Reviews for Okay, NOW Panic!
Al chapter 52 . 6/13
I know it's too late now, but an excellent chocolate substitute can be made from linden (basswood/lime) fruits. Check online. Apparently it has no shelf life, so never caught on.
AmazingHefi chapter 60 . 6/7
To be honest, while reading Don't Panic! I was certain you'll leave Halbarad and Penny will be with him. It was an interesting read, full of emotion and well written. I have enjoyed it very much
AmazingHefi chapter 18 . 6/5
Stick in the mud game is called Ledena Baba in Croatia!
I'm the same reviewer as was earlier today under "Guest." The ONE thing I would say is that the hobbits "real" names ARE confusing. Other than that, woooooooww! one of the BEST!
I just wanna say: This story as well as "Don't Panic," which I have also read, is an awesome, fun-filled one! Usually I hate ones of girls falling into middle earth, but this is a professionally well-written story! I love Lindir, Erestor, & Glorfindel, so I'm glad there are SOME writers that include them! Thanks, boz4pm for your awesome stories!
Dragonofelder chapter 60 . 4/8
Temporal loops. Always fun.
Kendra chapter 60 . 2/14
I. Want. To. Die. That's how heartwrenching this story was! There are tears in my eyes, that's how masterfully this was closed off.

My favourite chapter of this book will always be the one in which they visit the market in Minas Tirith (before Penny is robbed of course). I'm not sure why but the descriptions and the atmosphere in that chapter really stuck out for me.

I have a question that was sort of answered in your author's note: would you consider writing a third part with a second modern-day character falling into middle earth? I'd love to write it myself (in fact i already have a character in mind) but I dont have nearly enough skill or knowledge to do so and i would hate to do a disservice to this work. The idea i had would kind of be a fanfic of this fanfic: a teenager appears near Imladris after Penny and Halladan are married yet before the elves depart. She would face similiar difficulties to Penny in terms of language barrier and freaking the hell out but, while a Tolkien fan, is not as well-versed in the lore and actually knows the movies better than the books. She also takes interest in more combative skill-forming and questions Penny's character a lot, noting how "middle earth" she is. Thoughts? Tips? Will this remain in my brain forever?
attheturnofthetide chapter 60 . 2/5
I finished reading this story last night, and I was crying and laughing the entire journey. I LOVED your OCs - especially Eleniel and Mireth and Rhimlath. And the way you wrote Lindir made me fall in love with him all over again. The odd balance of levity and joyous delight in living against the wisdom of ages in the elves was shown EXQUISITELY (I, for one, sat back in satisfaction as I read about Penny's adventures - or should I say, misadventures - through Rohan and Gondor. This is written in such excruciating detail that I just had to stop reading and gather myself from time to time. I loved everything about Imladris here. The wedding dress, the singing during the celebrations, the cup (I burst out laughing)... The market at Gondor and the way Penny is taught practical skills in Imladris... The way Penny's Sindarin gradually improves from Don't Panic! to its sequel (learning a language is HARD. I can testify. I'm currently learning two, and it's sometimes incredibly difficult to say what I mean in a way that feels right - that sounds the way I mean it to sound. A really weird thing to say, but I was so proud when Penny was able to carry such long conversations!) I loved how you portrayed PTSD, and how Halladan and Penny's relationship developed (THANK YOU! NO INSTA-LOVE FOR ONCE! and I was just sitting there near the end, screaming, "I KNEW IT! I CALLED IT! THANK GOD! YES!" in my head. Arvain is such a sweetheart (and I absolutely adored HIS relationship...) and the rest of the Dunedain are so distinct in personality. As for the rest... Seriously, how do you do it? Canon and original characters in this story are so hard to tell apart, they just fit.

Ugh. I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading about Penny's physical and mental and emotional struggles, and how she emerged victorious through sickness and stress. When I first began Don't Panic! I thought this would become a Halbarad/OC (which made me sort of hesitant) but my goodness, I can imagine Halbarad's half-smug, half-proud expression as he gazes down from heaven at their wedding.

Glorfindel and Erestor were fantastic here, as well as Elrond, Arwen (who is SUCH a good friend), Galadriel, and Gandalf. And lastly (well, there's just so much to say, but I'm supposed to be doing math homework right now, whoops) the idea that the elves are SO gossipy is absolutely golden. I was cackling throughout all those scenes like a mad chicken.

THANK YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY!
KoiAndJelly chapter 1 . 2/3
Damn. Made me cry first chapter in.
Silvanon of the Orchard chapter 60 . 1/22
I truly enjoyed reading this, you did a wonderful job with it. Thank you very much!
firerosedreamer67 chapter 60 . 1/16
A wonderful story! loved every word! and the end! what can I say! to live it all over again!... Thank you!. ...
Crazysister101 chapter 1 . 12/13/2017
This was so amazing that I'm on the verge of tears. It's the best LOTR fic I've ever read, and it will always have a special place in my heart. Even though I wish that it could never end, I understand your reasoning, and it's better this way. Please continue to write books, I will happily read anything else you write.
Guest chapter 60 . 11/30/2017
Hello! I just wanted to say. I first read this fic in 2014 at the recommendation of my friend and I fell in love with it. Aside from encapsulating some wish fufillment for the majority of Tolkien fans, you have provided an intensely satisfying narrative that I love dearly. I feel for Penny in every step of the journey and oftentimes in my rereads I have found myself crying at the same moments she does. Even on this, my fifth reread now, I still cry when Penny finally comes to grips with Halbarad's death. I've also wept for her and Halladan after he mucks up his proposal, and I've cried out in happiness when they finally are engaged. This fic truly means so much to me. I just want to say: thank you. Thank you so much for pouring so much effort and depth into Don't Panic and Okay NOW Panic. It is evident in every line. Thank you!
The Brutal Demon chapter 60 . 11/27/2017
I've now read this story, start to finish, 15 god damn years after the first chapter went up.

Good god has this been one hell of a story. About 2 months it took me. Feels wrong, but ever so satisfying to finish long epics.

Be assured a decade and a half later your magnificent creation (based on a challenge based on another, older creation) is still being discovered, read and enjoyed!
TheRadiantFire chapter 5 . 11/17/2017
I really really really like the relationship between Lindir and Penny!
2,454 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »