Reviews for Savior
Guest chapter 18 . 10/27/2013
Not a very good ending, I am not liking it very much...
gleamfang chapter 19 . 7/15/2011
Wow that story was something else! Damn your 19th chapter. I thought it was an epilogue! Rinoa totally deserved to meet up with Squall after all that crap she went through.

It was a really good twist to have Rinoa receive the powers of Ultimecia but frankly, if she did, she should have gotten out of it with much less damage gven that she has so much power on her. My guess is the sorceress energy being released was what caused Rinoa's condition. Such a pity that they did not return together but then again, that would not have tied well with your back to the past scene.

I really liked how you put your own spin in the game's events and timeline. It brought great familiarity and a refreshing change all at the same time. Well done.

All in all, great work and would have passed for an alternate version of the original FF8. I mean that's what you were going for but I hope you caught the compliment there.

Please don't stop writing such inspiring and gripping fics. I get too much sleep at night as it is.

Cheers

Keep Writing
Adonai63 chapter 19 . 1/10/2011
Fuck. This story is gonna haunt me for days. And... man, the story was so beautifully written. How you incorporated the elements from the original game was amazing. My mind's imagining how the story would've been if you added other pieces like maybe their parents, Ellone, the dream world, etc., blah, blah, blah... The ending was wonderful! And that's what's gonna haunt me. It's sort of like a pest that's pestering me. I need closure... Although... since it's the same body (and obviously it was Rinoa), aren't the people supposed to recognize it was her? Unless she was wearing her hood? Hmm... Well, whatever. Great story. And if you ever get into writing for the FF8 fandom again, it would be welcomed with open arms. Especially mine. :)
pockybandits89 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I like final fantasy 8!

great start
jay chapter 19 . 2/12/2010
aww i wanted to see their meeting. i absolutely luved reading this story XD the writing, plot, twist, it was all great. i also liked how you incorporated limit breaks, magic and gfs into the story as well.
SakuraJade chapter 4 . 7/1/2009
Good way to work the "Rinoa going comotose" into your story :) I always liked Shiva, I think it's safe to say she's my favorite GF (in all the games, although they aren't called GFs in all of them, you know what I mean). I am curious to know when Shiva will get her powers back. After Rinoa dies or just after she's had time to get her own strength back maybe? I think I liked Shiva's look best in FFX actually. Speaking of FFX, the general outline of this plot reminds me of the plot from that game since Yuna has to travel with a band of gaurdians to reach Sin and then die in the process of destroying it. I believe that game was out by the time you wrote this story so maybe you drew some of your ideas from it. Doesn't really matter if you did or not, it's still a good story and it works well with the FF8 world and characters the way you've set it up so great job regardless of where the idea came from :)

So Rinoa goaded Squall into one more round after all lol Those two are so cute together :) And Seifer came to Garden! And he's taken a liking to Rinoa. That's not good . . . but does create drama which makes for a more interesting and enjoyable read lol :) He's such a creepier in this story lol I liked the comment he said to Squall about Rinoa being his property hehehehe
SakuraJade chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
Nah, I don't think this chapter seemed too rushed, it was good :) The dance scene was cute, I like how you tweaked it to fit your plot. And the fighting Squall and Rinoa did in the training center was cool. That's awesome she's not defenseless on her own. Sucks about her powers though, they take such a toll on her. The way she was when she blew those beasts away reminds me of her Angel limit break or whatever they called them in FF8 (after they were coined limit break in FF7 everyone pretty much kept calling them that despite the fact that they are given a new name in every FF lol) since she had the angel wings and kind of loses control of what's going on.
SakuraJade chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
Hahahaha, I loved the comment about the fashion style of the sorceresses being eyesores. That's the first thing I thought too when I played this game a decade ago sigh good times . . .

Zell sure is lucky Fujin didn't lay the smack down on him, especially since they are on opposing sides! But I could see where he'd think she might have been the one, she is an oddball.

Interesting way for Squall and Rinoa to meet, I'm sure he'll be pissy about being tricked even though Rinoa wasn't trying to blindside him. That's just Squall. But yay, Rinoa's in the picture now :)
SakuraJade chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This story looks like it's going to be good. I liked the way you rearranged the events that happened in Dollet for the SeeD field exam and the opening sequence to make an intro for your story. I also like how you changed the way Irvine is brought into the team and that he's brought in earlier. That was a fun change. It was also cool how you worked Seifer into being on Ultimecia's side and now his current role.

I thought the comment Squall made was interesting as well. How he wondered if Seifer even believed in the sorceress crap and it's a valid thought. Seifer is the kind of guy who cares about himself and how he appears over anything else and there is a good chance he sided with Galbadia for the simple fact that he'd get to be someone important on their side whereas when he was on Garden's side he was never gonna amount to anything since he couldn't follow orders. Just thought that wa an interesting thought on Squall's part and very perceptive.
DaughterOfSorceress-Lion chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
This is really really good. I liked the open ending and your timeline twists! An excelent story!
Ittan chapter 19 . 11/9/2006
hope you will write a new fic soon!
G-AnakinRPG chapter 19 . 8/2/2006
Great Story read it months ago and I love it
Xecko chapter 18 . 7/28/2006
OMG! *sniff* this story...it made me cry! T-T you are so god at writing! you're the best!
Shizukii chapter 19 . 7/24/2006
Wow... that was one heck of a plot twist, but it still fit in with the story very well. Awesome job for pulling that off! Even though it was inspired by Fushigi Yuugi (Haha, I've read that manga too) it still had a lot of originality. I had a lot of fun reading this, great job!
Kimmy chapter 19 . 11/10/2005
Beautiful plot, beautiful words. Everything was very wonderfully done. I thought you had the most in character characters I have ever read. Squall was so Squall and Rin was so Rin. The ending was unexpected, so props to you ;) Keep up the excellent work!