Reviews for Cavern Of A Million Colors
Arcanos chapter 9 . 3/26
wow... lovely...

Great plot, and even greater writing skills... loved it!
Hikari chapter 1 . 10/7/2019
*the WHOLE story

And Ash’s confession was so cute, OMG ️️️️
Hikari chapter 13 . 10/7/2019
You write very well, wow! I loved the while story, congrats! But Brendan is dead, that was so sad, poor May ;_;
Flickbix chapter 13 . 4/24/2019
I know it's been year. but just stumbled upon this fic. Great job, had laughs, angst, and seemed like it could be some early Pokemon movie. I hope you are having a good life and still writing.
Rebekah Matthews chapter 13 . 12/8/2018
This story was epic. You are a really great writer - you kept everyone in character (including Meowth! I could easily read it in his unique voice!) and your description was fantastic. You made Ash and Misty's love story believable - it wasn't a case of bam, they're in love. There was a sweet build up to them each coming to realising what they were feeling over time and I really enjoyed that. The action with the use of the Pokemon was amazing. The little snippets of Rocketshipping was a cute surprise for readers, too.
The only thing I didn't like was the way you wrote 'HE', 'HIM' and 'HIMSELF', in reference to Haunter. I found that reading it made me shout those words in my head as I read so it didn't read well, but I can appreciate why you wrote it that way as I knew who you were referring to.
Thank you for such a great story! - R
Kiomori chapter 13 . 12/22/2017
I don't know if I've reviewed this story or if you'll even see this, but I just want to thank you for this incredible story. It's crazy to think that it has been around for over ten years too, but it's one of the few pokemon stories I'll regularly go back to reread.

I love the humor at the start when Misty comes back, and then the adventure and drama when her and Ash are lost in the caves. Max's Poochyena is perfect for him and I wish the show did something similar. Brock was the perfect big brother figure, and even Team Rocket were great. Ash's realization and confession to Misty was precious and I loved their dynamic in the story. The battle with the haunter was intense, and Sableye was amazing as well. And who can forget the bet and then the "mysterious" ghost trainer that we all know at the end? I still hope for a happy ending for him somehow.

So yes, thank you for writing this incredible story. If you see this review, I wanted to let you know that it's still a favorite even now and is surely a staple in the pokeshipping fandom.

Thanks for this incredible story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2017
Diphylleia Grayi chapter 1 . 2/28/2017
According to reviews, the first time I read this fic was in 2012. Five years later, I'm proud to say that this still has a special place in my heart. I'm honestly never gonna get over Brendan's fate.
bigb360 chapter 13 . 2/17/2017
This is great. I see it was finished over ten years ago. Ah the final time we saw Misty in the anime. It's sad in multiple ways, but also happy.

The story is very unique, very creative. What a cool idea. And you carried it out to perfection. I hope you're not done writing completely, but i see you haven't been active in a while. Just know that this story is so good, and i think will last forever as a staple in the Pokeshipping fandom. One of the best.

Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm glad i got to read it.
kitsunescythe chapter 13 . 11/27/2016
...WHAT! (Sorry, I couldn't resist XD) But seriously, you killed Brendan?! Oh, come on! I mean, I had my suspicions since earlier in the story (and your hints at the end were blatant enough for even Ash to figure it out-not a criticism, mind you), but I thought he would get a happy ending like Ash and Misty. Maybe not all of a sudden in a relationship with May, but at least alive and escaping the tunnel. I was hoping more for the time limit to be more "Haunter was lying" than "science". Don't get me wrong, I like scientific explanations and all, but Pokemon plays a bit fast and loose with the science anyway so Brendan could've come back. *sigh*

I did like this story a lot; it's quite interesting. Suspenseful, good romancy stuff, and paced well. But I'm hoping there's another story here that makes things okay for Brendan and Sableye. I'm off to go look through your stuff. XD
kitsunescythe chapter 12 . 11/27/2016
I have to say, the pokemon Sableye has always creeped me out a bit, but the way you wrote this one's character and everything is actually making me consider training one. :)
kitsunescythe chapter 6 . 11/25/2016
I don't understand Haunter's prejudice very much. Does he hate all non-pure Ghost-types, or just Dark-types? Because Haunter is a Ghost/Poison type. Also, Sableye should have the type advantage, since Ghost is super-effective against Ghost, and Dark is super-effective against Ghost too. AND since Sableye is a Dark-type, even if the move Psychic blew through his Shadow Ball, it still would have no effect against him.

I don't mean to sound so critical, especially since I'm really enjoying this story, and I understand that this particular Haunter is supposed to be like near-legendary-Pokemon kind of strong. But even still, Psychic is ineffective against Dark no matter what.
GunBlade2020 chapter 13 . 11/2/2016
Nice story and very well written! Nice romance as well!

Just a question, who was the ghost talking about at the end?

Just curious, again, nicely done!
Vallygirl3236 chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
Whats it been...12 years?Sorry for such a late review but I love this fanfic if you want to be an author one day your going to make a great one.
Ckorkows chapter 13 . 8/10/2016
Hi. Okay. I know it's been years since you wrote this, and I'm pretty late to the Pokemon party (having only recently rediscovered my old love for it after P-Go came out), but I was looking for an A/M fic to read today and stumbled across this and absolutely loved it.
I've been in a reading slump (fanfic and real fic) for several months, but I blew through this story today. Yes, some things weren't to my liking. I'm no longer a teenager, so some of the romance was a little "immature" for my taste (though I totally remember doing some of the same things as Ash and Misty, oy!) and your use of caps and underlines was, at times, very distracting. However those small things were easily overlooked when you look at the whole picture of this story.
First, I’m amazed at how quickly you made thirteen chapters go, especially ones that were as long as these were. There were only one or two times when I found the pace lagging just a bit, but those were so few and far between and usually tucked between carefully crafted cliffhangers, that they were hardly bothersome. Overall the pacing on this story was fantastic and every scene had a purpose. I’ll admit that makes me a little jealous, considering you wrote a complete story with purposeful and engaging scenes that lasted over 150k words. Longer isn’t always better, but in your case longer seemed shorter, which was just amazing.
Next is the plot itself. I’m a romantic, hardcore, but that’s not what made me keep reading this story. The romance was a nice perk, of course, and definitely got me hooked at the start, but the minute Ash and Misty dropped into the hole you had me hooked for entirely different reasons. Every character was just very layered, and let’s face facts, the show (which is how I’m familiar with the gang) didn’t really make them multidimensional. But even as you added dimension, these characters still felt like themselves to me. And it wasn’t just about Ash and Misty getting together (not that I don’t love straight ship fics, cause I do). This story had the plot of the cavern and HIM, the Sableye’s storyline (I totally knew who his trainer was, you have no idea how happy that makes me! Or how happy that final little scene made me! Actually, you probably do…), the Team Rocket storyline—which you tied in nicely—and perhaps a hint of Rocket Romance?
I also really appreciated how you left Sableye’s tale open ended. I’m sure some people might be bothered by that, and depending on the story I’m one of those people, but in this case I thought it was a brilliant way to keep your readers thinking about this story long after the romance was taken care of. And, of course, it leaves it open for you to come back and add onto should you ever decide to revisit these characters.
The ending was beautiful. Not perfect (but that would really be too much, I think), but just well done. I enjoyed your description of the sunset, and thought the final romance scene was on point. It certainly had this romantic heart swooning. You nailed the fourth-wall breaking by Meowth in the reunion scene (in one of the final chapters, maybe not this one), and I liked how you did that occasionally since it was a part of the series. I truly can’t get over that final scene. It was perfection. Not only was my suspicion about Sableye’s trainer correct, but the open-endedness leaves readers with a sense of hope as well as sadness.
Anywho, all of this to say I really enjoyed your story and I thank you very much for breaking my reading funk. This story instantly goes on my favorites list.
God bless, Ckorkows