Reviews for My Captain's Lady
rakikel chapter 14 . 11/4
oh god. i don't really know why i'm only reading this now, but what a story. Thought about reviewing at the end of the first part, but since english isn't my first language sometimes i let the impulse pass. Only it didn't pass this time, so i must say: what a story.
The ending of this chapter breaks my heart. Such a beautiful declaration, such desperation from mimi's part. But, well, i don't excactly think taichi's a jerk because of his rejection (just to say, i had a hard time making my mind up about taichi's character in the beginning). I would have preffered if he had proclaimed his love to her of course (so much pain, from both sides, just want them to have a little rest), but I guess the letter had something to do with his reaction (did it?).
can't wait to finish this!
Black Licorice Addict chapter 20 . 2/13
That was so very intense. Well done, my friend. Well done. It was clear by this story that you've had a talent for writing for a long time, and that talent has only improved. Thank you for this treasure.
Arford chapter 20 . 1/31
Sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in... but again, I repeat:

This is absolutely beautiful. Discovering this fandom for Digimon actually makes my heart shake. Thank you, so so much for writing this tale a decade ago. I thank you to the ends of the earth.
Scripturiens chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
I don't know if you still check FF or if you're active at all, but I want to commend you for writing this story. I was caught in an FF reading frenzy about five days ago, for the first time in years, and this was such a refreshing story to find. I loved that you took the characters and inserted them in a completely different scenario while remaining loyal to them.

I liked the mature tone of the story, and how you paced it for the most part. The character development was reasonably consistent and in general, your writing was very pleasant. Some parts made me very happy, and some parts (namely the last chapters), made me suffer for Taichi. I felt sorry for Mimi throughout the story; she just couldn't catch a break.

Sorato usually bores me but even they, you wrote in a way I could actually root for them. I just think I missed the part where Mimi and Yamato stopped giving each other cute looks. Like, that one kiss was very out of place and nobody mentioned it ever again.

Thank you for sharing this.
fan chapter 20 . 8/29/2014
I am so upset with me that I didn't found it I am half that I at least found it .Better late being never. Job well done.I am in love with it and just unable to get out it from my mind at leat for a minute .It's true believe it or you will continue your awesome for the wonderful story.
Guest chapter 20 . 8/18/2014
I read somewhere that you created a sequel to this story called "City of Kings" but I don't see it listed under your profile. I would love to be able to read it... You wouldn't happen to have another copy of it somewhere, would you?
cuutiepie chapter 20 . 1/15/2014
Oh wow. I can't tell you how much I loved this... and the epilogue... Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for this, I'll definitely be reading your other stories after seeing this masterpiece :)
Kaz chapter 20 . 11/18/2013
Absolutely loved this.
Queen of Corners chapter 20 . 8/9/2013
It's a fantastic story. I actually feel bad for not finding this earlier.
To get my complaints out of the way, though, the first half bothered me, mostly because of Taichi's inconsistent characterization, but it wasn't just Taichi. Yamato and Takeru, too. And it really bothered me sometimes, because most of the arguments between them in the beginning could have been settled without much 'yelling' and 'hating' and shooting insults each other's way, but the overall story wouldn't let this bother me too much. I guess the only thing that really bothered me is that we never really get to see Hikari and Taichi 'reintroducing' and simply becoming brother and sister again and, while I understand it would take time to write it as the change is gradual.
Also, one other point. Nimura. I hated him. Not in the typical 'he's a bad guy so you've gotta hate him on principle', moreover because it's like... he really had no character other than being a bastard who wanted to destroy everything he touched. So I'll either write him off as a sadistic bastard and a sociopath or like a flat character, but I think some more work could have been done on his particular character. He was clearly smart and a strategist, but I didn't... I don't even know how to explain it... I just didn't find anything... he didn't have any redeemable quality about him and it really almost made me give up. He just fell flat and... I don't know. He was kinda whatever plot demanded him to be.
While I started reading this because based on the tagged characters (Taichi and Mimi) I knew they were probably gonna end up together, I was never really a fan of this ship. Until now. What you did with them... well, a lot of their arguments in the beginning felt really pointless (and that comes in regards with Taichi's often mood swings throughout the story),the latter half of the story just made me love the two of them and not many stories can get me to ship a couple I never even considered could exist. Which is awesome and a big plus for you, dear author.
Also, I liked the fact that it was Daisuke who got the final kill. I was at first raging about the fact that so far, Taichi didn't really land a single fair punch on Nimura and while I wasn't exactly all that interested whether he was going to kill Nimura or not, this was all personal for him so I guess it's still a bit disappointing that he didn't do all that much to contribute to Nimura's defeat. Heck, if we're being honest, even Takeru would have made more sense than Daisuke, but I guess you executed it fine enough so I'm not nearly as bothered as I would normally be.
I think Mimi was the character with the most depth here. She's just... been through hell and managed to pull through which as I read on made me feel as if Sora really had no right to complain about anything (not that she ever did) but it also made me like the way you portrayed their friendship.
Hikari's characterization is also something I commend you for. She could have used a bit more dept, but this was good enough since this story was pretty long and focused on many characters all at once. Personally, I'm glad she's with Takeru. The only pairing in Digimon I've ever shipped-as in really, really shipped-was Takari. Not that I mind Daisuke and all (hell, if this turned Daikari I still wouldn't have cared, you made it acceptable), but I really like her better with Takeru. And that's not even because of the first season. I actively started shipping them after episode 3 of 02 while before that I thought it'd be really silly to ship them.
But meh, I'm getting of track.
So this is a long review, but I don't really care. Sometimes, some sentences you wrote nearly put me to tears and that's really not an easy thing to do with somebody who doesn't bother shedding a tear while watching Titanic despite the fact its one of my favorite movies. But damn, some of these things felt so goddamn real that it was creepy.
Yeah, before we get into that, I do have an account. Just too lazy to log in.
And one last thing. It's not really clarified in the epilogue, but... Mimi is pregnant, right? Or am I just reading into the first few and the last few paragraphs too much? Because if yes, that'd be awesome. And if not... well, I still have imagination.
Anyway, congratulations and this was a job well done, author! It made me love Michi. I'm almost worried for my sanity now. I mean, come ON. I used to kinda like him with Sora, but... uh, no, never mind that anymore. Now there's another Taichi/Mimi shipper on the deck.
1234dghgfj chapter 20 . 4/29/2013
Man. It's finished, I don't know if I should cry or celebrate.

feedthegrimmjows chapter 20 . 12/17/2012
Aw, great fic!
Fraulein Kaname Langley chapter 20 . 6/11/2012
What a beautiful history! Great work.
MICHI FAN SIHAM chapter 20 . 12/14/2011
I loved your book. Ever since I was 11 I used to think Taichi and Mimi were made for each other, and you completely prove it in your story. It was very gripping, lovely and romantic. Reading your story actually made me wonder if they were real. great effect I have got from your story.
Annie Sparklecakes chapter 20 . 8/30/2011
Wow, okay. I just spent nearly a week tearing through about half your stories, not even pausing to review. And while I will now, i HAD to start with this one.

I just finished this story, after trying to drag it out for days because I loved it SO MUCH. The story was brilliant, characters wonderfully drawn, and the romance beautifully done. In a story like this, you could have fallen into hugely sappy cliches. But you didn't, not once.

But what really got me hooked? The writing. I don't even remember the last time I read something so wonderfully written. Like I said, everything about the story was fantastic, but the writing? That's what kept me reading. Every time I worried the story would take a turn for the worse - that it would slow down or become predictable - I kept on, solely because of the writing, and then I realized I shouldn't worry, because you kept this story moving, surprising me at every turn. I savored every line. On your bio, you mention your favorite stories being ones that should make people want to write? No way. YOUR story makes me want to write. Your WRITING, really.

I'm gushing now, but it needs to be said. I loved every moment of this. And i know it was written quite a while ago, so your writing now must be absolutely incredible.