Reviews for A Mud Summer Night's Dream
ElvislivesAgain chapter 8 . 5/1/2006
Oh I liked this story very mugh, it was very well written. I'm not usually the type of reader that likes the Boromir, comes back to life stories, but this was an exception. I adored every minute and I hope to see more stories of the like from you in the near future. ANd I also have to tell you I love the name of the story it's hilarious once you've read it.
Lyn chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
A John Wayne western had a mud slide in it. They had

to import special gray mud which had lots of clay

in it because the regular mud wasn't slippery enough.

I've always thought mud with grass and water made for

a very slippery combination. Thank you for a very

humorous time! My only comment? Wish Legolas could have

stopped by!
Goddess of Idun chapter 8 . 1/16/2006
Nice story. Some places made me almost cry with laughter:

"At least we haven't encountered any ghosts," he offered. "In north Ithilien, it was always said among the Rangers that the South portion of the land was haunted."

"Haunted?" scoffed Eomer as he sat heavily down on his blanket and reached down to pull off his right boot. "What pathetic spirit would choose to roam this horrid place?"

"Hello," said Boromir.

Aragorn gasped, astonished. "The Army of the Dead!" he repeated in a hoarse murmur.

One of the formerly cursed warriors bowed to Aragorn. "We have come to serve you once again, Heir of Isildur."

The King of Gondor blinked as he looked over the soldiers, then licked his lips, his brows knitting a bit. "Um, Boromir?"

Boromir looked over at him. "Hm?"

"There's only four of them."

"No, no," said Aragorn quickly, holding up one hand as he scanned the area. "Boromir was here, as a spirit..."

Legolas sighed. "It was the pipeweed Pippin gave you, wasn't it?" he asked quietly.

Aragorn gave him an exasperated glance. "No," he replied sharply.

The Elf responded with a shake of his head. "He warned you about it, you know..."

"My apologies for that," said Boromir, appearing suddenly not three feet from where Legolas was standing.

"AI!" cried the Elf, stumbling (gracefully) back, his blue eyes enormous.

Well done!
Deandra chapter 2 . 10/6/2005
Aw, poor Ch. 2 didn't get any reviews! So I decided to review here and not have it feel left out.

Just stumbled on your story via somebody's (maybe smor) Favorites list, and since there isn't much new showing up that I'd bother with I was looking to see what others recommended. Normally I wouldn't probably have read this other than it being recommended and me being desperate for a good read, so I gave it a shot. And I'm very glad that I did.

First of all, it is extremely well written, for which I am eternally grateful! (That is REALLY rare!) The humor grew naturally from the circumstances and didn't feel like the guys were trying to be the Three Stooges or something. And the plotline was so believable, that ghostly Boromir and clean Elves and such rang true. I felt the characterizations of all the guys were dead on.

I especially liked this little exploration of "life after war". It is hard for me to imagine that these three consummate warriors just happily settled down into bureaucratic drudgery without so much as a whimper. I would just have to think they would all jump at the chance for a little "gettin' dirty" adventure!

Anyway, I suppose it's rather obvious that I really liked this story, and intend to check out your other LOTR stuff first chance I get - maybe over the weekend.

- Deandra
TangerineBreeze chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
Very interesting story... seas of mud! Whee!

You scared me. It might as well have been Boromir's ghost in front of me when I read his name. I almost screamed. Keep writing!
Iamleavingthisaccount chapter 8 . 12/28/2004
That was a very wonderful story! Nice plot too!
ForeverFaramir chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
This is going to be so funny!

Cant wait to read the rest of it
Bubonic Woodchuck chapter 8 . 11/20/2004
BORO-KUN!

*dies of happiness*

You've just made my day. I honestly wasn't expecting Boromir, seeing as it's a post-Ring-War fic, but. . .*fangirlish squee*

Absolutely wonderful fic. I
LadyDeb1970 chapter 6 . 10/3/2004
Boromir gave them a look of slight irritation as he turned and hastened back to Faramir. "You could have at least let me kill him," he mumbled to Aragorn as the King of Gondor drew near. "You should have heard the vile things they were going to do to my brother."

(snickers) Truly a Boromir thing to say. Love that line.
LadyDeb1970 chapter 3 . 10/3/2004
Faramir was staring at him sideways, a slight trace of fear in his eyes. "And...what is the message?"

The specter took a deep breath and looked straight into Faramir's eyes. "He wanted me to tell you," he said, "that he's very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very..."

"Gods," muttered Eomer, impressed.

"... very, very, very, very, VERY sorry he was such a horse's ass to you."

(giggle, snort) Goddess, I LOVE that section! I can just see all of their expressions. . .Boromir kind of rolling his eyes in exasperation at his father, Faramir in shock, Eomer with his eyebrows raised at all the 'veries.'
Gypsie Rose chapter 8 . 6/21/2004
All good things must come to an end, but it was a fun ride! And what a lovely scene to end it with. *happy sigh* Pure, lovely, sweet fluff. This story was loads of fun! I'm sorry it took me so long to read it, but it was a real treat to have waiting for me.

-Rose/Cressida
Gypsie Rose chapter 7 . 6/21/2004
Aw...*sniffle* What a perfectly lovely chapter! That's the great thing about this story: not only does it provide much fanservice and shirtlessness, but it rights some of the worst leftover heartaches of LOTR. I confess I read this one over a couple of times just for the warm fuzzies. And the humor-it comes in at just the right moments!

-"Rose" (Cress)
Cosmos of the sun chapter 8 . 6/21/2004
That was great! I loved how you had Boromir randomly poping up and scaring people. Also I like the whole mud business and the pissed off Eomer. Well keep writing and I am off to read some of your other stories!
Gypsie Rose chapter 6 . 6/13/2004
*laughs* Oh, this is great! Hyper Legolas was quite fun. I also loved the fact that Faramir gets to kick butt even when ill. And I laughed out loud at this bit: "Being already dead, Boromir held a distinct advantage." So true! I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.

-Rose (Cressida)
IceAngel7 chapter 7 . 6/4/2004
arg this had me from laughing to crying the space of a few lines. Truly beautiful :)
62 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »