Reviews for Stone
Slywolf9 chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
Gah!

I LOVED it! AND it was believeable! I never thought about that...It's brilliant though. Honest. I loe it to death. I mean, I just finished His Dark MAterials and ya. I loved it. I can't believe it ended that way. It had me crying...Gah! Ja Ne!-Slywolf9
RCF chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
awesome
noxfiction chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Wow, that was a really good fic! *sniffs* You got Lyra's personality perfectly!
fruitz-kandi not logged in chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
i think ur doing a fab job on this fic and i can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter. keep up the nice work
Julie940 chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
Wow! I thought your idea was really awesome, and your writing style is wonderful. I think you did a great job.
There were parts of the story that I felt didn't comply with Lyra's character- for instance, when she worried about Will finding someone prettier or smarter than her.
All in all though, this was a really good story.
xTamx chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
That was great! You should definitely keep going with some more HDM fics, unless of course you keep going with this one. I dont know if you have anything else planned for this fic but if so then great! hehe. It was well written I thought with only a tensy bad thing that I picked up on. The fic would probably have been better if you had set the scene more. But even without that it was still great! Keep it up, i'll be happy to read any others that you write.
xTamx
Hysterik chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
VERY well written, and very sweet as well. It's so sad how Will and Lyra can't be together, but we all learn to live with it... _ Great story!
TheNightIsFading chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Oh my God! That was so good! You have to write another chapter! I loved this story. It's not easy to convey how in love Will and Lyra were, but you did it. And you say this is your first HDM fic? It's so much better than my first!
Yasu Min chapter 1 . 4/6/2004
Oh! That was great -! I loveded it!
One Hip Frood chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
That was short but good. I never realized before that the writing might show up in both worlds the same way Lyra saw Simon Parslow's initials carved in that rock in Will's world. It was a great observation and new idea.
Lady Rebecca nsi chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
I absolutely LOVE the concept of the messages in stone going between the worlds. It's like when Lyra found the initials SP in the brick in Will's world that Simon Parslow carved... It never once occured to me that Will and Lyra could have done that. VERY original. The last few paragraphs that describe that are excellent.
There are also a few other great lines. I especially enjoyed "It was just another day, she told herself anxiously, knowing fully well that her talent for lying did not extend to fooling herself." It so true for Lyra. It reminds me of the episode in the World of the Dead where she finds that she can't lie any more.
I wouldn't be a good reviewer if I didn't point out some things that I didn't exactly love, as well. The fic seems to come in very suddenly, with little description of the setting. Obviously Midsummer's Day in the Botanic Gardens, but what kind of weather was there? What kind of flowers were there? Just little things that would make the fic easier to visualize.
Also, it seemed awkward how she went off on the stranger, and for Lyra to worry about how "pretty and smart" she was. Those elements of the story felt a little forced.
All around, an absolutely TERRIFIC story-line, that I would say just needed a little polishing. But hey, what do I know? I just hope I helped by describing things I liked and things I didn't like. It always irks me when people dash off one line reviews. It doesn't help me know what I did right and wrong. If you think I'm a snot for writing such a long review, just let me know and I'll shut up.
*Lady Rebecca*
Spasmodic dust bunny chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Sweet. I don't think I've ever seen a fic with someone on the bench already - great idea.
Artificial Happiness chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Hiya!
I liked this story a lot. You are very talented and I hope you make more stories.
Dawg
Eco Warrior chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
i like it but i don't get how the writing on the bench is moving across the worlds, apart from that i like the way the story flows and the relationship between Lyra and going in this section of Fanfiction.