Reviews for The Faithful
Tonnerre chapter 6 . 12/6/2008
Is this the end? Lord I hoped to see more of thier adventures throught you seedydeedee. But still marvelous.
Tonnerre chapter 3 . 12/6/2008
He said his first words! Better write that down Kain.
Tonnerre chapter 2 . 12/6/2008
If I didn't know the outcome I would be just as nervous as Kain. You set the tone well. Kain nervous is no longer something I can't fathom.
BearFaced Entertainment chapter 6 . 2/14/2008
well its been like oh 4 years since i read the begining of this and ive finally read the end and its brilliant.
AJCMetallica chapter 6 . 9/29/2007
So far the first fic I've read on the birth and rise of Kain's Lieutenants and I must say, any others I may read will have a very hard time besting this masterpiece.

Beutifully delivered, deliciously in character for Kain and magnificently paced in six tasty chunks. I loved most of the descriptive work and Kain's thoughts on Raziel and his own condition. My only real concern with this is that Raziel seemed to be bettering Kain too much.

Although I like Raziel, I've always preferred Kain for his sheer awesome-ness and this fic did little to please me in that respect. I was half wanting Kain to break the little insubordinate's neck for him but I digress.

All in all, a very satisfying read that was most enjoyable (maybe even enough for a second read very soon), exciting and well thought out. I should hope to see more examples of such fine writing soon.

And if it helps your ego, I'm ever-so-very jealous of your amazing writing ability!
KuriCurry chapter 4 . 3/8/2006
Couple of mistypes that could easily stand being unnoticed. You can almost be a writer in one of the manuals of this game, the parts that further explain what had happened? I assure you, your story is worth the read... (read it twice cause I enjoyed it so)

Hope to encounter more of your fictions soon...

It's so like my Raziel to seem so arrogant...!

Elven High Priestess of Procrastination (E.H. .)

Rikun
VladimirsAngel chapter 6 . 4/6/2005
Raziel's reaction. *falls over* That was so skillfully done! I loved the timing of it - there was just enough pace between his questions to Kain and just the right amount of "room response" to his words. Love it. Love it.

The development of Kain's eldest here is fascinating - as a Raz fangirl I just lap this sort of stuff up, you know this - and to see it through the (*at times) dispassionate eyes of your Kain is so refreshing.

Write more, woman! Unless *cough* you've been distracted by custard again...
Jmartinz chapter 6 . 4/5/2005
Nice Fic, you got the younger Kain's POV just right, the whole fice moved along smoothley. Thanks!
gryps incedio chapter 6 . 4/4/2005
This is a very different view of what I had of the genesis of the brothers.

I like it.

Nice and gorey.
Varyssa chapter 6 . 4/4/2005
Wow! That was really really really really really REALLY good. You captured Kain so well! Plus I loved the way Raziel was potrayed, oh and did I mention it was good? x
Rectifier chapter 6 . 4/3/2005
I must say I'm impressed, and hope there will be much more of your story. Your depictions of Kain and Raziel are excellent, if what we were given in the game series is anything to go by. I almost wish they would make a game that took place before the whole fiasco with the wings, and lead up to it. Might be interesting.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and don't keep us waiting long.
LuceOmbra chapter 6 . 4/3/2005
Beautiful, simply and utterly beautiful. This deserves a sequel.
Syvia chapter 5 . 11/8/2004
*SQUE!*

*pounces the chapter and reads it to death*

*pounces you and huggles you to death*

I love it, and since I love it (I hope you don't mind) I'm going to give you some serious critique.

The battle was well described and I like Kain's reckless impulses- you're in character and you stay that way. *bows* It's interesting to see Kain be so understanding- and interesting to see each of the Lts in action.

You portray each of them respectfully, and I love that about your story- you know what you're doing, and I'm content to sit back and let you take me wherever the story goes.

*goes back to re-read from the beginning*
Smoke chapter 5 . 11/8/2004
Oh, nice. You could've mentioned Kain taking some blood early in the battle, since he was not in top form.

I just love how you're setting up the dynamic between Kain and Raziel. Raziel is the most loyal, but also capable of ruling. Very prince-like, I think. It's especially nice to see how their relationship has nothing to do with... warm fuzzies, for not wanting to use a better word.
Spectral Sereda chapter 5 . 11/8/2004
I know this is getting repetitive, but the descriptions in this are a joy, "to bask in the flume of red spray that their eager claws released". M, that is so evocotive, so wonderfully Kain. Raziel as an efficient, brutal killing machine is just wonderful. I really liked the way you have most of the Lieutenants working together here, just like they do at the end of SR2. The developing situation between Kain and Raziel is also very promising. One teeny, tiny nit-pick, there are a couple of occasions where you use words or phrases that seem a little too modern or colloquial, where the narrator doesn't quite sound like Kain, to me. Apart form that, the only thing missing is the next installment. I await it eagerly.