Reviews for Tinderbox
Yma chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
Hi, I've just been reading a lot of your FMA stuff and I just want to say that it's VERY good, especialy the stuff with Roy in it (who's my favorite character.) You do his war memmories wonderufully and your style of writing is both emotional and haunting. Excellent.
Idenna chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
You might not think it's anything special, but I certainly do.
The way you've written this really lends the impression of trying to start a fire with tinder and flint, which I guess is what you were going for. It's very effective and very, very good. Your imagery is really splendid. (Did I really just use that word? Nuts, now I sound about 80...)
Your Roy-voice/perspective is fantastic - in my opinion, you've really managed to get the serious side of him down without neglecting the short temper.
Let's see...what else...ah! *throws confetti and applauds*
Fey Halfkin chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
I enjoyed this greatly for many reasons. One is how Flame Alchemist Mustang described the memories with an almost detached feeling that echoes how he wants to be seen. It made all the simply stated facts about his 'tinderbox' temper that much more powerful then if you'd shown it. The simple wording could be one of his misleading reports that left his superiors to think 'plain' meant 'power'.
Good writing.
Emsi Ceru chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Your writing never ceases to amaze.
I love the cues that land neatly within and before the gaps in this. It's like pauses in a musical piece, and leaves the listener filling in the blanks with the refrain.
I can't wait to see more. _