Reviews for Okay, NOW Panic!
Basically spent a whole day doing nothing else except reading this! Thank you for a great story- couldn't put it down. I'm glad I didn't have to wait in between chapters although I would have loved to support the story as it was being created! Thanks
thrndlwood chapter 1 . 8/7
Thank you this is one of the best stories I have ever read.
I reread this fic every few months or so, but I still can’t bear to read the last part of this chapter. The second hand humiliation is too much. Ugh, I’m having flashbacks even now. Blow-ups like that happen in many fics. However, only in this one is the set up social order and feeling of what’s acceptable so poignant and ingrained as to make such an act feel unforgivable once the full scope of exactly what Penny did is realized.

Much like the cobbler scene later, the respect that is so absent from our society (or at least my own) is keenly felt and is one of my favorite things about this fic, although it does lead to some painful moments.
Meaghan chapter 60 . 6/25
This fic was AMAZING. The past few chapters I was in tears over. I'm sad to see it end, but so in love with everything. This was by far my favorite of any fics I have read. You really got me attached to Penny!
PixelBamf chapter 60 . 6/23
I don't know if you still read reviews/comments, after all of these years, but I just wanted to drop a comment here to let you know that I made it through this story and Don't Panic in less than a week, gobbling them up and ignoring almost everything else. When I first started Don't Panic, I was reading it for the laugh (and it *was* funny). I genuinely didn't expect the story, by the end, to be so emotional and deep. I really enjoyed everything. Thank you so much for writing this, and for sharing it with the interwebs.
Al chapter 52 . 6/13
I know it's too late now, but an excellent chocolate substitute can be made from linden (basswood/lime) fruits. Check online. Apparently it has no shelf life, so never caught on.
AmazingHefi chapter 60 . 6/7
To be honest, while reading Don't Panic! I was certain you'll leave Halbarad and Penny will be with him. It was an interesting read, full of emotion and well written. I have enjoyed it very much
AmazingHefi chapter 18 . 6/5
Stick in the mud game is called Ledena Baba in Croatia!
I'm the same reviewer as was earlier today under "Guest." The ONE thing I would say is that the hobbits "real" names ARE confusing. Other than that, woooooooww! one of the BEST!
I just wanna say: This story as well as "Don't Panic," which I have also read, is an awesome, fun-filled one! Usually I hate ones of girls falling into middle earth, but this is a professionally well-written story! I love Lindir, Erestor, & Glorfindel, so I'm glad there are SOME writers that include them! Thanks, boz4pm for your awesome stories!
Dragonofelder chapter 60 . 4/8
Temporal loops. Always fun.
Kendra chapter 60 . 2/14
I. Want. To. Die. That's how heartwrenching this story was! There are tears in my eyes, that's how masterfully this was closed off.

My favourite chapter of this book will always be the one in which they visit the market in Minas Tirith (before Penny is robbed of course). I'm not sure why but the descriptions and the atmosphere in that chapter really stuck out for me.

I have a question that was sort of answered in your author's note: would you consider writing a third part with a second modern-day character falling into middle earth? I'd love to write it myself (in fact i already have a character in mind) but I dont have nearly enough skill or knowledge to do so and i would hate to do a disservice to this work. The idea i had would kind of be a fanfic of this fanfic: a teenager appears near Imladris after Penny and Halladan are married yet before the elves depart. She would face similiar difficulties to Penny in terms of language barrier and freaking the hell out but, while a Tolkien fan, is not as well-versed in the lore and actually knows the movies better than the books. She also takes interest in more combative skill-forming and questions Penny's character a lot, noting how "middle earth" she is. Thoughts? Tips? Will this remain in my brain forever?
attheturnofthetide chapter 60 . 2/5
I finished reading this story last night, and I was crying and laughing the entire journey. I LOVED your OCs - especially Eleniel and Mireth and Rhimlath. And the way you wrote Lindir made me fall in love with him all over again. The odd balance of levity and joyous delight in living against the wisdom of ages in the elves was shown EXQUISITELY (I, for one, sat back in satisfaction as I read about Penny's adventures - or should I say, misadventures - through Rohan and Gondor. This is written in such excruciating detail that I just had to stop reading and gather myself from time to time. I loved everything about Imladris here. The wedding dress, the singing during the celebrations, the cup (I burst out laughing)... The market at Gondor and the way Penny is taught practical skills in Imladris... The way Penny's Sindarin gradually improves from Don't Panic! to its sequel (learning a language is HARD. I can testify. I'm currently learning two, and it's sometimes incredibly difficult to say what I mean in a way that feels right - that sounds the way I mean it to sound. A really weird thing to say, but I was so proud when Penny was able to carry such long conversations!) I loved how you portrayed PTSD, and how Halladan and Penny's relationship developed (THANK YOU! NO INSTA-LOVE FOR ONCE! and I was just sitting there near the end, screaming, "I KNEW IT! I CALLED IT! THANK GOD! YES!" in my head. Arvain is such a sweetheart (and I absolutely adored HIS relationship...) and the rest of the Dunedain are so distinct in personality. As for the rest... Seriously, how do you do it? Canon and original characters in this story are so hard to tell apart, they just fit.

Ugh. I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading about Penny's physical and mental and emotional struggles, and how she emerged victorious through sickness and stress. When I first began Don't Panic! I thought this would become a Halbarad/OC (which made me sort of hesitant) but my goodness, I can imagine Halbarad's half-smug, half-proud expression as he gazes down from heaven at their wedding.

Glorfindel and Erestor were fantastic here, as well as Elrond, Arwen (who is SUCH a good friend), Galadriel, and Gandalf. And lastly (well, there's just so much to say, but I'm supposed to be doing math homework right now, whoops) the idea that the elves are SO gossipy is absolutely golden. I was cackling throughout all those scenes like a mad chicken.

THANK YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY!
KoiAndJelly chapter 1 . 2/3
Damn. Made me cry first chapter in.
Silvanon of the Orchard chapter 60 . 1/22
I truly enjoyed reading this, you did a wonderful job with it. Thank you very much!
2,459 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »