadistic bastard and a sociopath or like a flat character, but I think some more work could have been done on his particular character. He was clearly smart and a strategist, but I didn't... I don't even know how to explain it... I just didn't find anything... he didn't have any redeemable quality about him and it really almost made me give up. He just fell flat and... I don't know. He was kinda whatever plot demanded him to be.
While I started reading this because based on the tagged characters (Taichi and Mimi) I knew they were probably gonna end up together, I was never really a fan of this ship. Until now. What you did with them... well, a lot of their arguments in the beginning felt really pointless (and that comes in regards with Taichi's often mood swings throughout the story),the latter half of the story just made me love the two of them and not many stories can get me to ship a couple I never even considered could exist. Which is awesome and a big plus for you, dear author.
Also, I liked the fact that it was Daisuke who got the final kill. I was at first raging about the fact that so far, Taichi didn't really land a single fair punch on Nimura and while I wasn't exactly all that interested whether he was going to kill Nimura or not, this was all personal for him so I guess it's still a bit disappointing that he didn't do all that much to contribute to Nimura's defeat. Heck, if we're being honest, even Takeru would have made more sense than Daisuke, but I guess you executed it fine enough so I'm not nearly as bothered as I would normally be.
I think Mimi was the character with the most depth here. She's just... been through hell and managed to pull through which as I read on made me feel as if Sora really had no right to complain about anything (not that she ever did) but it also made me like the way you portrayed their friendship.
Hikari's characterization is also something I commend you for. She could have used a bit more dept, but this was good enough since this story was pretty long and focused on many characters all at once. Personally, I'm glad she's with Takeru. The only pairing in Digimon I've ever shipped-as in really, really shipped-was Takari. Not that I mind Daisuke and all (hell, if this turned Daikari I still wouldn't have cared, you made it acceptable), but I really like her better with Takeru. And that's not even because of the first season. I actively started shipping them after episode 3 of 02 while before that I thought it'd be really silly to ship them.
But meh, I'm getting of track.
So this is a long review, but I don't really care. Sometimes, some sentences you wrote nearly put me to tears and that's really not an easy thing to do with somebody who doesn't bother shedding a tear while watching Titanic despite the fact its one of my favorite movies. But damn, some of these things felt so goddamn real that it was creepy.
Yeah, before we get into that, I do have an account. Just too lazy to log in.
And one last thing. It's not really clarified in the epilogue, but... Mimi is pregnant, right? Or am I just reading into the first few and the last few paragraphs too much? Because if yes, that'd be awesome. And if not... well, I still have imagination.
Anyway, congratulations and this was a job well done, author! It made me love Michi. I'm almost worried for my sanity now. I mean, come ON. I used to kinda like him with Sora, but... uh, no, never mind that anymore. Now there's another Taichi/Mimi shipper on the deck.
Katara-Hatake chapter 20 . 4/29/2013
Man. It's finished, I don't know if I should cry or celebrate.

The-one-who-is-plotting

K-H
feedthegrimmjows chapter 20 . 12/17/2012
Aw, great fic!
Fraulein Kaname Langley chapter 20 . 6/11/2012
What a beautiful history! Great work.
MICHI FAN SIHAM chapter 20 . 12/14/2011
I loved your book. Ever since I was 11 I used to think Taichi and Mimi were made for each other, and you completely prove it in your story. It was very gripping, lovely and romantic. Reading your story actually made me wonder if they were real. great effect I have got from your story.
Annie Sparklecakes chapter 20 . 8/30/2011
Wow, okay. I just spent nearly a week tearing through about half your stories, not even pausing to review. And while I will now, i HAD to start with this one.

I just finished this story, after trying to drag it out for days because I loved it SO MUCH. The story was brilliant, characters wonderfully drawn, and the romance beautifully done. In a story like this, you could have fallen into hugely sappy cliches. But you didn't, not once.

But what really got me hooked? The writing. I don't even remember the last time I read something so wonderfully written. Like I said, everything about the story was fantastic, but the writing? That's what kept me reading. Every time I worried the story would take a turn for the worse - that it would slow down or become predictable - I kept on, solely because of the writing, and then I realized I shouldn't worry, because you kept this story moving, surprising me at every turn. I savored every line. On your bio, you mention your favorite stories being ones that should make people want to write? No way. YOUR story makes me want to write. Your WRITING, really.

I'm gushing now, but it needs to be said. I loved every moment of this. And i know it was written quite a while ago, so your writing now must be absolutely incredible.
Altaira Azulis chapter 20 . 11/25/2010
Please write more MICHI fanfiction!
wonderlandbomb chapter 20 . 6/22/2010
I remember seeing "City of Kings" years back when I first came upon one of your stories. I feel regretful not having taken the chance to read it then. Wonderful story! :)
wonderlandbomb chapter 14 . 6/22/2010
It makes my jaw drop how everything still catches me by surprise. Have I mentioned this is the second time I've read this? Granted, it's been over two years, but... the twists, the turns, people coming back from the dead, things people do; I get so shocked! Ahah... And Taichi and Mimi, it makes me wonder how I reacted to them two years ago. I mean, right when they have something, one of them pulls away! (Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way, I love the drama you've created!) But they still make me shake my head in complete disbelief.

In shorter words: I love this story.
wonderlandbomb chapter 13 . 6/21/2010
I miss your little teasers at the top.
wonderlandbomb chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
I forgot how interesting- for lack of better words- this story is! Everything's catching me by surprise a second time.
wonderlandbomb chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I remember reading this on my old account... It's even better the second time around. :)
b4k4 ch4n chapter 20 . 1/19/2008
Wow, my first Digimon story ever and I absolutely love this! Your writing style is great and you kept me interested right till the end. I enjoyed reading every single chapter. I'm somewhat sad now that it ended.

Hehe, Taichi and Mimi do make a cute couple ) They are always arguing aren't they. I love their lines, especially Taichi's "I drank more than her and I definitely got drunk." Oh jeez xD Oh, and I loved the whole talk about the sunset. So cute and Taichi's reaction was just too funny xD

Heh, a little YamatoxSora was nice. At first I thought both Yamato and Takeru was going to go after Mimi. o.O

Nimura...god I hate that guy. He's despicable! Though I think that was the point ;; If he was 20 something when he had Takeru then... he must be like in the high 40s, low 50s! Wow! Mimi was married to a man who was doubled her age? Gah...I was glad when he died. Also, I was actually surprised that it was Davis who killed Nimura and not Taichi himself. Well, different is nice. Davis became Captain, yay to him! D

Great work. I enjoyed the long chapters as well. I was always at the end of my seat while reading what was happening and wondering if they were going to make it out alive. The suspense was great xD Oh, the part where Taichi and Mimi was going to be exchanged made me anxious. Not knowing the plan before made that scene very intriguing. Oh, I'm guessing the person who helped Mimi was...Koushiro?

Nice way of ending the story too. Keep up the great work. I'm off to go read some of your other stories too ) Yay to Michiness!