Reviews for A Hero to Me
dustinbanks chapter 3 . 4/24/2004
great exelent
KP4me chapter 3 . 4/22/2004
Hey,no offense buddy but don't you outta update?
(Kim Possible's Guardian Angel)
J.T chapter 3 . 4/12/2004
Hey,
great story. I agree a lot. About love and "in" love ... Well, much of that is true. I want to say that I respect your views. Love is not always even something to be "felt", all the time. 'Cause I guarentee the heart won't always pound, the butterflies won't always flutter, and attraction isn't constant either. Love is so much more amazing without the feelings, 'cause it's day to day. It's about being there for eachother, no matter what you do or don't feel. They call it "in" love because it's a place of being, of living. For example, Ron may be a goof-ball and Kim may be a prude prep but they are still there for one another, day in, day out. That kind of relationship is a fulfilling, comfortable place to be. Looking beside you, to find someone there. We women don't always need a kight in shining armor, I'd much rather have a partner, to stick it out in the trenches with me. A tag team to lay the SMACKDOWN, on whatever life throws our way. It takes maturity to get to that point, tha't why I respect you realize that and aren't "egar" to make them face up to it. I know I have the capacity to love that way, I've learned that in my eighteen years. But nonetheless, I'm still 18 not 30. Mature is realizing this fact and coping. It's having the kind of "foresight" to know I'm a part of that kind of relationship, I recognize and appreciate it for what it's worth, at face value. It's having the wisdom to see it, yet be able to wait it out. About soulmates, their lives will be connected, always. So, what's the rush? If that kind of love does exist, time is limitless. 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, 100 years, Might as well be one circular span. Because he'll always be a part of me.
Omegon chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
Well, its that time again. Time for me to reveiw and for you to read it, and if you dont understand that, you should turn the computer off now and throw it away...Seriously though I really liked this story, and its prequel. (The name escapes me right now sorry) I like the over all growth the characters have gone through in both of your stories. Kim is less self-centralized (is that a word? eh. well it is now!) and I actually LIKE ron now. In the show hes a typical love-struck dufus. (sorry all your ron fans) In your story he's actually a pretty likable character. But I digress. All and all I like this story, and to your question I believe my answer is no. I dont believe I personally have ever been TRUELY in love. Who knows. Maybe one day I'll find it eh? Until then get those ohter KP stories out ASAP soldier! DISMISSED!
Ace Lannigan chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
Oops. Guess I should have read the entire AN at the end. This is part of a larger storyline...duh on my part. Amend my signed review to read more like this.
'This story rocks. i like the unceratinity of where they will go from here. There is nothing that leaves a hurt in your heart like not knowing what would happen if you took a chance at love'.
And not 'love' love but just that feeling that maybe you could share something special with someone. I know that I can speak from experience on this. I have a missed opportunity that continues to haunt me 15 years later. I always wonder what would have happened, but the past is past. and to dredge it up now probably wouldn't work either. or it could and I'm a fool for not trying. anyway I submit it as 'anon' because I can't leave 2 signed reviews for one chapter.
Ace
Ace Lannigan chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
Eh. it was well y'know. eh. kinda not too bad an ending. Reminds me of some of my endings when i get lazy or lose interest. but hey you wrote it so as long as you like it thats all that matters. Anyways keep at this writing thing, you are VERY good at it.
Ithlien chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
First of, you are a good writer. I find it diffuclt to write cartoon fictions because the plots can be so out there but you manage to keep it as realistic as a fanfiction can be.
True there are many "KR 4Eva" that simply are unable to face the reality and confusion of growing up. But the great thing about fanfiction is, is that you can write something that you yourself do not even beleive. I'll be the first to admit that most of my fanfictions have a happy ending, but in realitly I'm proabably the most bitter and cynical 18 year old. I'm not quite sure what my point is, or why I'm responding to your authors note rahter than the fanfiction. I'm an oddity I suppose.
Anways, good to know there's other people over the age of 14 watching the show. Keep writing.
TheRONfactor chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
Wow.
There's nothing better at putting things in perspective that realising how truly stupid you are. There are also few things more impressive than have your entire perspective shifted by a single piece of writing.
My own musings on romance aside (which have more or less been made rendundant by your conclusion anyhow), I hereby repent my previous postings which may have edged towards encouraging you to get Kim and Ron together. While it will of course take a few years hard labour to actually excuse myself, I should like to point out that I, like I suspect most of the reviewers here, only begged at your benevolent feet for a Kim'n'Ron romantic ending because we were all desperate to see how a writer of your skills would handle it. However, you've done the one thing that for me, earns a writer serious kudos: you've respected your audience enough to forget them, and do what you feel is best.
I've read fanfics where Kim and Ron get together, and amazingly enough, these two friends suddenly looking into each other's eyes and realising they love each other, and then living happily ever after, never really does it for me. I never believe it, so I never enjoy it. Whereas with your work, I can imagine every moment, listen in on every thought and sympathise with every action. And hell, nobody can say you don't give us what we want. You gave Will Doofus a serious comeuppance, and who can ask for more than that?
In any case, this is all rather moot, due to the fact that you're probably best off not reading your reviews (they may just put you off) and therefore won't see this. Also, we are all hysterically thankful to hear of the coming of the Powers Trilogy. There's really only one way to respond to that.
Boo-yah!
Yamal chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
Bravo! I don't think there is anything else to say. About the love thing, I must say that I'm not sure if I have been truly in love, but I'm sure I've loved, and man, up to date, it's one of the best things that has happened to me, as long as the run is good, hehe, because my stories have had different endings (some of them truly horrible ones, others not that bad at all). I've liked the dream scene, and the conversation Kim and Ron had afterwards. Life is complicated, and let's not mention love! On the other hand, I'm glad Bret got what you deserved. I think you don't get the characters out of character too much. you are just making evolve the way you want, and it's perfectly fine with me (as long as you save Ron's "Ron-ness, that is, hehe). Once again, thanks a lot for your effort and keep up the amazing work. I'm looking forward to read your next works, so I'll be patient until you decide it's the time to write them. "The Power trilogy"? That sounds good. _ You rock, man! Your friend and fan:
Yamal
Yamal chapter 2 . 4/11/2004
Awesome chapter. I'm glad Ron kicked Bret ass like he did. People like that deserve it and more. Let's see how they handle this situation. Fantastic writing style. Heading for chapter three. Thanks a lot and keep up the great work. _
pattysmells chapter 3 . 4/11/2004
Great story, loved it. Short sweet and to the point, and all that jazz. Oddly to me, i enjoyed reading your thoughts after the story immensly. You seem like a very intellegent person, and not the kind of intellegence that comes with classes, and knowing dates, and what-not, but a knowledge that cant be taught. you have a knowledge that escapes the boundaries of many people. your thoughts have insight, and depth. Don't be fooled by your modesty, dont let it decieve you. though modesty is an admirable trait, dont let it fool you. i know too many people that come up short, because they let modesty turn to self-hatred. not implying that that would happen to you, or that i thought it could, just making sure you know your talents. i wish i had a guy friend who was as caring as you seem, that would watch out for me like you seem to think is important. as nerdy and naive as i may sound, i have vowed never to touch any type of drug related item. All i can say is that i cant express the hate i have for those items, they have turned my life upside down, and im not even the one doing them! my brother and sister do, and it makes me cry sometimes, not the drug part, but what it has done to there minds, and selves. I cant trust them anymore, more brother told me he didnt care about anyone in my house one night. whether it was the drugs or not, it hurt. he tried to commit suicide, but he failed, and since than, he has been much better. though he never has apologized for what he has said and done, i feel it. and maybe what i feel is jack *, but i hope i am right. my sister cuts herself, she sees a psychiatrist now, but she has told me she does drugs. i knew before anyone knew that she did it. i didnt tell though, i was angry with her, im not sure if she knows, but i still hate her. im afraid that if i keep hating her than she'll one day cut too deep, and ill still hate her, and wish i didnt. it hurt so bad when my dad told me she cut herself, i had to pretend that i didnt already know, i cried forced tears. my parents love us all so much, my brother sister and i. my dad has depression, but as never done anything like my brother or sister. he is a good father, along with my mother. they feel they are bad parents, that's why i have devoted the rest of my life at home to being the most perfect child i can be. because i want them to know that they did a good job. but just recently another wrench has been thrown into the works, i found out that my dad may have cancer. i am preparing for the worst, im trying to make myself ready for if it strikes. no matter what happens, whether every one i love is taken from me, or if every one improves and gets better, the way they used to be, im going to be the best i can be at what i want to be, and that's me! i know this message has been long, and unecessarily informing, and im sorry. i havent told anyone about any of these things, and i just needed to tell someone! and you through your thoughts and what not after the story, led me to believe you were a trusy worthy person. though im surprised if you've read this far, no hard feelings if you quit after the second sentence, its a butt load of reading. there was just one message i wanted to convey to you, no matter what happens to you, dont let it get you down! you have so much going for you intellegence wise. my brother and sister, are very smart, but because of their selfish needs of drugs and whatnot, there nothing! for some reason i could picture you having very hard times, because intellegence sometimes comes with pain, and experience. i just didnt want to see a talent like you wasted! my name is kelli if you must know, and i am only 16, a ripe naive age. i realize my opinions and thoughts are far from insightful, and most likely i will laugh at them years from now, wishing i had only known what i will know tomorrow, but i speak them anyway, because if you never speak, than you will never be heard. Put your talent to use. as thoreau once said 'However mean your life is, meet it and live it: do not shun it and call it hard names. Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Things do not change, we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.' you can tell me anything at anytime. as the saying goes misery loves company, or whatever. so just email me if you ever need to get something off your chest, at . i know its not much, but sometimes it helps to tell someone, just to know that they know as well. if you never email me, think nothing of it, if you've even read this far im happy. good night.
Cynthia Krenshaw chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
I'm twenty seven and married. I do believe I've been in love. Love isn't nessisarily something you do. It's a whole range of emotions. You feel it, and when you do, it's undeniable. I admire you for not hooking Ron and Kim up so soon, and agree with alot of the points that you made. But, dear sir/ma'am, love does exsist. If no place else, in our minds, hearts, and souls. We do it to ourselves because we want to. Your emotions soar, your heart feels like it's gonna fly, and when/if it ends, it's the harshest break in the world. But without going through these feelings, would life be worth living. Sure, you'd never feel pain, but you'd never feel the intense joy either. I've only had three real loves in my life. One is my husband, and two are my best friends. Ironically, one of them is my best friend from grade school, AKA Kim/Ron. And I've had all three rip my guts out and leave them laying on the wall. In conclusion, with your question about the Date Rape drug, if you mix any of them with extasy, you get that reaction. Had a friend that had it happen to her. Anyways, I love your writing! Please, continue, but don't give up on love just yet. It tends to sneak up and bite you when you least expect it. :) Kinda like the neighbor's shnauzer! :) LOL
chicken chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
First of all, fantastic story.
Second, I agree with what you said about Kim-she can be a mean little thing from time to time.
Third, you must be my soulmate because I have never encountered another individiual who has my point of view on love (reference: your author's notes regarding love). At least I know I'm not alone in my perspective anymore.
John Steppenwolf chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
Good story, I guess. Would've loved to have seen Kim's reaction when she found what she did that night or wanted to do. How did little Kim know that it was the older version of herself? You didn't exactly say.
Keep up the good work.
:P
KP4me chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
aww,feel bad for ya Cyberwraith9,
anyway,great story,it's doing the way,Kim and Ron have been friends since pre-k(which you know),if that turned into love,there's no stopping it unless they just wanted to be friends again.
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »