Reviews for And One Go ALone
I-LOVE-VEGETA chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
lol, GREAT idea, i'm sure i'm going to love the fic! (as soon as i actually read it, lol) can't wait!
ElijahD.R chapter 10 . 5/13/2005
He! WOW!

hyper! UPDATESON!

Forever Faithful and Devoted Fan, ELIJAH D.R.!
Elijah D. R chapter 10 . 5/6/2005
Just checkin' in again. I finally got an email account so if you're still willing to email me you can. Remember to update soon!

-Devoted Fan Forever (now with an email account)-

Elijah D.R chapter 10 . 5/2/2005
UPDATE D #N YOU! School is almost over and chances are that after I get out I won't have access to the internet that often. I really enjoy your story and during your absence I took the time to read all of Tamora Pierce's books. Do you know how many that is? It's like 14! I've read fourteen books while (plus a whole lot more) while I waited for you to post ONE chapter!

WRITE MORE!

-Devoted Fan (Still) Forever,-

Elijah D. R chapter 10 . 3/21/2005
HelloIamreallyhyper! (lol) Sorry. Yes, it is I, Elijah D.R. I just read the first two Song of the Lioness books and I am impressed. I never would have seen the conection between Duke Roger and the Dark Rider. But it is so obvious. Hope you post really soon cuz' I can't wait to read more. -Still your Devoted Fan Forever-

-Elijah D.R.-
Maiden of the BH chapter 10 . 2/23/2005
Aww man! I got to the last chapter already? I was just about to go to the next chapter when I noticed that there wasn't one, so I decided to review instead.

This story is great! It's been years since I read either of these series', but I think I'll try to read each of them again within the year because of this story.

Humm, since I can't remember The Dark is Rising very well, I'm curious about the words you're having Will say in order to work magic. Are you getting them from the books? I don't remember him speaking in the Old Speech that much. Some of the stuff you've written looks like Latin, but you're not writing in Latin. I'm just curious where all of this is coming from.

The way this last chapter ended was very annoying. It's going to keep me wondering until you write the next chapter so I can see if Will will learn if Allana is a girl or not yet. Please write the next chapter soon!
Elijah D. R chapter 10 . 2/20/2005
Gr! You annoying little-! No. Must stay calm! *through gritted teeth* Hello norah-hunt. I have not heard from you in a while... One might think you were dead or HAD A WISH TO BE SO!

(HA HA HA HA HA!) Just kidding. But seriously, what's up? Why haven't you updated? I wanna keep reading!

-Your Most Devoted Fan, Elijah D. R.-
Rikki Felidae chapter 10 . 2/17/2005
I like, I like. Keep Updateing, I like!
Elijah D. R chapter 10 . 2/9/2005
Ugh... Hello? Are you still alive? It's been what seems like forever since you last updated. I feel so sad! :( PWEASE PWEASE PWEASE PWEASE PWEASE! Update!

Your Most Devoted Fan
Eldrice chapter 10 . 1/7/2005
Oh, gosh, I'm so ashamed. Here you updated for the first time IN FIVE MONTHS, and I forgot to review! Cringes. Sorry. The only excuse I have is when I saw you updated I hadn't slept for two days . . . pathetic excuse, I know.

George George George! I love this man, I really truly do. The way he snuck into the castle is exactly true to his character, as is Jon's complicity. I think Alanna would've been a little annoyed, however, at not being included in the plan ; ).

Stupid Roger. The way he flatters is just sickening. Evil snake. You did a good job capturing the way he speaks like a slimy politician, pleasing everyone but not really saying anything.

So, I haven't actually gotten around to re-reading the books yet, and probably won't for some time. I'm a little confused about when this story is occuring. My fault, not yours. Is it during the 2nd book? Is this the same conflict from that book, or something new? And I'm assuming Jon and Alanna aren't lovers yet? Help!

Please please PLEASE don't wait another 5 months to update : (. Now I know why I waited so long to review! So that I could goad you along in the writing process. : ).
light-maiden chapter 4 . 12/29/2004
Great Mother Goddess!

you are fantastical and wonderful and I fully revere you... Wow - so many goosebumps, and so little idea of where to start (warning: I become fanatical when my favourite things in the world are combined)

a. you write beautifully, and as such it is a pleasure to read, even without the blending of two of my favourite fantasies of all time

b. (ware fanatism) DARK IS RISING AND ALANNA! I LIVED THOSE BOOKS, I LIVED IN THEM FOR SO, SO LONG, MY FRIENDS HAVE ONLY JUST GOT OVER CALLING ME ALANNA (i grew :() AND I CANNOT IMAGINE A COOPERLESS WORLD

c. you blend the mysteries of both so very well that I found myself with severe goosebumps even a few lines in... and as for the scene in the hall..all of it, from Merriman's perfectly characterised reprimand to the places of both in both worlds, well, wow

I am utterly enveloped in a light-drenched Tortal already, longing for more and utterly convinced that you will do both complete justice

Well done, please post more soon, and thank you ever so much

xx

Lucinda
abumblebee chapter 5 . 12/28/2004
It's a good story. An interesting crossover. I thought I'd check it out. I'm trying to write one with a friend, and it's good to find different ways of incorporating both stories. I like this one. :D Will's pseudonym is really clever. There were a few minor spelling/grammer errors, but no blaring errors. The story line is really great. Keep it up!
A-man chapter 10 . 12/25/2004
UPDATE!
SilentTearsRingLoudest chapter 10 . 12/18/2004
Very well, I enjoy it. All told a most graceful crossover, though truth be told I liked Cooper and Pierce better in the old days. I do not think that Roger's character lends itself well to what you have made him, but it does provide fertile ground for a powerful confrontation, I will grant. It is a distinct...er...letdown when Alanna promptly forgets her dream upon awakening, much the way Cooper writes, I suppose. I would advise against trying to detail Will's spell-speach, as it is really a language you do not know and through a simple literary device you can avoid making your work resemble Harry Potter. May I also add, with all pettiness, that the term 'ok' is a Tortallan anachronism, that 'anyways' is not a word, and that you could lend a touch more care to your spelling and to not leaving out commas, words, and phrases. As I do not wish to end on that note, I did enjoy it. This is perhaps evidenced by the fact that I read all ten chapters. I appreciate the expansion of Faithful's character immensely. He is now faintly reminiscent of Mogget. Have you read Nix's Old Kingdom books? You ought, if you have not. Go well, and may your stars not fade.

-SilentTearsRingLoudest,

and the night is dark.

I hope I do not sound overly obnoxious in either my comments or my diction. The first is an attempt to be useful, the second my nature.
BlindSeer chapter 10 . 12/14/2004
GAAH! Cliff Hanger!

I know I should be studying for finals but I love this story! It's been a long time since I've read either story, but your writing brings all the memories back. Please, please please don't let it hang and die like some of the other great fan stories in "The Dark is Rising" Sequence.
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »