Reviews for Singer by the shore
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Very well done. Your portrayal of Maglos was quite unique, yet holds within it all the sorrows of the first age. However, if would have been good if you hinted more things about not just the kinslaying, but the capture of Elros and Elrond, although your mention of Earendil the mariner helps. Interesting characterisation of Boromir and Faramir, and awesome choices of characters; I think both sons of Denethor can relate to this- in childhood and as adults.
Killingmemory chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This is what talent looks like. Thank you, so much, for writing and sharing. Probably one of the best, if not the best, depictions of Maglor I've read. The writing was just superb and wonderfully in keeping with the spirit of Tolkien.
Lucinda chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
WOW

I love this story

after so many story about Malgor after the first Age

I like this best
ellennar chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Ah, poor Maglor my second favorite Silmarillion character. This is beautifully and cleverly done, hat's off.
Nienna of the Valar chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Your story..it blows me away. Keep up the good work!
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
Hi! I'm the same one who recently sent you a message about this story from Open Scrolls. Just wanted to let you know that I'm recommending it on the Brothers of Gondor message board today! ()

-Rose (Cressida on the board)
Relinquere Sapientia chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
This is a truly wonderful story. I absolutely LOVE how you blended the Silmarillion with TA Middle-Earth. Many thanks indeed for showing Maglor! I loved his characterization, not to mention showing the closeness between Boromir and Faramir. And I love how the roles have been reversed in a way that doesn’t really happen in fanfic; it’s Boromir who’s a bit out of sorts, if not a bit scared and in need of comfort while of course Faramir keeps it together.
Funny, its never occured to me about the omens, but it is true (of course I had to check the Encyclopedia of Arda to refresh my memory). Anyway, great
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
y ou know what...your omens are scary...considering i just finished the odessey, and that's chock full of omens, and we all know how that ends...with lots of death...
anyway...very well written, and i hope to see more work like this in the soon to be future
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
A unique and fascinating encounter between the young Brothers Mir and an elf out of earlier ages. I love the characterization of the boys. Faramir's piping up with the mention of their descent from the line of Numenor was priceless, and very credible!
I did not understand Maglor's reference to two legs versus four when he spoke of Denethor.