Reviews for Fireflies: More Romantic Tales from the Meiji Era
Bokken of Doom chapter 2 . 7/3/2005
I was looking for a different fanfic with the title Fireflies in it... but came across yours first~! Ah, you really should continue with this even though it's been almost a year since you last updated. This is a very well-crafted story you have going on!
Hiro-tyre chapter 2 . 9/17/2004
Really, really awesome writing here. I'm a little concerned that it will take you four months to update, though... you write very well.
audsome chapter 2 . 9/15/2004
In the 14th paragraph, you spelt 'Kogoro' 'Korgoro'.

It is a little confusing when you have scene changes and don't show that there was one, but then it might be good. however you do it is fine.

audsome chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Wow, the way that you wrote this is definately different. This was amazing, nothing to fix.

an amazing peice of work you have here.
ChiisaiKo chapter 2 . 8/24/2004
I really like this chapter and the way in which you relayed those last few scenes of the trust/betrayal OVA. I don't know there's something in this chapter that really tugs at the heart strings. And it's at once elegant and dignified, showing the myriad threads that these peoples lives are intertwined-and how they're unravelling as the war pulls to a close. I look forward to reading more! :)
ChiisaiKo chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
I have to admit that I was curious about your battousai story after reading your journal entries.

One striking thing about the first chapter is the elevated voice that you use in it. I think, for all intents and purposes, this is really effective in creating the historical epic tone of this story. (if that makes any sense). It really does remind me of a historical drama or something. And I especially love how this is so grounded in historical events.
matchynishi chapter 2 . 8/21/2004
O... who's taken the sword? Hiko, maybe? *thinks* Oh well, I'm sure you'll clear it up sometime... Great story, by the way! *adds you to author alert* Very nicely written, and dramatic... I like drama, especially in RK ficcies... Lol.

Update soon!
Dea Mariella chapter 2 . 8/8/2004
this is the most impressive kenshin fic i've read in a while! did you really base this on history? if so, that's really cool. i like the fact that you are filling in the blank between samurai x and rurouni always makes you wonder what happened. keep writing, i entreat you. thanks.

AN LOTR Freak chapter 2 . 8/7/2004
Beautiful absolutlely beautiful keep going with this story its a wonderful point of view and an awsome plot i luv it
lizzie chapter 2 . 8/6/2004
There are only a handful of quality RK fanfic out there now. Thanks for adding one more to the list! I am curious as to where you plan to take this fic. I will be looking forward to the next chapter.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 2 . 8/6/2004
This has a great start. I like recognizing all the events and characters from the OVA and manga in this fic. I'm wondering what's going to happen, though... I suppose this story is going to be about Kenshin's wandering years? Well, I guess I'll find out. Cyz!
lizzie chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
Great intro...the drama and your attention to detail really shines in this chapter! Thanks for sharing another RK fic that shows so much potential.
lizzie chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
PattyBones chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
Man this says it all. I cannot express in words how this piece moved me. You did a wonerful job.
Melissa chapter 2 . 8/6/2004
Very well-written and detailed, with that bit about Shishio I've especially never seen before. I'll be looking for the next chapter of Kenshin's beginning wanderings!