Reviews for The Second Incarnation can also be the Eighth
jeeves chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
you are my hero. for seriously.

-jeeves, the same as earlier.
TwiGo chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
Just read this for the first time. Great story. I like the perverted Valjean. It seems oddly, well... Let's just say it suits him quite well. Also, Zingarino. Isn't that Italian for Gypsy? I was confused as to why they would call him Gypsy in Italian rather than in French. But I'm probably just a moron. Never you mind me. Again, great story.
felix-hortensio chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
slurp.
windowpane chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Yeah... I thought that it would be a good idea to read some of you're stories but this one was probably not a good one to start out with, seeing as how I am a bit confused right now. But anyway I can tell that it is well written because of the grammar and stuff, but the only thing I don't like (other than being extremely confused) is Valjean as a petifileish character, but that's probably some sort of inside joke. Over all I think that this story is over my head but well written. Sorry about wasting your valuable time with this pointless review.
Dostoevsky's Mouse chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Oh my lord. This is... brilliantly unique and amusing. I love the opening with the hat, and your description of Javert's cat actually beats out Joyce's description of Bloom's, which I had previously regarded as the epitome of in-character felinity. The high points of the fic have already been mentioned - Krishna's little rant, Valjean saying he'll "be good," and the description of such disorder as could only be effected by a student - but they're worth mentioning again. Heh. I also love Javert's battle with his conscience. "Well, no. I am a detective, after all."
I think the best part about this story is the way you wrote Krishna. Your descriptions of him are alluring but not without subtlety, and he is the perfect image of a Javert Junior: a mirror of his father's chilly, tactless, hot-tempered, and self-righteous character, and yet completely at odds with his father's views. Of course, Horny Old Goat Valjean doesn't hurt either. ;)
And as much as I'd love to see sequels or prequels to this, there's a definite charm in the simplicity and completeness of it as a stand-alone story. It's going in my favorites. Great piece.
PatchworkDK chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
I really don't see why this is MY fault. YOU are the one who took the plotbunny back. It was perfectly happy here, if Lt. Moncrieff-corrupted. The blame is yours I'm afraid. :)
Nevertheless, thank you for the fic. It's... most amusing. Especially all the repititons of "I'll be good." The idea of Saint Madeleine asserting his goodness like a naughty schoolboy amuses me to no end.
Krishna amuses me as well. Especially his little speech, which is 100% Hugo. Like Marius, except with a brain (which, of course, would make him not Marius). Though I would say using vous with your father is a little harsh, but as Javert doesn't seem upset by it, it'll pass.
"It was a profound and fundamental disorder the likes of which could only be inflicted on a helpless apartment by one dreadful force in the great Universe: a student." - this is funny. True. But funny.
And the crowning achievement of this story: HornyOldPoodle!Valjean. Heh. Heh. Heh.
La Pamplemousse chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Well, THAT made me see Valjean in a different light. With all the years spent in prison, though...
I would love to see a prequel or a sequal!
Mlle. Verity le Virago chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Hilarious. You portrayed Valjean like...that. Unfortunantly, people in the other room are going to ask why I'm laughing soon.
Jemi chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
I rather like Horny Old Goat Valjean. It suits him well.
I liked this story v. much so here is a little dance for you. *dances*
randomglitter chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
"I wish to have beautiful, charming young women around me and handsome young men, too, coquettes and idlers whose mouths have never tasted foul words like “recidivist,