Reviews for Perchance to Dream
Aludra chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
I really loved this story. It was bittersweet, but it was wonderful. The concept of Kana dreaming of Hatori is a good one, and it is very well written.
LunaSeasMoonChild chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
aw... somehow, i found the last part funny...
r.l chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
i liked the last line. it made me laugh, sorta. :D poor kana...she must be really confused.
KimonoQueen chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
*slight smile*

that was sweet
Janni-chan1 chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
This was a really good one shot fic. Most of the time I feel as though there's a cliffhanger at the end of one-shots and I want to read more, but this ended perfectly. It's interesting to think that maybe in her dreams Kana remembers her loving days with Hatori. I hope someday she does ask him about seahorses...
RayJay chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
I loved this! It shows the true character of Kana and what she feels even after she looses her memories of Hatori ( I wouldn't ever want to part with those!) I love the episode with Hatori and Kana. It was truly beautiful and I actually cried when he had to erase her memories... Kind of sad yes but that shows how much I love it! You need to do more one shots like this but right now I hope and pray that you will finish 'Of Gods and Monsters' because I'm at a KILLER cliffhanger! Lol! Just kiddn'! I'm waiting patiently ;)
fireblazie chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
You know, Hatori's story is truly one of the most emotional ones I've ever had a chance to read. I was *crying* when I read it in Volume 2, and I'm already beginning to tear up as I'm reading this. It was a great story, a nice insight into what Kana might be feeling..
Shadowfax chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Oh, so good. You've captured Kana quite well, in my humble opinion. ;b Nice emotional tension also. And the wierd thing is, I always think of Furuba when I hear that song... There's one line that I think goes "freedom is a kiss, but the prince hides his face from these dreams in the mist" that makes me think of Yuki. ]
Evanscent chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Niamh! You never told me you uploaded this! Oh well, I found it. D
I really liked this piece. I know, I like all your pieces. But this one reminds me of memories of times past with an old loved one. Stirred some pretty good emotions I've tried to strangle down. You remember all the little things, and some of the bigger things, and it just feels like the memory itself makes it all that more potent.
Is it absence makes the heart grow fonder?
Or do memories themselves just taste all that sweeter?
The last line is good. Ironic. Good sound to leave on. Very well done, hon! You've done it again.
ElfinKat chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I thought Hari had grey eyes? Maybe, I have bad memory... *shrugs* Not important anyway.
I remember that episode. Though I thought more on Hotori's feelings about the whole thing rather than Kana's. Interesting though. I think the character I'm most curious about is Akito and Ayame. I wonder if there is a serious side to Ayame or if he's really just as he appears in the anime. And really big on Akito. Why would everyone fear him as they do? Yuki has a scarred past with him and all, but he really shouldn't be afraid of him now, especially when he's so frail...
bleh... sorry am sick and prone to rambling...
I like the fic. I like Kana. I hope that she does ask him about it one day, though it'll be a icky situation with her being married and all, still... is something that I think he should know. Or not?
Maelinthia chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
You did such a great job getting into the head of Kana; viewing the anime only got to allow us to see Hatori's viewpoint. It shows, though, that while Hatori can erase a person's mind, he most likely cannot erase their heart ;)
My only crit is that, in keeping with Japanese naming themes and whatnot, she'd probably call him Sohma Hatori Sensei instead of 'Dr.' But that's me being picky ;) so don't mind that :D
But I don't know what I'd do if I started having reoccuring dreams about another man :(
Futago no Ai chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
I was so near tears reading this until the last line: seahorses. Tis a good fanfiction though and from a creative point of view.
Sharibet chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Oh, that was lovely...one of the things I adore about Fruits Basket is the undercurrent of real emotional jeopardy running through most of the stories. You've picked up on that so well in this story!
And Hatori is one of my favorite characters-nice to see his past getting some attention. This was lovely and poignant, perfectly in keeping with the series.