Reviews for Cause and Effect, My Love
slightlyxjaded chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
Wow! Another one of your more artistic pieces. You excelled at letting us look into Remy's mind, which appears to be a confused and warring place. I am a bit disheartened that the envelope will not be found and Rogue will not know that Remy was in her room. Alas, I doubt either will bother Remy much. Anyways, this was truly another fantastic work by you. Thanks so much for writing it!
The-Purple-Bunny-Girl chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
oh wow that was crazy good sad and lovely and wonderfully written
Sugahroc57 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
The hairs from the back of my neck are still standing... Oh Wow.. So tragically beautiful, it conveyed so much emotion that It makes you think, how can someone really live everyday in the cross line of love and heartache.. It has to be unbearable.. Anyways, thanks for another awesome chill binding fic!
scribblemyname chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I read this one a while back, and it still tugs on my heart just as much. First, let me say your tone and word choice just rolls right along, and I feel like I'm drowning in the story in his emotions as he deals with his feelings for Rogue. And I absolutely hate that the envelope fell and she'll never see it. She NEEDS to see it! What does it say? Who was her father and what was it exactly he was having Remy do? :growls: So many questions, but so beautifully executed I don't HAVE to have them answered. You're amazing as always.
Qualia Des chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Beautiful story!
Ginger Nicely chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
You have written an excellent tale here. Not just in the composition of the plot and the characterization but especially in the way you string words together. Magical, like alchemy, creating more than "fool's gold" in my opinion. I come back to this story time and again and I apologize for not reviewing it sooner. What a beautiful piece of art you have created.
IvyZoe chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Lovedi t! Simply loved it! I have read this like a bout a million times...yet I find that I am embarrased to admit that I have never reviewed it! Shame on me,...really...shame on me.

Well...it was great. I am assuming that this peice takes place after the Antartica non-sense...when Remy was staying in the boathouse.

What was in the letter though? And how did Remy ever come in contact with Ropgue's father?

by the sound of him...it seems that ROgue's dear old dad was aman that was up to no good. A mobster maybe?

ANywya...I know it will never happen but maybe soemday we can find out what excatly was in the letter and Remy came to know Rogue's dad. PLEASE!

Anywya...great stuff.

Hope to see more of your work soon.
Jadesfire chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
This was pretty powerful stuff. As noted elsewhere, you've got a really good eye/ear/nose for atmosphere and capture all the scenes with such intense vividness. I also had to read this a few times to figure out what the heck was going on, but it was none the worse for that. One thing to watch out for is that a list does not an image make (necessarily!). It can be used very effectively for effect, as you do here, but don't rely on it too much for saying what you want to say. When you let yourself go (like the 'flying' part) you don't need too much detail, just the overwhelming emotions of the scene.

This also showed a really good control of the present tense - sounds like an odd compliment but I find it almost impossible to sustain more than a paragraph without slipping back into the past tense. It's a skill to hone and use wisely!

I'm not sure I enjoyed this, but then I'm not sure I was meant to. It was a great little vignette and an interesting take on the relationship. Good stuff!

Jx
Elle457 chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
so intense and powerful
Five-Farthings chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
Nice. Very nice. Another amazing piece of work. The ending was excellent. Only, what, four lines? But it closed and concluded it oh so brilliantly.

Only one thing- Lily of the Valley. Where did you get the 'L’eau d’Issey' translation from? I only ask becuase I used to be employed by a French lady for Crabtree and Evelyn (their Rosewater is divine!) and Lily of the Valley is sold as part of their English Florals range, and it has the French on the back of the boxes, and the common form translation is 'Muguet'.

Just wondering...
Abaiisiia chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Whoa, that was wierdly good.
melancholic chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
*gapes* I think that this piece of writing is one of the most elaborate things I've read - you've impressed me so much by how you wove your words together and how you made writing in the present tense all work. This is great - you're great, I can tell. I visited your website and saw your artworks as well - I'm speechless. Wow. Please continue...
toturnagain chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Ludi, you are quite evil. I thought you said your creative juice ran out!
Of course, I spent a good deal of time reading and rereading this just to see what the hell it was about.
I found that the best way to read it was to do so late at night and get in the same physical state as Remy during the majority of this piece. I could feel the night air out of Room 5, I could imagine the legs dragging across the floor of the mansion in the morning light...
And despite the outcome at the end, I was proud of Remy for being such a big boy and freakin' moving on. You kept alluding to his childlike behaviour and for some reason that stuck with me. Can I beg you to write a follow up?
Favourites:
The part about Jean-Luc and Remy's 'inane, eclectic, reckless childhood'. And the allusion to John Donne. Shivers down me back, verily.
Remy as the incubus. I may play with that, if you don't mind.
The end was perfect, as always. I am ever in envy of your ability.
By the way, I saw your picture gallery and 'wow' doesn't do it justice. 'Good Holy God! You're the Michaelangelo of X-Men!' is more like it.
Patchverse-SheCat chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Really a treat. I loved this. I especially loved the little contradictions in it, whether or not she forgot him or what they decided, how you compared love to death and life at the same time...lovely work. I really liked the refernece to the green bottle as well. Aw, what the hell, I loved the whole dang thing.
Roguish Smile chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I can't think of anything better to describe!