Reviews for A Marooned Sparrow
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Hmm, interesting. You gave some new reasons that Barbossa and the crew perhaps marooned him for. Maybe that's why he's got kohl and long hair and beard and stuff; makes him look older and more experienced. Good thought!
ellennar chapter 1 . 12/17/2004
I can't believe I never read this one before. Very, very nice as usual. The image of a clean shaven, immaculate young Jack is highly amusing. I hope you have so more wonderful works in store for us.
NikiH chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
Since I enjoyed Before the Dawn, I've decided to read through the rest of your works. And I must say that you've earned your spot on my favorite author's list.

This was incredible. I've read other "what happened on the island" pieces, but none of them seemed to resonate quite right. You, however, have done an excellent job of capturing a young and rather naive Jack Sparrow. Lovely job!
BlackJackSilver chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
Hello FalconWing! Wanted to thank you for the review and return the favor. I can't believe you are 15. You write like you have been writing longer than that! I like your concept that Jack's marooning was pivotal in creating the Jack we know. Very nicely realized.
geekmama chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
This was excellent. I like the idea that Jack wasn't always so piratey looking-that he had to work at it. The construction of the story was very good, moving along with just the right pacing.

I'm going to bookmark your longer fic to read later-I know you've been posting it at the group site, and I just haven't had a chance to read it yet. Soon, though. You write very well!

OT: Thanks for the review of Last Night-I wasn't going to post it to as it has elements from my longer Harry & the Pirate fics, but then I thought, what the hey? Glad you liked it!
Stefen chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
That was good. Write more. Yay!
Savvyness chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
An interesting delve into Jack's last stay on the godforsaken spit of land, although he may have been feeling the effects of no food or water a bit more after three days.
Very good though.
me who sits behind you in French sorry bit wary about posting my name online I'll think of a name soon. . hopefully chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
HA! I found the webpage! Not so new to the World Wide Web (eh?) after all! MUAHAH!
OK, that was really cool! I like it! I think the story's great, I love your discriptions, and the way there's always something happening, not like some other stories... ...*walks away muttering something about her essays* ;)
Alaawya chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Hey, brilliant story. Loved how you managed to use it as a way of explaining Jack's changing appearance - I've always wondered how that came about. Great viewpoint.
The short paragraphs make it extremely easy to read too, which is a bonus D ...
Looking forward to more of your fics ;)
chrissy.h. guess who hel chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
hihi!
wonderful wonderful.
hehe, hello everyone who read this, and it's good you did, coz it's doing a lot to your brain...
expanding i se fellow fanfic lovers.
your writing style is great and you're very clear on your ideas and i can follow you well.
a little more talking between people would be interesting on character relationships though...see you tomorrow at the party, (and don't forget that i wanna read more of these!)
a REAL potc fan u r !
keep going!
from me!
Chem chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Good story for the most part, although I think by firing his pistol he would have wasted the powder that came with it and since he carried "no additional shot nor powder" he really can't afford to waste it. Just a thought...
Lunatic chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Hey first thank you for reviewing my story :) Now onto yours
~
I like it a lot. I'm playing myself with the idea to write a 3 chapter story about Jack 3 days on the island. I really like that idea of Jack first being the pretty boy and than changing his entire look to show that he is, in fact, the best pirate ever seen _
~
Maybe you could add a lil bit more about his confusion/bewilderment/anger of being marooned in the first place
RMT chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Very well written.
Moonshiner chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Very good, well-written. You captured his boredom well, and you delicately handled the way Jack's thoughts turned to the possibility of freeing himself by commiting suicide.
I got a little confused with the Barbossa bit, but I'm guessing Jack's having a 'flashback dream'?
I also think you should have described the arrival of the rumrunners a little bit more, perhaps you could describe the way Jack's hopes suddenly rose and his heart felt lightened with the possibility of being rescued?
To sum things up: a very enjoyable short fic that has the quality to allow it to stand on its own as a successful one-shot. Well done.
love2rite chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
:) I was going to say "Wait, he had his boots and coat with him when he came into Port Royal...then realized where you were going with it. ;) I savvy. Not bad ;)