Reviews for The Lies I Never Told
Kami Strife chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
This. Is. AWESOME!

I love the way you characterized Squall and Laguna. Honestly, I personally wasn't sure how Squall would react to finding out 'Guna was his dad, and I certainly wasn't expecting him to become violent, but you - wow - it was just so Squall. Great job, and please continue writing!
Ryuuki Kisaki chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Aw. that was sweet. i love these kind of fics. _

i really liked it.
MajinBakaHentai chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
I liked it, that's really how I would see Squall reacting when he found out.

- mimi_sardinia
Hisime chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Kinda late to be reviewing, maybe. I ended up here by following other author's favorites, though, not backing through the archives, so maybe it's almost justifiable?

This was just... intense. I was completely caught up in the first half; Laguna's watching the clock and panicking had ME wanting to glance at the time, and every time another minute ticked, my insides clenched up a little more. His anxiety is portrayed amazingly well.

Squall seemed a little off to me, but we don't see him in a lot of (any?) situations where he's forced to interact with someone he actively dislikes in the game, so who can say? I still thought he seemed very Squall-ish. Really, the only thing I think seems a little ...I dunno, weird, maybe, is Squall's reaction following his initial outburst. Part of me thinks he'd run, like he does at points in the game, but, really, the story here wouldn't work if he did, would it? Besides, his breakdown works really well, and it doesn't seem out of character. ...heh.

Anyway, kudos for writing this so well! I have a really hard time writing intense emotions, and you write it so it reads easily, which probably takes considerable talent. Overall, I have no real complaints, and any grammatical errors that might be in here were missed completely because I was so into the story which, really, is what I love most. So, yay, you!

(...Here's hoping my review isn't eaten, which, unfortunately, happens a bit too often for my liking.)
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Squall was far more clever than that; he would've guessed the truth before Laguna's story was over. Besides, he's usually not so hostile towards people; his behavior - especially at the beginning of the fic - seemed slightly out of character. You portrayed Laguna perfectly, though. All in all, I liked the fic very much, it was well-written and not overly melodramatic. :) Thanks for sharing!
Maloire chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
M... yep, Squall's a tad bit upset by it all, huh? Hahah, yeah, major understatement! Anyway... poor 'guna, gettin' beat like that... ah well... shows character, huh?

Heh, I've read a few different views on this conversation, but, this's a different twist to the speculations! Heh! I thought Squall might've been able to put two and two together, and it's great to see others thinking that! Coolio... yup!

I liked a lot of the story! It's just... some parts were kinda, i dunno, over dramatic? Almost out of character... Ok, Squall's got a temper, and Laguna rambles and stuff... but this was a little hard to picture:

"Damn you," Squall whispered. "Damn you, Laguna Loire, for keeping this from me."

It just seems a lil unlikely for him to say things in that fashion, and yeah, i know, the whole subject was kinda up in the air, but... eh, i dunno...

One thing you might wanna look in to... :

Laguna knew that even were time to fly for him

~"even if time were" ? dunno, sentence sounds funny...?
Leonhart Zero chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
this really ma-ma-made me want to cry. oh hell.

(grabs a tissue and starts to squall)

(hah! I made a funny.) (miracles do happen.)
PistGurl chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
You know that feeling in your throat and the ache in your temples when your eyes are filling up with tears? Your fic gave me that...Aw...I feel really sorry for them both, and your fic showed everything that I felt about them..I love them both ToT
Tetra Seleno chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Well, since you said you uploaded this on the forum yesterday, I really have no choice but to review this, huh?
So, on to the fic... s'good. It's well-written, and the words are chosen nicely.
Squall's breakdown is possibly the highlight of all this; as try as I might to not imagine Squall blubbering like a baby, I can only expect as much from finding out that the man you hate is your father.
You really should write more for FF8; you keep Squall in-character in ways I haven't seen in awhile.
Hsumi chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Wow...that was...touching...and really, really good!