Reviews for Remnants of Darkness
Eirias2 chapter 12 . 9/12/2004
this was a good chapter, i really love this story. but when are they gonna start on their quest?
svufreak chapter 12 . 9/11/2004
The two chapters that you posted today were great. Not much action, but a lot of description, which is always necessary for a good story. Particularly at the end of Chapter 12, I felt the isolation and loneliness of not only Annie and Peter, but also of Will. I can't wait to see where you take this story next! :-)
CPAnthoni chapter 12 . 9/11/2004
Again, an awesome chapter. It serves its purpose as transition - after reading it, I am eagerly anticipating the next section. I understand busy, but I still hope it doesn't take you too long to post the next chapter. I also really enjoyed how the characters interacted with each other in this chapter. Have you thought about writing up that guacamole and squirrel insident as a oneshot? I for one, right along with Annie and Peter, would love to know the details. Your descriptions are enthralling - I especially liked -a man "who looked on the world and saw shadows everywhere." Beautiful. Although you have to be careful with lyrical language like this-it can be easy to overdo it. However, I think you've used it perfectly here. As regards to chapter nine and a half - I wonder, did Bran really choose this? I know he chose to stay in the current time, but did he really understand what that meant? That he would forget? Nevertheless, I don't think the story would be improved (probably the opposite) by Bran remembering. I think in many cases that is the easy way out and comes across as trite. Well, I'll wrap this up with another general accolade - you've written wonderful chapters and an absorbing story.
Silvergenji chapter 12 . 9/11/2004
Yay! I'm so glad you updated! I really like the way that this is all leading up to something big and important and magical, and how you've captured the tension of a world in turmoil. And yet there's still a kind of "Christmas Spirit" that seems to say that even though it's going to get way worse before it gets better, everything is going to be all right. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more!
norah-hunt chapter 12 . 9/11/2004
hey!

i can't wait for more updates, and lol, i found a person who i could exactly imagine as Will Stanton - my english teacher. he's got a pleasent round face, has salt and pepper hair except he looks no more than 40 or 45. unfortuneately his names not Will or last name Stanton.

anyways, UPDATE!

thanks for reviewing my fic, but i don't know when the next update will be. i'm a slow writer :P. also, highschool's just began so. blah.

anyways, cheers.

-Norah
Venus Smurf chapter 10 . 9/9/2004
Incredible story. It's rare to find good DIR fics, and I think this is one of the best. You're an incredibly gifted author, and I love what you've done with both the characters and the plot. This was fantastic, and I hope you update soon.
svufreak chapter 10 . 8/31/2004
I have just found this story, but I am enjoying it immensely. You are a wonderful writer-your plot is solid and well thought out, and you have a wonderful grasp of the English language. (There's nothing worse than a wonderful idea that you can barely decipher becuase of poor spelling and grammar.) I love the contrast that you are setting up between Annie and Peter, and how Annie can accept things so much easier because she is younger. I also love that although Jane and Bran don't remember, they still ultimately know that Will is different, and that he isn't quite like them. I only hope that there are new chapters up soon, because I'm very eager to see what happens next! :-)
lembas7 chapter 10 . 8/31/2004
cool! yes! action! best chapter so far!
Silvergenji chapter 10 . 8/25/2004
Wow. Oh wow. I finally got the time to sit down and read it all and I am impressed. A bit disappointed that there's no more to read now that I'm hooked, but such is the way things go. _ Wow. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Frostfyre7 chapter 10 . 8/11/2004
Wow. You have written an excellent story here, truly worthy of Susan Cooper's fantastic sequence. I am always thrilled to find well-written fanfiction, and this is not only well-written, it is excellently written. I eagerly await more! Keep up the fantastic work!
CPAnthoni chapter 10 . 8/10/2004
This is a great story! I was so excited when I saw that you had updated. I really appreciate how you keep it true to the spirit of the original. Eagerly looking forward to more!
miruvour chapter 9 . 7/26/2004
Well? WELL? WHAT NOW?

C'mon, you just CAN'T leave a cliffhanger like that! It's criminal! Cruel! Dastardly!

In other words:

PLease, PLEASE update soon!
AutumnHeart chapter 9 . 7/25/2004
Ooh - nasty cliffie :(

I am really enjoying this story, and look forward to the next chapter - which will be soon, yes (insert pleading puppy-dog eyes here :)).

Is there a spell on Will's cloak like the Manna, Reck and Lir spells that lit the painting in Greenwitch? Or is it just because it's Will's cloak? Funky idea, though...

- AutumnHeart
A-man chapter 8 . 6/16/2004
NICE !
norah-hunt chapter 8 . 6/13/2004
hey hey! its me, back from a distant land called... italia. anyways. i really like this chapter. and eww pus in the eyes that creepy! anyways, it seems that jane is remebering little tidbits about SOTT. i can't wait to see Will again he is absolutely one of my fav characters! meh anyways, really love this chapter i can't wait for an update.

o and for my fic, i know i haven't updated in a while but laziness and...gasp... a bit of writer's block has got me stuck at the moment. i need to think about what will happen next, please bear [lol! i was about to put please *bare* with me. no thanks. i dont want to bare] anyways. so yah.

udate REALLY REALLY soon.

cheers,