Reviews for Second Verse
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Just read all 4 chapters and I am quite overwhelmed. It's an amazing, wonderful story, and I'm so very sad that it looks like it will never be finished, since it was last updated 8 years ago. Generally speaking, I can't stand stories where one of my best-beloved characters die...particularly where their death is the premise. This, though...had such depth and rich characterization, such wonderful writing, I can't help but love it...even though it's excruciating. I actually had to take a break after Chapter 3. I'm not accustomed to crying that hard over one scene. I guess it is partly because in my head canon Jess was "trained" not to cry as a kid...very abusively...so anything that actually breaks him down into tears (which I've never seen portrayed that realistically, by the way) absolutely guts me. But ending that scene with Luke telling Lorelai what a good mom she is, and her replying: "I was." That just broke me. I was sobbing. Bless you for having Jess push Stella in the lake so soon after that! It cured me. Extremely cathartic! :D

I LOVE both Stella and Julia, and I cannot express just HOW MUCH I love the relationship between Jess and each of his daughters... It's amazing. Everything about this story is so very REAL. If you're ever inspired to write more...I would be supremely grateful!

I also loved seeing Richard Gilmore stumped by a six-year-old. That scene was...just perfect.

Oh...and learning that Andrew willed the bookstore to Rory, and then... *gulp* ...got me all choked up again.

More...please oh please, more! (Must go read everything else in the Gilmoreverse you've written!)

Also, if you would deign to read my stories and tell me how to improve them, I'd be honored!

Iscah McKrae
cmtaylor531 chapter 4 . 12/12/2006
Wow I really loved this story! It was just totally amazing! Im sad you never wrote anymore. I wanted to see Jess and Dean reactions to thier children. I wanted a Jess and Dean run in. I mean you figure Dean has to atleast have Sympathy for Jess his wife just died!
Jam Hands chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
WHOA! I REALLY LIKE THIS STORY! I realized that this was written a while ago, but I really wish there was some way that you could continue it. This was the first time that I have cried while reading fanfiction. I love Jess's relationship with Stella!
Mel.K chapter 4 . 9/22/2004
Hey, hey! I think I already reviewed this story but I really love it and think you should totally pick it up again! If you don't want to perhaps you could email me at and I've a got a couple of propostions for ya! OK well again great story! Love all your work!
oneoflifeslollopers chapter 4 . 7/11/2004
gasps! nearly falls out of seat! i missed it! and there's no rory! how can there be no rory! for all of the fact thayt theres no possible litness i like it, im interested. the characters are good..but im having a feeling that stella wont appreciate a "let's fix stella" night.

are you still writing this, prolly not. :(
Christie chapter 4 . 6/6/2004
"twenty-one years I’ve known you.
smile1 chapter 4 . 4/13/2004
Hey!
I like how you portrayed Jess's relationship with his daughters, he seems to be handling them as best as he can. The dialogue is excellent and so are the original characters.
Bye, smile :-)
cellardoor chapter 4 . 4/12/2004
Hey there... ive been reading this since chapter one but im not sure that i left a review. Anyways i love this story so far, i love that of all people Dean's kid would turn out most like Jess, and his daughter has that rough side, but yet shes still a good kid because of her mom, and Lane's son, i love the name sid, and the little julia... shes so cute. Anyways i think you have something great going on here... and you write the characters well, i cant wait for more...
-L
Nicole chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
I love the character development in the story. I can't wait to see how the story progresses, and to see Stella know more about her parents' lives, and about Rory.
Hope to see an update soon! Good job!
MiLoV chapter 4 . 4/12/2004
well done! keep up the good work!
me chapter 4 . 4/12/2004
Jess should have died instead of Rory
punkcatwitissues chapter 4 . 4/11/2004
Jess' version of Rapunzel definately was the highlight of this story... reminds me of this "politically correct fairy tales" book I bought once as a joke... and have I mentioned that I love Sid? Cause I do!
Poodernite chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
Very interesting story. I like all the original characters you've created. Can't wait for more.
shininglight14 chapter 3 . 4/9/2004
although character death stories make me sad i really really like this... your writing is beautiful i am crying because of this... please keep developing this story...it is great
MiLoV chapter 3 . 4/9/2004
once again, another great chapter! keep it up!