Reviews for Scars
isilme222 chapter 32 . 12/1/2007
please update if you are able, as i have missed this fic.

Lyn
Catmint chapter 32 . 7/5/2006
Oh, more excellent stuff! This is really vivid, powerful writing and I love your portrayal of the characters. The pain and fear in particular is really strong.
grumpy123 chapter 32 . 6/25/2006
Yeah they all live. They really should not scare por Elrohir like that. Him just getting better, the shock of it, could have killed him too. Hope to see Elladan and Estel in a big bear hug soon.
Apsenniel chapter 32 . 6/25/2006
I went back and re-read chapter 31, then chapter 32. My husband is giving me odd looks because I'm sitting here sniffling and wiping at my eyes. What a great story! Legolas's dream sequence was amazing...beautiful. And now...Estel lives, Legolas lives, Elladan lives, they all live! I love the picture you created in my mind of the three of them laying down together, an elf on either side of Estel...very moving.
lindahoyland chapter 32 . 6/25/2006
Welcome back, I have missed you !This was a very moving chapter,especially the image of the three linked together.
Ithil-valon chapter 32 . 6/24/2006
Oh yea! A favorite story updated at last! :) Welcome back, my friend!

/For a long time he just lay there, soaking in the splendor of the nature surrounding him, as if he was some long, weary traveler finally returning home after a lengthy sojourn abroad./ I found this line to be just so evocative!

/And with these thoughts, a keening cry of anguish caught within his dry throat causing Elrohir to draw away quickly in startled response./ Ack, this is so heartbreaking! This is one of the most emotional stories I've ever read!

/Yet, you could not hide from Father nor me the gentle spirit which guided your heart./ You're making me cry here.

Be at peace now, dearest Elladan, for there is none more deserving than you of such rest...” / *Sob*

/under whose comforting branches a recovering Legolas and Aragorn now rested against its wide trunk ./ I anxiously await the happy reunion! Such joy that they all live!

Deana chapter 32 . 6/23/2006
YOU POSTED! (faints) Great chapter! I can't wait for 33! Don't take too long with that one please! ;)
kestrels chapter 31 . 6/19/2006
Argh! I just discovered this story, and WOW! What a wonderful tale...but please, update? Please don't let our heroes continue in such a state of limbo. (Okay, I'll beg. Begging! Please update! Puh-leaze?)
Quickbeam1 chapter 31 . 3/27/2006
Yes, it's me trying to boost my review numbers... Lol!

Since I don't have a way of contacting you, Nerfenherder, I wanted to congratulate you on the birth of your daughter. I know you must have your hands full with two little ones. It must be a wonderful time even if you are busy. Enjoy! Some of my favorite moments as a family were when my two were very young.

Your kind words always mean a lot to me. Thank you!
Nerfenherder chapter 31 . 3/26/2006
Grumpy’s review gave me a chuckle. Again, this is a lovely chapter. Your titles and way of story telling had me very worried. So, I thank you for “one recovering Ranger and three healing Elves”.

Your dream sequence was fascinating. I was touched by Legolas’s care and sacrifice for his friend. I looked up Nienna in the Encyclopedia of Arda online. And I read both of the Hans Christian Anderson stories and appreciate you sharing them. I eagerly await your next chapters…
Nerfenderder chapter 30 . 3/26/2006
A belated Thank you for these absolutely breathtaking chapters! They were a wonderful Christmas season gift. We delivered a healthy baby girl shortly after you posted and have had several projects, visiting relatives, and activities that have kept me from reviewing sooner – I apologize. Believe me, I have not lost any of my enthusiasm for your stories.

This was an amazing chapter. I have read it several times and it deepens with each reading. I had wondered where you were going with the flowers and loved how you used them:

“…his grave covered over with Galanthus…Their fragrant aroma rising up to perfume the air like a balm which restores the soul….If only you could breathe in their fresh scent now … If only you could see again how their once proud, yet humbled heads have pushed through the earth’s cold crust to let the world know that hope can take hold even in the darkest of places…that all is never lost when hope abides…”

I love your use symbolism and appreciate the research you put into your writing. I feel like I learn something whenever I read it. (Like the Latin meaning for Galanthus – such a nice touch.)

This whole chapter was spectacularly moving and well written. Elladan so needed to share all of this. And Aragorn so needed to hear it (How much did he actually hear? One wonders.)

I truly empathize with real life’s very real challenges. I hope you and your family are well. I treasure this story and will be with you to its very end (I do hope you are able to give it many more chapters.)
Ithil-valon chapter 31 . 1/4/2006
You, my friend, are truly a writer. I can string words together to tell a tale or evoke an emotion, but you make words sing, and that is truly a gift!

/Galanthus, Estel. It spoke of hope then….even in the depths of grief and despair, it let us know that life continues on…that no force, no matter how dark or great…can keep that from us…I will not let go of this truth, brother, but will carry with me as a legacy to you until I draw my very last breath…”/ This was absolutely beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

Speaking of tears, throughout Legolas' dream I was drawn into his grief and loyalty so strongly that I found myself holding my breath as I read. Agian, I can only bow to your ability to write with such depth and multi-faceted angles. That is not worded well, but I seem to lack the ability to make myself understood today. Just know that I continue to love reading what you write and find myself in awe of your ability.
Gathering blue chapter 31 . 1/2/2006
Fantastic writing! I can't wait to read more! You and Cat7 are my favorite Aragorn/Estel writers. This is an incredible story. I am so glad you have returned to it!
lindahoyland chapter 31 . 1/2/2006
This was very moving and reminded me of the death of King Arthur.I was so relieved to read the last paragragh as I feared you had actually killed Aragorn !

I loved the way that Legolas insisted ARagorn take the once place on the ship,
grumpy123 chapter 31 . 1/1/2006
He lives, and the flowers helped, well maybe Legolas did too. But I think Elladan should go pick a bunch of those flowers. One should always brings flowers to the sick.