Reviews for As a Father You Have Been
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This is a good story. I like how Merry said goodbye to Theoden. It was sad that they couldn't share fun times together. I like the fact that Theoden took Merry under his wings.
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Very moving.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Very sweet. Pip & Merry are such characters...
Eldawen chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
-sniffle-

Merry and Pippin are adorable.
Sevilodorf chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
Again a wonderful look into the character's thoughts. However, this time I am left feeling that maybe you shortchanged Pippin a bit. He did a lot of growing up during his time in Minas Tirith.
Pipwise Brandygin chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
This is very moving and beautifully written - you've captured Merry and Pippin perfectly once again. I loved Merry's parting words to Theoden and the way you show the understanding and love between him and Pip. I really am looking forward to reading more of your stories!
Pippinfan1988 chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
This was wonderful! So sweet! Lovely to read and get lost in. Very well written! :-)
Pippinfan
Cm chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
This is very lovely. I had reviewed it earlier but it appears it hadn't gone through... Darn . Anyways, this was touching and I love little gap fillers so this really hit the spot. The whole atmosphere seemed very credible, and the hobbity-care that Pippin shows towards Merry at the end is nice and fits their kind. I especially liked how Merry had attempted to appear stronger whilst in the company of the funeral procession, though he couldn't manage to halt those few tears, very Merry. I also liked how he couldn't think to eat, because for a hobbit that is rare and it just goes to show how very much Merry cared for Theoden. I also liked how he was saying (kind of apologizing-but-not-really) about that he had wanted and thought of keeping vigil with him in Minas Tirith, but he couldn't because he was still hurt. Very good job, keep up the great work _.
ShelaghC chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Once again - a lovely take on the characters and the writing feels very close to JRRT's own style.
Only one word made me feel "out" of the universe, but otherwise I'm very impressed and looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work!
Estella Brandybuck chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
Sad and sweet. I like this fic a lot. It fills in a piece that was missing. The Hobbits are very in character. I nearly cried there for a moment. Very good piece.
-Estella
Elena chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Wow, that was very sad and moving. Merry was eloquent but very simple in his farewell speech, he never once sounded as though he was having words put into his mouth.
I also loved the exchange between him and Pip, it was very mich in their manner of speaking, and Hobbit's manner of relationg. This is something that I think would fit into Tolkien's work with no problem at all, I'm very glad I read it.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
finally somebody wrote about the missing movie scenes of ROTK!
very touching, relationship between Merry and Theoden, and then the relationship between Merry and Pippin. good story
Nuklear Firefly chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Aww. This is so sad. I was so close to crying by the end... but good ol' Pippin kept me from doing so. Very sweet insight here. I likes it. :)
EmeraldFaith chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
This is really sweet and beautiful. It has companionship, love, and all those other great things. :) keep writing. I was near tears as he was talking to Theoden.