Reviews for Dragon Child
The Mightier Pen chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Kudos
zara2148 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wonderfully insane, and the end is just the right amount of hopeful.
deactivated82940 chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
This was amazing. I adored how Ryuuji was toeing the line of insanity there, and his interactions with YnYuugi. They were both so delightfully snarky with each other

And somehow, I think I despise Otogi senior MORE now than I did in the manga. That takes skill there, it does.

"yet that sorrow is incomparable to the pain I feel every time I see Yugi at school. He always looks at us with those soulful eyes, and more than once I have caught them brimming with tears."

Oh, that was sad. For both of them. Yuugi without his other half, and vice versa, just tugs at the heartstrings.

And your ending! The part where YnYuugi explains that he won't miss Ryuuji because they're friends was lovely. And Ryuuji deciding what to do and where to go with his life.

Excellent fic.
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Wow, this fic was amazing! Excellent writing.
NightmareTroubador chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Wow this story was great! Followed the manga nicely and none of the characters were OOC to me.(that means out of character right?) sorry don't know fanfic lingo well yet. Anyway this is going on fav's and i'll be eagerly looking for more from you, so keep it up!
Velgamidragon chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Why DOES Yami call Ryuuji, 'Dragon Child'. I feel sorry for them both and Yugi for different reasons.
emeralddarkness chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
This was lovely - you've captured all the characters so well and done a WONDERFUL job taking us all off on a little 'what if' sideline.

What if he /had/ lost?

I like the way that you made the bond suddenly so very warped - it makes sense that Yugi is the only one that it would be whole in, because... well, because Yami doesn't really fit anyone else, you know? It's like a puzzle - it fits together, but if you take half that puzzle and try to mash it on to another already completed puzzle... yea, it doesn't work.

Dang.

Really, this was good. It was a pleasure to read, and I tend to be picky about my fanfiction. So going on the fav list.
Yma chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
That was excellent. Your 'voice' for Ryuuji and Yami is wonderful, the way you hint at things... tantalizing and terrifying is masterful. I really enjoyed this story. The slow slide into insanity, the way you rounded the plot off... I'm only sorry I don't have much time to review in or I could go on about this for a long time.

Basically this was really enjoyable, I hope you write more (not of this, but of other stuff.)

I was especially amazed with your handling of Ryuuji. If nothing else you have made me more interested in the (manga incarnation) of his character. Which is no small feat.
RandSpyd chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Wow! That was so good! Really moving! I'm totally impressed with it's uniqueness, and the relationship you built up between Otogi and Yami was adorable! I loved it!
X-parrot chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Wow. This was just recc'd on the ygo_goodfic lj comm and I'm so glad it was. Simply beautiful. That it becomes so dark, that it's ultimately so uplifting - lovely. A marvelous idea, and you absolutely did it justice. I like how sparse you kept the descriptions, as befitting Yami's half-blind perspective, and how you developed his and Otogi's relationship, from hatred to pity to compassion to friendship. Wonderful, too, how you brought it full-circle, ending with a parallel fire that brings the timeline back on track with the original story.

"Yugi. Always, forever Yugi, regardless of what the question is."

This line near killed me.
Qem chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Oh ah.

A very imagionative and well writtens tory. D
Amiasha Ruri chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
That was awesome! So well written; the interactions between them were really great. I love the concept for this story, and the execution of it was really perfect. Definate favorite. :D
Dark Seraphim chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Wow! That's exceptional. Ryuuju/Yami fics, friendship or beyond are just rare. At any rate, just well done!
Lyrical Rex chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Wow...
Battle Ferrets chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
*slack jawed* Wow. Just... wow. That is one of the most imaginitive and creative fics I've read on this site. I think you can be rest assured that you have a unique fic here.
As for my reaction... I think my three letter word before sufficed. Wow. The interaction between Ryuuji and Yami was flawless. I don't know much about Ryuuji's manga past, but I've heard a bit about his father being a clown (?) and that he 'disappeared' when the Game Shop burnt down. Mind you, this is all gathered from fanfictions around , so I don't really know.
Regardless, your take on it, canon or not (again, I don't know), was beautiful. And that's not a word I use very often.
The plot was well thought out... usually I can nit pick at least a few plot holes... but with the explanations you inserted I couldn't find a single one. Bravo!
I admire your work, and I think you can be assured that you have gained yourself a new fan. I will definately be checking out more of your writing in the future.
Once more-