Reviews for Safeguard of the Magical World and Whatnot
TheQueenoftheNight chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
What an intriguing story! I may have thought of crossing over the Chrestomanci Universe and the Harry Potter Universe before, but I never would have thought to do a cross-over with Lucius Malfoy and Christopher Chant. What a divine idea! I love it - they are perfectly matched, like two sides of the same coin. Both tall and imperious, powerful, immaculate and imposing; one light, one dark, one good, and one evil.

My only complaint is that there was not enough of the story. ) Another couple of chapters would be nice, and you have also made me curious to see what would have happened had Chrestomanci taken Draco to the Castle.

Your writing is very elegant and descriptive, with a sense of humor more like Diana Wynne Jones's than JK Rowling's, which I like. Keep up the good work, and do write another chapter for this one if you ever feel inspired!
Bye. See ya. Or not chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
hmm... very good... interesting...

there's potential here, isn't there? lol if you ever run out of ideas you could tag on an extra chapter or two to this :D

bb xx
Tairona chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Oo ... I really liked this. It was just vague enough that it leads the mind to wonder about all sorts of things, without telling it what the definitive answer is. Okay, that sentence made no sense. Rephrase: I liked the vagueness of it ... hehe. And I never thought of Lucius and Chrestomanci coming together in a story, so this was definitely a unique read. And it was very well written! Multiple incarnations of Lucius Malfoy *shudders at the thought* ... hehe
Kithwynn chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
...I'm stunned that I've never reviewed this. This story, and its beautiful cracked-out premise combined with intricate execution has been making my life ever since I ran across it, maybe a year ago. I consistently bring it up as a shining example of what a mad crossover should be.

In other words: You rock my face.
Violet chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
This was gorgeous. Your writing flows with this utter sarcasm and elegance that many writers fail at - coming up with overflourished (is that a word?) sappiness. This is a brilliant crossover - Chrestomanci Chronicles and Harry Potter. You are a wonderful writer. -claps-
Laura chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
I read this when i read another of your stories and I am dissapointed you've made your stories so short. You have laid the foundation for some really great stories here, you just need to stick with them. Question: How is it that Hogwarts was destroyed generations ago and yet lucius and draco are still alive?
Nosy Rosy chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
I like the way you mixed the two books. It's kind of interesting, because they're both wizards and all. But what's this with the destruction of Hogwarts? And I don't really like the ending.
Tethered Serpent chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
:grins madly: I love this! Of all the wacked out pairings to try, this has got to be tops! Too bad there isn't more; I'd kind of like to read on. I doubt anyone else has tried it though... Pity.
bricoleur chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
darn it! I can't finish this now, for I'm not evan supposed to be on-line. (i'm in dusty tech class. i.e:indsutrial technolagy. a waste of time) anyways, i lvoe your story. If you have the time, could you read deadly mathmatics? (the first chapter, at least...?)
Helen chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
This is a great story. Any chance of you continuing it?
Caudex chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Unique and interesting. I laughed aloud quite a few times. Your humor is very subtle and, I think, very much like the humor in the Chrestomanci books. It's nice to see a new idea floating around. Good job.
Write on! . (get me to a punnery...)
Caudex