Reviews for Captain of the Guard
Montara chapter 1 . 6/17
Loved it! Thank you!
Zardi chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
I love missing scene fics, and this one was just so beautifully in-character and so believable. Very well done!
Aranel Mereneth chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Very strong story, well written. Loved it :) It was perfect :)
whitewave16 chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
This chapter is so engaging so far. It's nice that you put Legolas right smack in the middle of the action in the Hobbit.
Deana chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
Wow, that was an excellent story! :)
LtSonya chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
The joys of being bored at work, now I've finally had a chance to sit down and read this! I must say it's a vast improvement over the original draft I read. I get a clear sense of who Thranduil is with a great mix between how "The Hobbit" protrays him and your own perception as well. It was interesting seeing Legolas drunk off his ass, but also to see an actual human side of him and not this emotionless elf.
JunoMagic chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
This is a wonderful story! I love the way you write, it feels very real. The elves come alive in your writing, they don't turn into inhumanly beautiful superheroes but develop into real characters. Please, write more about the lives of the elves!
sofia chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
Intresting. Legolas could have been him. Legolas is not a failure. He is a VERY attractive elf.

Snow491 chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Great story arandil! i really like it, it puts a spin on what we know from the hobbit and LOTR.
Teanna chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Mae carnen! (well done)
I have a vague memory of having tripped over the concept that Legolas may have been the "Captain of the Guard" in the Hobbit in another source on the net, so I didn't invent it for my essay. It's a nifty idea which needed a tale.
I rather like the idea of Legolas sloshed. He's not the most serious guy anyway, if you look at his character carefully in LOTR, he's got quite a lot of that dry British humor, very Monty Pythonesque. (who else would go zooming off on top of the snow yelling "I go to find the sun!" when the Big Strong Manly Men were still manning the snowplows)...
Keep writing
Kelsey chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
When I read the Hobbit, I thought the Captain of the Guard was Legolas, too! But, the way he talked to Galion about the king's tables, I didmissed the idea. Also, why would he taste the wine then? He would know that he would drink it at the feast, and would know better than to drink it out of those large flagons. That whole paragraph made me think it wasn't Legolas. Until Bilbo's words. he said domething along the lines of "He isn't a bad fellow. he was quite decent to the prisoners" That made me think it was Legolas because of his friendship with Gimli.
This was good! Your parts of Legolas are totally in character!
Kept-Secret chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
- nice job
pinklemons12 chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
This was good. No. Great. I hope you will write more stories!