Reviews for A Mud Summer Night's Dream
grumpy chapter 6 . 4/19/2004
so glad you fixed the chapters, i was wondering where all the elves came from. Now I am off to read what happens next in your great story, one of my favorites
Mercury Gray chapter 6 . 4/19/2004
OH loverly! this is seriously written AND funny! an unlikly pair. nice work, and i hope i see more soon. keep it up!
Eile of Rossdhu chapter 6 . 4/18/2004
Umm, umm, Legolas?, elves?, dead soliders?... I know I can be inattentive at times but, umm, I'm sure I'd have remembered Legolas's reaction to Boromir's presense, or at the very least how he was dealing with all the mud :) I'm a little lost... who did shoot JR? Was this all just a dream?
That aside, GREAT fic! I love the dialogue/interaction between characters. Not many fics make me actually laugh out loud. Yours has many times! I look forward to reading what I suspect is a missing chapter :)
TheAngleofMusic chapter 5 . 4/16/2004
Wow - your story is excellent. I especially love the Ladies Acadenemy story - it was hallarious! Anyways please update soon! Its great!
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 5 . 4/16/2004
I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway.
I LOVE THIS STORY!
grumpy chapter 5 . 4/14/2004
great chapter. Aragorn and Eomer missing their wives, and the story of Boramir's and Faramir's adventure into the Ladies Academy was great. love this story and looking forward to more
kheila chapter 5 . 4/12/2004
What a fantastic story! Even though Boromir is only a ghost. Update soon please, cant wait to read it!
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 4/10/2004
I've been enjoying the Shirtless Men of Gondor (and Rohan)and the return of dead but happy Boromir. Poor Faramir - can anyone write about him without inflicting pain and suffering on the guy?
Berzerkerprime chapter 3 . 4/7/2004
In your fic, Faramir says "For the love of Gondor, can you say nothing more than that? How came you to leave the halls of Mandos?"
There's just one problem with that... Boromir never went there in the first place. Mortal Men don't go to the Halls of Mandos, which are in Valinor. They are freed from the circles of the world and their spirits free to wander in places unknown. That's Illuvatar's gift to mortal Men and it's the reason Arwen's parting from Elrond is so significant (she's never going to see him again, not even in the afterlife). The Halls of Mandos, for all that they are a part of Valinor, are still a part of the world. Mortal Men don't get to stick around there.
Dwarves still go there when they die because Illuvatar didn't grant them that (because they're not his Children; they were created by Aulë instead, so they get no such gift). Elves go there becasue Illuvatar is granting them the gift of staying in the world they so love, even after death. What happens to Hobbits, Ents, and Eagles Tolkien never mentions.
In any case, Faramir, being learned, would probably know of this lore.
Just a thingy to ponder. The rest of the fic is great! I love the highly random popping out of the woodwork of Boromir. Very amusing. _
Berz.
Mercury Gray chapter 4 . 4/7/2004
how do you kill something/one who's already dead?
*ponders*
nice work iwht the ghost thing. i love boromir,and it's quite funny to see him 'walking oun water without getting wet' while everyone else half drowns. nice work, and keep it up!
Ithlien chapter 4 . 4/7/2004
Guess whose going on the favourites list? Come on guess!
Yeah, I love you story, you have a great sense of humour and writing style. I was wondering if you could focus a teeny tiny bit on the chracter of Lothiriel and Arwen. I was wondering what your take on Lothiriel and Eomer's marriage was, I expected Eomer's bite mark to be from Lothiriel but it was in the wrong place. Other than that great great great great great great great story.
spacegirl chapter 4 . 4/7/2004
I really enjoyed reading your story - great dialouge, love the funny parts. Boromir popping up was a suprise but why not ? So continue!
grumpy chapter 4 . 4/7/2004
this is great. I loved the conversation about scars and bitemarks. Putting Boramir in the mix is wonderful. the mud, the sinkholes and all makes this story great. looking forward to more
tychen chapter 4 . 4/7/2004
Usually avoid titles/descriptions containing the word humour,glad I didn't this smilling as I huridly sneak in the review before my son's emerge from their lairs.(Easter break,no school run).Found your tale well written,pacey, and both exciting and a bit doubtful when Boromir turned up,but it works a peep at your story list and found I knew quite a few of the Mag.7 ones from other sites.I'm a Larabee/Aragorn girl myself,and you seem fond of Ezra Faramir and Borimir,which works out just fine,we can both have the ones we want!Back in the real sigh!Have added you to favorites and lookforward to the next out on his own eh,could prove interesting!
grumpy chapter 1 . 4/6/2004
hi there, love the first chapter of your story, sounds like fun, rangers and kings in the mud. loved the part were Aragorn appears disheveled when they first start out. now I am off to read more of your story
62 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »