Reviews for A Hero to Me
KP4me chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
aww,feel bad for ya Cyberwraith9,
anyway,great story,it's doing the way,Kim and Ron have been friends since pre-k(which you know),if that turned into love,there's no stopping it unless they just wanted to be friends again.
MrMagnum chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
BooYeah! Love what you've done here. Neatly avoided the Pit of WAFFiness, and traveled the Way of Growth. Best of all, there's more on the way.
Classic Cowboy chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
very very nice story my friend, and I'm highly looking forward to the next story in the series.
You really have captured a believable situation here, and I'm impressed.
hope it won't be too long for the next story. keep up the excellent work!
JapaneseJewel chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
YAY!
First, though, your right when u say
"I've discovered Kim can be a pretty bad friend"
That's true, the episode "Crush" says it all, and Kim really is truely a little Bitch, when it comes to friendship at some points.
{now}
YAY!
I'm so happy! And I thought "The Power of Love" was the greatest! Now there's MORE!
More, the word that truly ROCKS!
*Jewelie*
Jobber chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
Man...I'm so glad that one of the KP fans turned out to be such a great writer. I'm also glad that you happened to support K/R.
If you would've stopped right here and declared this your last story, I would've been VERY satisfied because of you work that you've turned out...but you're gonna write more! What more can a KP fan ask for?
They should keep your stories on the front page at all times...
Lonestarr chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
This last chapter made my heart smile. The conversation between KP and Kimmie was sweet and well-done and the aftermath of 'that night' was excellent. Just a suggestion: never stop writing. You deserve (and will hopefully receive) many accolades for what you do.
Also, you make some great points about love. Love does screw you up, but if you can find someone you truly love (like I haven't), then maybe it's worth it. I like watching the show, and you are dead-on about KP. I can understand how and why she has these traits, and here's hoping she grows out of them eventually.
Long story short, you rock and rule, all night long!
lionheartcartoon chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
Friends till the end :) I saw many great pictures in this story. And when I do see pictures, it means that I have been touched. Your story rocks and don'T let anyone say otherwise :)
-Lion
Mr. Elliot chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
What a most excellent ending to a most excellent story.
Your metaphors and similies are hilariously witty, and the emotions are perfect.
Congratulations on another marvelous story.
Your next story is something I await eagerly.
Sonate chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
Yea, love is annoying. Except, you know, if you love your children or whatever. Those usually don't end in heartbreak. And I love my best friend (in a friend way. lol. We're both girls). But as in being in love with a guy, I haven't yet. I haven't found that guy, and I don't think I'm ready to, in a way. I'm only 18. I figured this all out when I had my first (and last, so far) boyfriend about a year ago. I'm way too independent (so being tied to someone makes me feel weird) and too determined to succeed that I just don't want to get tied up in a relationship right now. And I agree with the partying thing. Although I'm not going to really party (I hate parties like that, believe it or not), which is probably why I've already made sure I'm busy when I get to college by joining the band and ROTC. This way I have an excuse to stay away from parties. lol. Though, I have to be careful with those too. Anyway, away from that topic. Just commenting on what you wrote. I do love how you portray them, though. Now that you've said it, it really does make sense and it's great to see that someone can grasp that concept.
AinoMinako chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
The Perfect ending to a perfect story.
Keep up the good work.
Bret doesn't deserve what Kim is going to do to him.
He deserves more.
Please start writing soon!
The whole "Love Outlook Author's Note" was pretty spectacular.
It's VERY rare to find a guy who is sensitive.
If you were seven years younger, I may have ended up begging you to marry me. (Kidding! I am not THAT lame).
Geor-sama chapter 3 . 4/10/2004
First off, great chapter. I enjoyed this mini-sequal, it was a great read. I really enjoyed Kims' little dream world, it was an enlightenment.
I shall be looking forward to the best, cause it's yet to come. :)
Frederick Aloysius chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
First, allow me to apologize for not reviewing "The Power of Love". You might be sick of hearing that, but I feel its necessary to do so given that I did not give in return what you gave us.
For me, there is no greater test of an author than to invoke an emotional response in your reader from the written word, and you have succeeded in both your previous work and in this one. Not many people can read these two chapters and not feel the knot form in the pit of their stomach at the trouble Kim is in or the pang in their heart as Ron is once again heartbroken or the smile that forms from the light bantering ways of Monique. To read your story is not to simply know what the characters are feeling, but you are invited to share in their experience as well, to feel what they feel.
Your personal incarnation of Ron is, without a doubt, one of my personal heroes. To have such strength of character, to love someone as much as he does, takes a unique individual, one that you have created and nurtured and stayed true to. He may have honed his body to its full potential, but it is his soul that is truly his strongest part. How many of us could resist the temptation that Ron was given? To be handed that which your heart longs for every moment, to have the woman you love finally return it, to have your every dream and fantasy given to you in one almost perfect moment, and to deny it because you wouldn't, you couldn't hurt the one you love... Yet a good writer can show this to his audience, to create the perfect ethical hero. Where you show your true greatness is in the fact that in the midst of his moral dilemma, Ron shows his flaws, the chinks in his armor, indeed his humanity when he finds himself returning the kiss. Just for a moment, he finds himself succumbing to his weak part, only to remember that he is Ron Stoppable, Kim's friend, and once again resist.
Kim, however, should not be seen as being traitorous to Ron's sacrifice in this story. Some may say that she knew without a doubt that she was in love with Ron and that they were meant to be together at the end of "The Power of Love". Here, again, you show the depth that you convey to each character and your realization that Kim is only an eighteen-year-old freshman, still trying to figure out her way in life. At the end of "The Power of Love", Kim was on an emotional roller coaster, fearing that she had lost the closest person in her life to her near fatal encounter with a nuclear weapon to the embrace of Ron's unimaginably deep love for her. Now that a month has gone by, the practical, more rational Kim is reasserting itself. Love, while perhaps the single greatest thing in the world, does not come cheep and Kim is realizing this. So, she has become conflicted over her feelings towards the people in her life. She knows that she has feelings for Ron, but she is still prone to crushes on others. She knows that Ron has feelings for her, but how deep do those feelings run? I think we, as the reader, may forget that we are privy to intellectual and emotional insight, given out distance from the events that occur in this story that Kim is simply unable to see. While we are convinced of his love for her, how can she know how committed he is to her. Part of her doesn't want to risk what she has with Ron, perhaps because she considers it too important to jeopardize and perhaps because part of her is afraid of the vulnerability that comes with that kind of love. She is a very headstrong and independent person, and giving up control is not something easily done. But part of her wants to know what else is out there for the two of them, to find out if two people who are so close can create an even deeper relationship. So, the two sides of her wage an internal battle with each other. Part of her wants Bret to notice her, while the other wants to spend time with Ron. Part of her wants to dance with her crush, but another part wants to know what its like to flirt with Ron for real. And although my heart breaks for Ron, I cannot help but be sympathetic to the emotional sitch Kim finds herself in.
A few final notes here before signing off this time, your technical writing skills are as good as your storytelling ability. The flow of the story, the pace, and your overall style are skilled and polished. Just one thing, I am curious as to know what it was that Bret slipped her. I know you haven't done an A/N section so far, but it'd be nice to know. Feel free to drop me a line if you're so inclined to discuss this story, or anything about KP in general. I'd love to hear what you think.
Frederick Aloysius
Nozdormi chapter 2 . 4/8/2004
This is AWESOME stuff you write. I can't wait for the next chapter. You really put all the details into my mind, you wouldn't happen to be a professional writer, would you? 'Cause if you aren't, YA DAMN WELL SHOULD BE!
Cynthia Krenshaw chapter 2 . 4/8/2004
Ron to the rescue! :) Great chapter, I'm stuck in limbo here! PLEASE! Please update soon! :)
MrMagnum chapter 2 . 4/8/2004
Now that's what I was hoping for. The adult Ron from last time, helping Kim. And no immediate declaration of undying love and general fluffiness. Maybe things will work out, but even Kim knows that it would change everything between them, win or loose. And what they've got is pretty damn good.
After all this, they're both going to be so embarassed that it'll be months before they can talk about their relationship, and they desperatly need to.
Poor Ron, it's tough to have standards and live up to them.
Poor Kim, I wonder how she'll take being the victim this time. Even though Ron intervened at the last minute, it'll still be traumatic and could come back to haunt her later.
Poor Brett, Ron kicked his ass, but Dr. Mr. Possible has access to exotic explosives and a motive.
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »