Reviews for For Want of a Beer
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Aw, Newkirk, you should've known better...;)

That was very funny, thank you!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Ha, this fic is classic Newkirk-and it brought a smile to my face.

The stream-of-consciousness aspect of this fic worked extremely well; everything about it seems so in character for Newkirk. You can easily picture his frustration turning to fear as things get worse and worse. And his interaction with Carter is just as priceless as ever!
Prowler4 chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I love this story! It had me laughing so hard I darn well split my sides! Looking foreward to reading more like it!
DragonJivi chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
I likey! Awesomely funny. *two thumbs up... perhaps three and a half...*
Glorious Clio chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I loved it! I read a stream of Consciousness book, and your example was so much better. So much for American Literature.

I love Newkirk!

Midget
Scotty McSpockirk chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Wow! That was SO hilarious! So many funny lines...heehee! "I *know* your name's not Johnny!" That was funy and so was: "Where does he think I'll go?" Man... Oh well, I have to be off, I want to get a beer.

~ILHH~
Kathy F chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
I loved the stream of thought style. You have a gifted ear for dialogue and understanding characters. My very favorite line has to be "I knoew you're name's not Johnny..."
AGroovie1 chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Zoey - Very good! The Stream of consciousness gave it a very fun feel.
And I didn't even get to finish it! Oh, mum. HELP! :-)
Kits chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
I loved this. It was cute, short, wonderfully amusing, and so in character with Newkirk and Carter. I could hear them both talking in my head just like it was really happening-and you happened to do it with two of me favorite characters too. *Beamz* Loverly!
I'll admit it, my favorite parts are the:
"Oh, mum.
HELP! HELP!"
and...
'Don't move,' he says. Where the bloody hell does he think I'll go?
and finally,
What? I *know* your name's not Johnny-NEVER MIND, Carter!
Classic.
Kits (who is still chuckling)
marylinusca chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
That is Newkirk to an 'N' - and Carter too, to the rescue just in time. Beautiful Carter/Newkirk one shot, but then, I never doubted that it would be.
bumblebuzz chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
Fantastic story! HA HA! I loved it. I really liked the stream-of-consciousness approach, and it was perfect Newkirk. Clever idea, and what a fun way to end it. Really a delight.
Sorkin's Gal Friday chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. RATHER AMUSING.
carterfan chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Fantastic! Very well done. You're one of my favorite HH writers & I agree with the other reviewer who said that "Fateful Laughter" was wonderful! That's probably the HH story I've read over & over the most!
ML Miller Breedlove chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
I love the way you got into Newkirks head. Writing a one sided conversation is not easy. Plus filling in all the background information. Bravo!
marg chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Very nice Zoey. You got Newkirk perfectly. I could easily see the whole scenario.