Reviews for A Hero to Me
Lennex chapter 3 . 11/30/2005
Just wanted to say great follow up to the power of love. i was pretty worried about kim for a bit there but good ol ron showed up when he needed too. I got the biggest smile during the last chapter when he uttered the words Lucy im home. cus i could just picture that entire scene so clearly. Im going to work on reading the rest of your stuff now, just wanted to say great work cant wait to read the rest
Jokerisdaking chapter 3 . 10/1/2005
God i love your stories :)
userx chapter 3 . 7/16/2005
hahaa. that was an awesome short story. great author's notes too. the 'love can empty, ruin...' was hilarious! but sad. i think you've captured the essense of kim and ron well.
Porphyria-Kris chapter 3 . 6/23/2005
Oi. Reading this story just reinforces all the many reasons why I've never attended a frat party (or any large-scale college party for that matter) and never will.

*shudder*

It's a good thing that Kim has Ronnie to look after her. Good, loyal gentlemen such as that are a priceless find. Her hesitation to admit her feelings in this story only underscores the fact that she does realize this and wants to hold on as best she can without complications. I'm glad you held out the uncertainty for both in this story rather than having them burst out in purple-prose confessions... because, really, who does that in real life? Admiting something when you have that much at stake is hard and I like how tenaciously you have KP and Ron holding on to their personal secrecy because it strikes me as real.

Anywho, I'll stop rambling... I just wanted to say that I greatly enjoyed your story. _
puppiescute a.k.a. Mic Mic chapter 2 . 5/5/2005
I should be studying for my AP US History Test but I saw this fic and I couldn't stop reading! This is such a wonderful fic. i absolutely loved that steamy scene. I just hope Kim didn't get too much alchohol. And I love how u didn't make her just pass out before it got a little steamy. If you did that would have stunk but this rules. Keep on writing.

See Ya!

_~

Mic Mic
Canadian Crow chapter 3 . 5/3/2005
Woefully, the durg you 'made up' does exist. I work club security from time to time, and I've seen it in action.

Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) is a CNS depressant. It can be made with over-the-counter chemicals, in your home. It's colorless, odorless, and has only a slight salt flavor. In a sweet drink, you'd never even taste it.

A clear liquid, it only takes less than a half bottlecap to put someone down. It affects in 2 to 4 minutes, lasting for up to 6 hours. After 12 hours, it is undetectible by drug tests.

It lowers inhibition, impares judgement, and cranks up the libido. The difference between a safe dose and a lethal dose is literally a drop.

In this story, Kim's behaviour was a textbook GHB case. Worst part is, this shit is EVERYWHERE. In North America, it's the date rapist's drug-of-choice.

Scary, no?

,Crow
Cold-Chaos chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
I love this short fic Grey, its just the right sise for the subject.
Intrepidwarriors chapter 3 . 2/15/2005
your ability to write without losing the characters "ron-ness and kim-ness" is freaking amazing. and i hope you find, not the woman of your dreams, but the one that will chase away any nightmares! in other words, the right woman for you.
Eternal Sidekick chapter 3 . 1/13/2005
An incurable hopeless romantic, I just love a good K/R fic. And this was a terrific one at that. I particularly enjoyed the exquisite description of the Super Puppy Pout and it's inevitable effect on Ron. Thanks for giving the drama and the humor that the fans demand, and the romance that a few of us crave. Keep up the outstanding work!
continental-line chapter 3 . 12/29/2004
Love can be grand, if you are lucky enough to find the right woman. I've been married for 26 years and counting. Love does not mean you are blind to their faults. But that you accept that person into your life. All of that person. The biggest mistake made is to think that you can change the other 'given time.' You have to accept them for who they are and respect that difference. Care for their feelings as you would your own. Once you are let in past the guards against the world that everyone has. You will find that a wrong word can cut deeper than the sharpest knife. Love is stronger than Krupp steel and as fragil as Waterford crystal.

-Bill Ponder
Maxie Goofmore chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
I don't think I ever told you how AWESOME I think your writin' is... "The Power of Love" was AMAZING... I also like how you have that sort of romantic irony at the end... because you're right that you feel love... I also like how you're not rusin' them into a relationship like many people tend to do in there fanfics... I also like how you keep true to the characters... I love "A Hero To Me" and can't wait to read others...
J.J. O'Robert chapter 3 . 9/22/2004
Awesome!
bunny angel chapter 3 . 9/6/2004
yay! there's going to be a sequel. hee. actually the date rape drug described in here could exist. just mix ecstasy with a sedative [as i'm sure there's already a mix out there] and wallah! heh. and it's nice to know kimmy's not infallible. go super cool ron!
Jess chapter 3 . 8/20/2004
Love the fic, read 'Power of Love' from 1 to 14 and then 'Hero to Me' 1 - 3 all in the same day. LOVED IT BEYOND BELIEF. Am a big Ron/Kim fan and if you decide on another short saga like 'Hero to Me' then have it where Kim starts to recall more clearly just what exactly happened on this night of nights. It be cool to see her act at first humilated and but then come to terms that she really does care for Ron as more than a friend.
Go10 chapter 3 . 6/18/2004
Ahh it's killing me. I want Kim and Ron to declare their love for one another already! But I do wholeheartedly understand that these kinda things have to be taken slow. I can't wait to read the next story... The KP section of is a little slim in the mature department, but that's to be expected considering the majority of the fans are little kids.
100 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »