Reviews for Okay, NOW Panic!
RimK10 chapter 1 . 12h
Oh no god! The FEELS!
What a brat
Havane 31 chapter 60 . 8/14
Hello !
So, I read both stories and liked them very much indeed, and I think it actually improved my English skills .
Even though, I found it beginning to be very long at the end, and skipped lots of it... I think I might have been too eager to see Penny and Halladan finally together. However, it was well written, coherent, and it was nice reading a story with this much workI mean that you put lots of work in it, and it shows, and it's great )
Indigo Flare chapter 60 . 8/2
This and the story before it are now my absolute favorite "girl in middle Earth" stories! You really captured the characters of Middle Earth remarkably well, and I loved the development of your original character. I look forward to reading more of your writing, great job!
Bree chapter 60 . 7/31
This comment is extremely late and you'll probably never see it...I found your works of art, literally 3 days ago. I've been binging every since...seriously...pulling all nighters. lol
It was like a junkie induced roller coaster ride and I didn't want to miss a thing. Reading "DON'T PANIC" was AMAZING!
I mean...I've read other stories written about Tolkien lore in modern times, but never one w/ a O/C
protagonist falling into the past. Most of those stories I steer clear of, because it's full of unbearable cliches, awful writing, and Mary Sues. This though was like a needle in a haystack moment. It gripped me and I found gold. You are a wonderful writer. Your passion, attention to detail, knowledge of lore, language, and work is incredible. You really researched, before you just put out. It definitely showed and the world was solid. Nothing felt forgotten or flimsy.

The meeting between Penny and Albarad (sorry if I butchered it) was legendary...almost mythic in quality. Every character was intrinsically a part of the world organically and real.
DON'T PANIC was sooooo GOOD. Penny's is/was a very admirable and likeable character.
Very lost, being a stranger in a strange land coming to terms that what was read as play and entertainment was real; no delusion or child's play.

NOW PANIC was entertaining until about chapter 30 or so. My interest in it started to die about that time, because it was becoming increasingly obvious that there wasn't a point to it. Penny increasingly beloved by all was becoming coddled, while more fragile yet emotional. Not bi-polar, but angsty, mopey, and generally overall just lesser. I loved that she was an enigma and from the future. That should've been played up more. She didn't have to join any grand battles or anything, but she did have knowledge that was written and available to her in our time. Nothing was really worked w/ that. Sure resistance against speaking about it may alter ideas, patterns, and plans. May change something, but isn't that the point. I mean...the council tried at times to pressure her; while being understanding, but you definitely got the feeling she was in a male dominated era. No matter what species men are men.

What was the reason for her to appear there in the first place?
Did she make any major changes? NO. Was she helpful...not really. For herself or anyone in the vast picture of things.

The language barrier issue was written in very creatively and had to be taken care of if anything was going to go forward. The skill of adapting no matter how painstaking.

Personally, she helped a couple of people. Especially Halladen...Penny came across a kinda courageous, and plenty caring, but she failed to understand why people were/or felt the way they did. She kinda did have this holier, than thou attitude at times. The crying and constant sorrow; while understandable to a point was getting to me. This grown modern woman who lives by herself has no spine. Maybe she was like this all along, fiery yet easy to upset at the drop of a hat. There was some self righteous moments that fit and didn't. I personally felt the incident w/ Lord Elrond was beyond forgivable. I know people like to torture their characters...me included, but to overstep one's boundaries so far. This foreign ass female has not a clue how Elrond truly feels other than reading it from a book. To stand there and talk to him like that had me frozen, shocked, embarrassed, ranting and foaming at the mouth for a while. lol

I was shrieking like a banshee, so so embarrassed for the stupid stupid woman. He's fed her, clothe her, taught her valuable skills, opened his home to her and then Penny looked down her nose at him like it wasn't shit. Like how she suddenly felt and subjectively thought about someone who she didn't really know... was justifiable in the way she spoke to him. lmao Penny made me ashamed to be human...it was such a good scene. Including the following chapters... I was like well...this'll be the end of all great elf moments. Other than that the PTSD episodes were handled beautifully. The discussion of war and its lingering effects were heavy and palatable. Death still lingered, but life moved on none the less.

Each group was fantastic. Aragorn was beyond belief, Gandalf enigmatic, comforting, and wise. Legolas was distant, serious, yet keen. More emotionally shielded, than other members. It was solid. The hobbits were just loved, loved, loved. Arwen and the elves were individuals yet a well ordered affair.
The detailing was amazing, the singing, the funeral procession and just everything. I could almost touch it.

I freaking loved the interaction between Lindir and Penny though...guilty pleasure. Deep down inside...waaaay deep I wanted them to engage, but I knew it'd never happen. A girl can dream though...The second half started to drag indefinitely...there was no fire. Just a lot of tears. No alternative movement or ideas. Penny started to blend in so well, but wished she was a bit unorthodox. A women born in the 21st century might've wished for pants, legging, jeans or something. Not just pretty dresses. No need of physical activity, no running, maybe teaching others some games from our time. I know she likes books, but that's all. No curiosity. No major moves of independence or action. Getting mugged in an alley was traumatizing sure...but getting your car or house broken into is no different. As an independent adult there wasn't much resilience. After that incident, I would've punched that man in the jaw. Crying and throwing tantrums every time someone tries to approach the subject of what Penny knows was cringing. Play your cards right they may be eternally grateful, play them wrong they may hate you...but play them. I understand the main parts couldn't be changed, and warriors were ready to die honorably regardless. It's what they've trained their whole lives for. No amount of begging was going to stop that.

I just wished Penny shared more of the future w/ the elves. Some trustworthy people in general. She could still be private, but the reactions would've been entertaining and knowledge could've been swapped. She doesn't have to be a genius to implement ideas or changes. Little things can make a big difference. The story left me very unsatisfied, truthfully. It had such promise, but was a let down.
I'm glad she found happiness...it seemed like there was always feelings there for Halbarad, but his eldest son embodied everything Penny fiercely loved about him best. It was a okay ending...but meh. lol Stuck in a time loop poor chic.

Anywho...thank you for your incredible talent and fortitude. This was one hell of a story, the characters were phenomenal. Penny left me w/ a strong yet conflicted impression. A unique character overall and maybe better off experiencing all that she has...maybe. I wish you well in your career of choice, but I hope you consider publishing an original work. You are much too talented in creating pathos in my heart. Kudos!
Manwe Sulimo chapter 60 . 7/10
I'll keep it shortthe ending had me in tears. This is, without any doubt at all, the fanfiction that have affected me the most emotionally. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY POOR FEELINGS
Innieminnie chapter 36 . 7/7
I feel bad for Penny, no one likes being in those types of situations. I think her demeanor is exactly what would have happened if this were a real situation.
Innieminnie chapter 35 . 7/7
Oh goodness, I don't think I could have ever- I never expected her to do that, to him of all people.
Innieminnie chapter 32 . 7/7
Woo...man. That was something, I'll tell ya.
Innieminnie chapter 26 . 7/7
I really liked her living with the elves~
Innieminnie chapter 2 . 7/6
Interesting! Draughts is checkers hmm? Cool!
Foxy-Floof chapter 60 . 7/2
OMG, this story was a heifer to read. I finally finished, after almost a week of reading it, it's finally finished! I've read million fanfics in less time... But this ending was quite nice.
AG chapter 1 . 5/26
I remember following this story when it was originally posted many years ago. Waiting for updates was like torture...but so very worth it! :) I would like to send my best wishes and many thanks to Boz4pm for writing such an incredible story. I have no hope for any updates from the author, but I just wanted to it be known that this story is still remembered and loved and appreciated.
Cerih chapter 60 . 5/5
Hey

I wanted to let you know that Don't Panic and Okay NOW Panic are stories I return to time and time again. In fact, I'd say they are the best fanfic stories I have read over the years. Even though I could remember (most of) the plot, you still moved me to tears on many an occasion, had me laughing out loud and towards the end rolling my eyes as the blindness of Penny and Halladan. I very much commend you on the quality of your writing. Despite the long chapters, the text flows effortlessly, the narrative moves at a steady pace and the story is a pleasure to read. Your characters also deserve praise. The canon characters are in keeping with the books and you've written in wonderful original characters that enrich the story and are suitably well rounded and different that I never struggled to remember who was who. But most of all I commend you on Penny. She is in her weaknesses and strengths truly three dimension and so very human. It's easy to sympathise with her, easy to root for her, cry for her and laugh along side her. And Mary Sue she is not.

I know these stories were written years ago but I hope you are still writing. More importantly, I hope that you will one day turn to original fiction (if you haven't already done so). I can well imagine original fiction written by you would be equally wonderful.

Thanks again for great stories. And now, like always when I read these, I'm off to get my Lord of the Rings off the bookshelf.
Montara chapter 60 . 2/4
I can't believe it's over. So many days (and nights) I've read your wonderful story and now that I've reached the end it's hard to let go, which means I'll go back and read it again soon :D

Penny is her ancestor! Wow! That's so Twilight Zone but I like it!

Thank you so much for sharing your well written, well researched, with so many details story! Thank you!
2,424 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »