Reviews for Beneath the Twilight
Zimrahin chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
This is really cute! I like the way you write Tuor, and the stuff about him aging added just the right note of sadness to the story. Nice job!
Giver of Song chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story of yours. I think you've got Tuor's, Idril's, and Turgon's pesonalities just right, and I love how you write little Earendil.
Gabelet chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
Absolutely wonderful story; I greatly enjoy stories about Tuor and his family. Earendil is adorable, as well.

My only thing is that I think you mixed up Earendil and Tuor's names near the end. :)
Lady M chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Very cool!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I was intrigued by the genre combination, wondering how it could be funny and sad at the same time. Well, it fits. This is adorable, and at the same time there's that thoughtful melancholy touch. Beautiful.
queenieb chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
What a lovely story - the balance between Tuor's sadness and his hopes for the future is beautifully maintained. There just aren't enough stories about Tuor. I'm glad you chose to write about him and his very special family.
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
This is beautiful; I love the way you mix the levity and the drama, muddy Earendil wanting a story and Tuor thinking about his own mortality...amazing.
He was clad in the colours of his house, in long, sweeping robes for the festival, and the crown was upon his head, shimmering in the soft light.
Even if it isn't *that* festival, it still makes your stomach drop when you realize that this can't last forever. And it's those little tiny things that make this story all the more lovely.
Itarille chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
This is a really lovely snapshot. I love the cute!Earendil.
erunyauve chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Lovely story - this is my favorite Tolkien pairing and you capture them perfectly. I can certainly see Earendil playing in the mud and feel the sadness of Tuor when he thinks on his fate (of course I believe that Eru made him an elf in the end).
Bejai chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Oh, very nice. There just isn't enough Tuor in the world, is there? He just gets swallowed up the the whole combustability of the Beren/Luthien thing, and sometimes it is easy to forget that there was another mortal man who loved a princess of the elves. Wonderful, wonderful story, and very good to see.
Sphinx chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
Lovely story.:) Being a Tuor fan myself - there are not many to be found - it was such a pleasure to read this. *huggles Earendil*. I especially liked Turgon's entrance and the atmosphere you built around him. Great work!