Reviews for Brothers, Fathers, Sons and Daughters
Great story! You did wonderfully with this, thank you!
IHeartSam chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
Beautiful ending
Guest chapter 10 . 12/30/2012
... Wow! That. Was. Amazing. Thank you so much for posting it! You have everything I could possible want in it! You have Faramir and Boromir bonding, Denethor realizing that Faramir is amazing, torture, a tastefully done non-cannon FEMALE character! ( I was SO happy to see this! The second I saw that the general had a daughter, my marysue alert went off. I am so happy I kept reading! You totally did an amazing original character!), you fit the story into the timeline, the plot is wonderful, the plot and character development is amazing! Great job! And thanks so much for sharing your talent with all of us! ]
LadyWallace chapter 10 . 7/7/2011
I really liked this story a lot. I love stories with Boromir and Faramir with that brotherly comradeship shown. This was one of the best, I think. I really liked the flash-backs as well and also loved how you portrayed Faramir as a strong character. I'm a real fan of the ones where he saves Boromir. Definitely one of my favorite LOTR stories!
Nanuk chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I absolutely adore this story. It's got everything I'm looking for: drama, brilliant characterization, good plot, wonderful descriptions and of course my two favourite characters. :)) I loved the story from beginning to end, even when I was a bit saddened that I couldn't have more from Boromir's POV (which I understand, since he was "unavailable" for most of the story :))

Gorgeous, brilliant, perfectly done! Thanks so much!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 10 . 2/4/2011
Amazing piece of work. I loved how you tied in Shushuah's fate in the end. And Faramir was epically awesome. I loved it all:D Brava!
Sakura123 chapter 10 . 3/6/2010
This was quite a fantastic story, one I certainly wasn't expecting to enjoy as much I did. I loved what you did with the Haradrim and how you expanded their characters beyond those fellows who I vaguely remember from the books and can recall quite easily from the film(s), riding the Mûmakil (if you get my meanin').

The tension in concerns to Boromir's situation was so perfect and believable, that I actually found myself muttering in a panic "Oh, he's doomed! Where's Faramir?" But it also made it all the more rewarding when Faramir finally comes to his rescue.

Shushuah was a very sympathetic character I could connect to, especially whenever she was tending to Boromir (your constant description of his green eyes and blonde hair, plus the semi-lack of referring to him by his name until Shushuah learned it from Faramir, made me forget I was reading a LOTR fanfiction and made think of Sean Bean's Richard Sharpe persona), or whenever she butted heads with her father (so to speak). I kept wondering if she would ever show up again after she was taken away and when she did, I got all teary-eyed.

Overall, I enjoyed this story alot.

sirensbane chapter 9 . 8/4/2009
"You look terrible." Ha ha ha.

And I loved the way Denethor was momentarily softened by the sight of BOTH his sons. It shows that despite his general jerkness, he does have a heart.

This story is excellent, and I am glad that I started reading it.
sirensbane chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
I LOVED this chapter, especially the dialogue between Boromir and Faramir. There are so few scenes in the movie and books were they can show their love for each other, even though it is mentioned several times that they are very close. Thanks for this, and I look forward to reading more.

Oh, and about Sean Bean and David Wenham...I totally sympathize.
peersrogue chapter 10 . 3/15/2009
Brilliant and exciting story. Really enjoyed the way you drew the characters of the brothers and the delightful Shushuah.

Too sad that darling Boromir still died at that wretched Amon Hen place. Was hoping it was AU and he was living happily and peacefully in Gondor with lots of little Boromirs running around. Ah well, many thanks for a lovely story.
asdfjkl chapter 10 . 2/24/2008
loved it! all of the characters were perfectly done. i love tough faramir! i also liked how shuah didnt fall in love with boromir. she didnt have to be in love with him to truly want to help him and do the right thing. all to often fanfic writers connect being nice to someone or being loyal to them to being "in love." thanks for understanding that distinction.

keep writing. i loved it.
Not2BForgotten chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Oh...I'm hoked...EXCELLENT chapter!
Timmy2222 chapter 10 . 9/12/2005
This was wonderful in the true sense of the meaning. I love how you developed the story, how you brought it along, and though one might say it's a solely H&C story, I consider it to be far more. I share your view, as you know, so this was a really good read.

The Epilogue is sad and very sweet at the same time.

I'm glad you shared this story with us all.

- T.
WindStar chapter 10 . 9/10/2005
great story. *bows to you*
irene chapter 10 . 2/2/2005
A wonderful story, thank you very much! A truly ingenious plot. Of course, tortured Boromir is a bit hard to bear but hey, in countless fics always Faramir is the tortured one so it's interesting to see it can happen to Boromir also. And little brother coming to his rescue and not vice versa - this also is new and very refreshing and satisfying indeed.

Loved the end. Although sad, there is such a quality to it the reader is left somehow happy. Great job!