Reviews for The Old Dwarf And The Sea
fic fan chapter 2 . 12/19/2017
shades of the Flying Sorcerers! well done.
Vidicon666 chapter 2 . 12/9/2017
This truly deserves to be finished, if only for Gimli's view of how to deal with elven overpopulation...

Thanks for sharing and writing
Guest chapter 2 . 4/4/2016
Wow. Just wow. Not only is this story endlessly funny, it's also rather deep. I don't believe that I have ever read a fic that captured the personality of Gimli as well as this one, and I've certainly never read one that made me love him as much as this. I love the "fastest reincarnation in history " bit :)
Denise chapter 1 . 3/29/2016
This...was...effing...hilarious!
caligo-lux chapter 2 . 8/24/2013
...okay that was weird ...but certainly funny XD
ww chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
This was absolutely hilarious. I love this view of the Undying Lands, and I hope this is how Gimli did indeed get on! It's much more to his tastes than sitting around contemplating life.
quaff chapter 2 . 2/12/2011
Dilithium? Very very good. Thanks for giving me a giggle or three.
mthespinner chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Oh this is the best! Di-lithum-and Murphe as well. More please?
The Painted Lady chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Ha! Dilithium crystals and duct tape get them to Valinor. This is so deranged and nutz that I love it!
T'Kath chapter 2 . 6/22/2008
Oh - please continue.. *lol* cant wait to read more of Gimli and those two ingenious elves.

"The swiftest reembodiment in Elven history" that really sent me down laughing.

Great stuff and good reading - thanks for it,

T'kath
Beth chapter 2 . 2/14/2008
This is stinkin' hilarious!
PEF chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Di-lithûm. That alone nearly had my falling off my chair laughing. :D Brilliant stuff.
HRT chapter 2 . 9/25/2006
I thought this was one of the more thoughtful and well-crafted pieces I've come across in some time. Many authors shy away from tackling either Valinor or the old age of any of the Fellowship, and this was a pleasure to read.
stolen child chapter 2 . 8/24/2006
The funniest thing I have read in a long long while, Thankyou from the bottom of my heart! I know no one seems to have left a review recently, so I just thought I'd say that everything about this story rings true, the characterisations are simply brilliant and any subtle (or not so subtle) humour you choose to put in works fantastically. Highlights have to include Gimli's Star Trek impression and his companion's woeful boatbuilding skills.

Orvelos and Wilburae - the creations of a genius. In addition to their famous flying counterparts, these two obsessive elves also bring to mind the story of the mice, Orville and Wilbur, who built a flying basket. No idea if you've ever heard of this children's book or not, it was a favourite when I was little.

Please keep writing, can't wait to see what happens next!
Morfiwen chapter 2 . 11/24/2005
"And all that business about reflecting upon your life-it’s not like I ever got up to much. About all I had to talk about was the boat.”"

Oh, my. This is truly delicious! Keep up the good work! I'm loving this unique and original story! _
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »