Reviews for Twilight Bastille
huangjj chapter 1 . 2/21
I can't believe it's been 10 years since you wrote this! It's so engrossing. The first chapter sets up the characters so that they are intriguing and complicated and filled with heavily silence. The atmosphere, with the heat and dust, can almost be felt as I'm reading.
Mestra chapter 14 . 6/2/2014
I enjoyed this story very much. I thought the setting (Japanese internment camp, 1940s) was unique and very intriguing, and I liked your characterizations of Rei, Jacen, and Rei's grandfather. I also enjoyed that you gave Jacen a good backstory, since I think Senshi/Shitennou stories tend to be rather predictable and repetitive in their characterizations of the Shitennou especially. For some reason, having family trouble is common, but having sibling difficulties is rare. You carried out their relationship in a realistic and engaging way, and I liked how Rei's grandfather factored into it, as well as how he factored into Rei's growth as an individual. Also, you deftly captured the sexual tension, which I enjoyed the best. It's hard to capture the nature of desire.
Sarcastic Strawberry chapter 14 . 8/24/2013
:O this was my favorite story of yours yet. It was simply AMAZING. I wasn't sure if I was gonna like it, either. I stayed up until 3:00am to finish it. I cried A LOT when Rei's grandpa died.

I've forgotten to post this in my other reviews, but I LOVE the way you write Jadeite. I think you hit the nail on the head.

I hope you'll continue to write Rei/Jadeite stories- they really are phenomenal.

-Strawberry
Lady Mischief chapter 14 . 4/7/2013
I really enjoyed this story. The plot was not rushed and it made your story a pleasure to read. So many times an author rushes things, and while a reader wants to know what happens as soon as possible, it is much more rewarding when an author makes the reader work for it.
dinah chapter 14 . 7/6/2011
i have been following rei jedite fandom for quite some time and failed to find anything interesting to read till i came across this amazing piece of work. the first chapter totally captivates me and each chapter heightens the desire to finish it up. bravo! two thumbs up! )
rainbabie chapter 14 . 3/23/2011
This story was beautiful. Heartbreaking with so many hardships but with a happy ending. Thanks so much for sharing!
sunniedelight chapter 14 . 4/22/2010
I loved the ending. I mean, I rather specific's, but it's cool how you left the ending to the reader. Mine of course is that he show's up within a few days/weeks D I already miss your story. I hope one day you decide to make another Rei/Jed. A long one like this!
sunniedelight chapter 13 . 4/22/2010
This chapter just made me happy. I don't know why, but, ah your writing's just too great, lol. I see it like I'm reading a book... I mean... its 5:35 am! And I can't put it down. Sigh why must the next chapter be the end...Oh well... On to the next chapter now, which I know won't disappoint.
sunniedelight chapter 12 . 4/22/2010
How sad that after her grandfather's passing, is when she get's the house back... Sigh. /
sunniedelight chapter 11 . 4/22/2010
Oh wow. You captured everything, too good. Wait, it was phenomenal. I was still crying, I felt her pain, and then, her and Jacen(Jed). It was all so powerful. Ahh I love your portrayal of it all!
sunniedelight chapter 10 . 4/22/2010
Oh my, you have me in tears. For some reason, the thought of her grandpa passing, always bothered me. I guess since you in a way connect with a character. Since a child when I first fell in love with the show, that was the greatest fear I had for Rei. [
sunniedelight chapter 9 . 4/22/2010
Oh my! He's awake! This chapter was just too great. I can't even say how much I love your writing. The description's, the flow of it all.
sunniedelight chapter 7 . 4/22/2010
e _; it finally came out... WHY DOES HE CARE! mwuahaha, lol, excuse me...ahem.. great chapter ]
sunniedelight chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
So I discovered your story today. Ahh, I'm in love with it. This was my favorite chapter so far. ]
Hikari Urania chapter 14 . 6/16/2009
That is such an awesome story! I loved it!