Reviews for To Leave This Darkness in My Heart
omegarulesall chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
awsome, just plain awsome.
Cerulean Crystal chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
is really good.i love was really funny about raven understanding tha pain he cause van.
Taltos chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Oh, that was interesting. Definitely different. Although, in your summary you DID say that organoids can never truly die; but then Raven just killed Ambient. And...I dunno, I just can't get over his name. Call me weird, but I keep thinking of the Osmonds.
Red Outburst chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Wow, Akino.
Now, I don't really visit FF.N as much as I used to...just thought I'd check up on a few people. But, to my surprise, I found that you had published a one-shot, and lucky for me, in the Zoid section - a fandom that I actually understand these days.
So, on to the fic... I must give you cookies for keeping Raven so...so...Raven-y. I think that's some of the best I've *ever* seen him portrayed in a fanfic, so kudos to you, fair authoress.
Like my accomplice Ookami said...nice touch with interweaving the descendents of our lovely CC and GF crew with NCZ...
I hope to see more work of yours soon.
Always,
~Red
Zinou chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Ask and ye shall receive, an intellgent review. (Eh, not that I normally speak moronese in reviews anyways..)
Rrm. I honestly feel that this is one of the best one-shots to be posted on FF for quite some time. Very clear, got the points across wonderfully. Liked the NC connections; I'm a rabid, frothing fan of that sort of stuff when it's done well, which you've .. er, done. The lyrics fit nicely (though I don't watch Digimon and thus have no clue as to the song), and bar their lack of continuity w/the italics (which you admitted to, and I'm not fussing; I too know that MSWord isn't nice with html files, nor is Works..)
Specific strong points: description. Very good depictions, brought to mind good mental imagery. Also, concise, a /blessed/ thing.
Only weak point: well, be it your doing or no, the lack of italicized continuity *does* make for a bumpy ride in a few places. Setting off the lyric/flashback-type things in some way that didn't depend entirely on the formatting may help. Of course, I'm anal about distinctions in text, so just ignore me, because I'm noisy.
I'm normally not fond of Raven fics, because of the dumbing treatment he normally is on the receiving end of. But this is quite good; you portrayed Raven accurately, something which always wins points.
Overall, good job.
A BlackHole chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
Zapper: Geez, alot of Zoid fics coming in lately, hard to review them all...
Grappler: But anyway, a good job for a one chapter story, oh, by the way, its "Reese" I belive not Riese, and there is NO PROOF that Vega is realted to Raven in Zoids NC0, its either that they are, or the writers are to lzy to design a different arch rival.
Dom: *drools*
Z/G/D: "For the future of the Dark Axis!"
Audiance: "ZAKO SOLDIERS FIGHT, YEAH!"
Red Baroness chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
I really liked this. It was very good and enjoyable to read. The emotions in this are very poignant and easy to relate to. You deserve a lot of praise! Especially because you slipped in the name Donnie Chen (Chen meaning 'great/ tremendous' in Chinese). It's better than Joyce, for sure. Very clever _!
Rated R? Nah.
Max Velocity IV chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
Ol' Red recommended this jewel of a fanfic to me earlier. And man, was he right!
Absolutely. Fricking. Buh-rilliant.
What amazes me is how you were able to intertwine the the CC and GF universe with the CZ universe; in retrospect, this entire one-shot serves as foreshadowing for Century Zero.
And if you're lookin' for Red, he should be reviewing this sometime soon, Akino.