Reviews for The Battle of Love
RDF-73 chapter 14 . 3/23/2007
It is a great story. I love how the story flow with out much naration. I have read all your stories and this b for is my Favorite. I hope to that you will continue writing you have a good talent at it.

Long live the RDF
evi021 chapter 14 . 5/4/2006
¡Hola! Te escribo esto en español porque creo que es tu idioma nativo (y el mio). :D

Hoy leí tu historia y la verdad es que no tengo palabras para describir los sentimientos que provocaste en mi con ella. Mi capítulo favorito fue el 6, cuando Lisa y Rick tienen esa cena romántica. ¡Increíble! He sido fan de L&R los últimos 15 años de mi vida y leer una historia así es fantastico, porque es exactamente el tipo de romance que yo quisiera haber visto en pantalla... si hubiera habido mas tiempo para el romance dentro de la historia.

Tus personajes están muy bien escritos, se nota que los conoces de corazón. Y tu inglés es excelente tambien. Solo puedo felicitarte y decirte que esta historia es una de mis favoritas de L&R.

¡Gracias por el esfuerzo y por el tiempo y el corazón que pusiste en esta historia! ¡Es excelente! :)
Scarleth chapter 14 . 10/19/2005
Hola .. que tal ya también ando por acá y ya lo estoy leyendo en english! jijiji!

De nuevo te digo que me encanta como escribes Kaoru! y bueno tu fic ... MAGNIFICO! What else can I tell you?

Hugs and kisses!

Scarleth
dwparsnip chapter 5 . 7/6/2005
Hi MsHayes.

I just finished Chapter 5.

I think it's a wonderful tory, full of humour, and I really like it.
Aldhelm chapter 14 . 12/24/2004
Well, I must admit this was quite the take on the original ending of the Macross saga. Are you sure you don't speak English, because I saw few or no errors-incredible. Your story is...incredible. However, the story started to get redudnant at the end-much like the show. Example, Rick makes a mistake Lisa gets mad, Lisa makes a mistake Rick gets mad. Now, I know that your story wasn't as blunt as I just described it; the story itself had great depth and ambience-it really seemed like this prose was ripped from the show. On a side note, the ending seemed just slight rushed, but it turned out great at the end. Conclusively, you wrote a great piece of prose for your first attempt at English writing, and you delivered a Fan-Fic on a show that people get fantical about-I know I do. At end of the last chapter I noticed( and I'm sure other readers noticed as well) "The End...(for now?)" part. I certainly would hope it is not the ending, I would enjoy to see you write more. Elaboration on this story would be great, and I'm hoping to see more. My two cents have been said.
Vixenne Victorienne chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Loved this chapter. The dialogue was perfect and captured the personalities of both Rick and Lisa. If this was your first attempt at writing in English, this is excellent. I plan to continue reading all the chapters,
AddictedtoTsuzukiTatsumi chapter 14 . 11/11/2004
Rick and Lisa...best...couple...ever. In all my years of watching shows and animes and even soaps, I just love Rick and Lisa. (Claudia and Roy are actually in my top 5).

And this story was so wonderful. I sort of wanted to smack Lisa for taking so long :-) But I just loved it. I'm pulling out my DVDs and watching this soon. I've been Inuyasha obsessed lately (though Kagome is more annoying than even Minmei was to me at the time), but Robotech has always been the best and I'm glad I have insomnia and read this all in one night.

:-)
DaimyoDan chapter 14 . 10/29/2004
I like this better than how the actual Macross setting ended. I was getting annoyed both at Rick and Lisa though... they were both pissing me off. Rick's case is understanding with Minmei, I tend to get myself in trouble by helping people friends out and it looks like something completely different. The ending how they got back together maybe in my eyes seems sudden and rushed... I was expecting it to work to it slowly, but then wham passionate embrace which was nice... must be my taste. I love this fic either way though, please write more!
Shawn Pickett chapter 14 . 10/5/2004
Well that was a sweet story, interesting twist on the whole Robotech saga, nicely done, hope to see more of your work soon.
k71 chapter 14 . 9/14/2004
Oh wow! Great ending. I'll miss this fic. You did a great job with the characters and the story. Although I hate to see it end, thanks for finishing it.

I do notice you put "The End...(for now?)" does that mean we can at least have some hope for a sequel? If not, please write another Rick/Lisa fic, I'll be watching for more stories from you. Thanks!
OokamiShiroi chapter 14 . 9/14/2004
Wow,great story.I wish more authors would write like this isn't the only fic you would be gerat to see more of your writing way GREAT story.

OokamiShiroi out.
LadyTrista chapter 14 . 9/14/2004
Wow this was an amazing fic. A sequal would be much appreciated
urzu6 chapter 14 . 9/14/2004
I like the way you had that near rocky ending for Rick and Lisa. The afterward with the couples and their kids is very insightful and appropriate. Especially with Roy and Rini. This was a very good Fic, and I look forward to another one. I hope you write one soon.
SithKnight-Galen chapter 14 . 9/13/2004
While I will not lie and say that I am glad this story was finished so quickly, I must say that it left me with a very satisfied feeling at the end of the day, and I am glad ro have been allowed to read and review it. I must agree that yes, Lisa and Rick do belong together, even when they try to kill one another. Good work once more, and I hope to see more of your fantastically angst-filled, but war haearted writings.
gppr chapter 14 . 9/12/2004
I am going to miss this story. You did a amazing job with the characters and the plot. I enjoyed reading every single chapter very much. Kudos, Ms Hayes. :)
147 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »