Reviews for The Art of War
Lint chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
I just started watching Jake 2.0 repeats on SciFi, and I did love this episode. This fic is a perfect compliment to Diane's feelings and actions in it. Simply excellent.
shallowness chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Such a good job that I'll probably be confused for a while as to where the tv scenes blur into this fic. Really liked seeing these events from Diane's perspecive - and such a good portrayal of her, so credible and thought-out. The relationship between Diane and her mother, the details of her past life and how you used them to contrast with what Jake brings into her life, in terms of opportunity, responsibility, ethics and just the relationship. For instance I liked the way you showed us from the portrayal of the love of research that has pulled her into the job how much of a violation the bugs - the spy world that she hadn't had to think about before Jake - were. Yet at the same time, the fact that she had to grapple with these things, that she had to think them through because they mattered (to Jake) made it that much more powerful.
I would have liked possibly a more explicit reference of some sort to 'The Spy Who Really Liked Me' and how the hearing and Diane and Jake's (Lou and Duarte's too) reactions to it led to the events shown here.
Ryoko Kashino chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
OMG! Every one of your stories is awesome! I don;t know how you do it! Incredible! THank you for the awesome JAke 2.0 fan fic.
much luv & L8rs,
Ryoko
Natters chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
aw, cute. good characterisation
Braidless Baka chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
I LOVED that! Definately a good piece of writing _!
Appreciative reader chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
That was so good! An easy read that flowed and had well placed descriptions that enabled me to picture this as a real episode. Your take on Jake and Diane's relationship is masterful! Thanks for sharing.
BK the irregular chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
They say it's best to critique, but I can't. Can't find anything wrong with the story to critique.
*Very* nicely done, Tara.