Reviews for Okay, NOW Panic!
Amazing ending. Nothing like a good predestination paradox.
Doranwen chapter 60 . 4/17
Awesome fic-spent most of two nights (when I should have slept far earlier) reading it on my e-reader, after having read the first one on my computer. I wiped tears from my eyes from both laughing and crying, and that's pretty hard to do in a single fic (the whole drunk-in-Rohan scene had me in stitches). Kudos for sticking with the language thing-yours is the only fic I know of that not only doesn't treat Westron as English (I've found one other that recognizes the language barrier properly), but also recognizes that names such as Frodo and Merry are supposed translations from the originals (I'd almost forgotten that!). Loved how realistic it was with Penny learning Sindarin and then attempting Westron as well (and food poisoning! all these logical it-would-have-happened things).

I do have to ask though . . . what IS that nipple scene you're referring to in Return of the King? Because I've never heard of that and searching was most definitely not helpful . . .
laelruin chapter 60 . 4/5
Thank you so much for writing this! Its hard to find non-smutty, semi-realistic fan fiction (and considerably more realistic than most!). I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I did spot a few typo's one towards the end of chapter 58 and one in the first or second-ish paragraphs in chapter 59. This story is really well written and I like where you left it off. The proposal was heart wrenching! Which just made the second proposal all the more satisfying.
Thank you again for all of the time and effort you have put into this story. It really shows.
Sincerely,
Ruin
Toaofwriting chapter 60 . 3/15
You did a truly wonderful job with this story. I loved the plot, the characterizations, and the incredible attention to detail that you included. Penny was a great, believable character, and kudos on getting all of the characters down pat. Very well done indeed.
Pineapple3000 chapter 50 . 2/21
I just realized. When Penny says 'Et tu, brute?' she is speaking french, no? If so, then she is saying it wrong. She should be saying 'Et toi, brute?' because tu is used as a pronoun and in this case, toi is the only word that makes sense. (I'd just like to mention that french is my mother tongue) I am loving this fanfiction just as much as I loved the prequel! Can't wait to find out what happens next.
wswpub chapter 60 . 2/20
What a great set of stories. I've favorited you & look forward to reading your other stories. I'm going to also see if your forum is still around 7 years after you mentioned it some 10 chapters back. Thanks!
wswpub chapter 17 . 2/17
That was one if the funniest chapters ever! "I did it MYYYYY Way!"
wswpub chapter 14 . 2/17
Didn't Haldir get killed in one of the battles? Or was that just in the movies?
Babe Malf chapter 60 . 1/30
Can I just say that was bloody brilliant! I read the first story and I was hooked, got even more so as I read this sequel. Your writing is so flawless. I loved penny's antics, shook my head at her more than stupid moments. And had a good laugh overall altgough the more depressed and angst like scenes were a bit much for me- however I enjoyed those too. Loved her relationship with the Elves. It surprised me how much I enjoyed reading the story due to the lack of legomance (and I agree with you: poor guy) or any elf/oc romance. I think this is the best oc to middle earth story, I have ever read. Just so you know, you caused me to sleep late countless times, the regret would hit me early morning- 0500hrs- and I would have to stop myself from reading just to catch some Zzzsss.
kae-sshi chapter 1 . 1/25
I took awhile but I finally finished your story! Can't say I regret pushing 'till the end. Now, okay, that came out wrong. I just meant that long stories as this one make me weary because usually quality in the writting drops or coherence with canon get compromised or coherence in general. It didn't happen though. I am still pleasantly surprised.

I will start by my main complaint which is: why did you not make her fall in love with an elf ? I am even more frustrated that I 'spoiled' myself reading the reviews to your stories, and instead of reading the right name I read Elladan. To say I was surprised at this turn of event is an euphemism and I spent half the sequel wondering how their relationship could evolve from what it was to love. It must be really hard to make the relationship between an elf and a human believable (with the beliefs of death they have, that would only complicate matters) but that's precisely why I would have liked to see you picture it. That said, I respect your choice as a writer, and this complaint is purely personal, therefore it does not involve any of your work as such.

About Penny, I will only say that if we were to meet it would probably frustrate me to no end. Too much crying. But then again, her personality that fascinates and annoys me probably made me grow as a writer. Because, yes, I did not throughfully enjoyed reading about her insecurities and was tempted to groan 'get a grip of yourself already' at times but that is how she is and what defines her as a character and a human and your keeping her that way made her so believable in my opinion that it still touched me to read about her distress. She's now one of my favourite fanfic characters because if couldn't indentify with her, I did however appreciate her.

The general setting of the story is perfect to me. I am no connoisseur of Tolkien's work nor do I pretend to be so I cannot really comment on that. However, I dearly enjoyed the way you pictured ME, making forget my surrondings and feel like I was seeing it through Penny's eyes. The story line was great, believable. You did not hesitate to pictures moments of boredom or of everyday life that would make me hesitate to write because of the risk of it being just plain boring but you managed to make it flow naturally and it was interesting, bringing insight that was just the final touches to the beautiful painting you depicted.

Thank you for this beautiful story. I hope one day you'll remember this website and write something else to make us dream of another place in LOTR.
Luizals chapter 60 . 1/7
Oh SHIT! This is as epic as a fic can get. I mean, the END! Fuck! you marvellous writer!YOU!
Fallerullandeig chapter 60 . 12/14/2014
And thus the circle of life begins a new. She is her own ancestor, who would'ave guessed?

Really enjoyed reading this fanfiction, thank you :3
Enna chapter 60 . 12/10/2014
Thank you so much for this story, it was a wonderful journey to middle earth.
StillIRise chapter 60 . 12/9/2014
Wonderful story.
dawn's spirit chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
So this is the second time ive read this story since May (yep, this year) and i cant believe how much ive fallen in love with it all! The characters, plot and just your writing style is perfection to me. And i swaer Penny's younger brother and mine are one in the same! Like their attitude and experience (particularly wrapping a car around a tree without a licence) is EXACTLY the same! But anyways expect be back in another 7 months or so to re-reread this piece of heavenly literature! Xx
2,389 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »