Reviews for Last Stand
AmberRiver02 chapter 3 . 9/18/2015
Young Aragorn and Legolas are so sweet together when they are friends:)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
dont make sense, elfs die and stay in mandos some time, and later gain new life in the land where bilbo stay...if he will live little, he will stay with gimli O.o...or take him to the land to wait he gain new body
Stormcutter684 chapter 20 . 5/10/2015
... Wow.
This was certainly tragic and emotional. It certainly seems as if you considered a lot of thought into this story.
In the end though, I thank the Valar and you that you didn't end this story with Legolas dying. I find stories like that are too sad and dark and depressing for me, and it's just too much.
I love this fanfic. It has an interesting mixture of darkness, emotion, tragedy, but also humour. I enjoyed it, especially the ending with Aragorn and Eomer's board game issue. Lol. That was funny!
It certainly had realist feelings and deep inner turmoil coming from Legolas. Very descriptive, and I like how you ended off the story, even if you were not too sure about it.
Another remarkable story, mellon-nin. :)
SarahDrav3n chapter 3 . 5/6/2015
How can you do this to me?! ... I need to work ... and here I am crying...
TheMischieveous chapter 8 . 6/15/2014
I've loved reading your fanfic so far and fully intend on finishing. However, one thing keeps bothering me every time I see it. (It's not a big thing, more of a peeve.) When referring to horses, the mare is female and the stallion or gelding (neutered male) are males. You've been referring to mares with male pronouns. Again, it's not a big thing and most likely not worth editing a fic for; it's just an annoyance.
Cha'90 chapter 20 . 5/5/2014
What a beautiful story. It almost broke my heart, but managed to restore it just in time.
Yoline Nimai chapter 21 . 1/4/2014
Thanks for that incredible fic, I loved it!
Archiril chapter 21 . 8/1/2013
Omg. You know, I needed to go to work, or to bed, or to food (any kind), but you just held me here all that time. It is one of the best fics I have read on this site, and I have read many. The relationship between Eomer and Legolas is so well written, and although it was continuously sad, it also held a lot of wisdom. Thank you so much for this fic! I am sure going to read some other sof you! :)
Guest chapter 21 . 5/2/2013
What a beautiful, bittersweet story. While it still would have been a good story had it ended with Legolas' death, I'm glad you chose to write that he lived. His survival and finding a sense of purpose makes it all the more meaningful. I enjoyed the playful moments interspersed throughout this as well, in particular when Eomer sneakily removed one of the game pieces because Aragorn was winning. It made me smile. Your afterword was great, too; nice to see how carefully thought out this piece was. Excellent work.
Caelhir chapter 18 . 6/17/2012
It's kind of cool how much this story brings to mind the lyrics to Evanescence's "My Immortal" because of the non-healin wounds (these wounds won't seem to heal/ this pain is just to real/ there's just too much that time cannot erase). This is the third time I've read this story and it gets better every time. Thank you for writing it!

Best,

Caelhir
Expecting Rain chapter 20 . 12/21/2011
This is such a lovely story. Beautifully written, the unusual plot/temporality works, and a wonderful look at Legolas and Aragorn and Eomer.
Lindir's Ghost chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I read this story years ago, as on 2004 years ago, and I have to say it's one of those few stories that has actually stuck in my mind. I've read more fan fictions than I care to remember. Literally hundreds if the things, and it really says something that I remembered this one and sought it out in my favourites list on my old account. I was/am Gollum's Fish, by the way.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying it just as much now as I did then. I've just finished chapter three, and I think your interaction between the dying Legolas and naughty (but adorable without being sickly) Estel is very, very well done. Better than it is usually written.

Anyway, I'll review properly later!

All the best,

Ghost/Fish
Caelhir chapter 8 . 3/17/2011
Hey, I just wanted to say that this is the third tome I've read your story and I love it just as much this time as th other times. One thing I am wondering: growing up around horses, I learned that a mare is a female horse of breeding age, and a stallion is an ungelded male. Is there a reason you call the horse Eomer sees/tames a mare instead of a stallion? Just wondering! ;)

Best,

Caelhir
Ghost of a Curious Cat chapter 20 . 2/5/2011
I am speechless.

You've just broken my heart and then put it back together.

Elves' constantly present sadness and the distance they tend to keep from mortals shines in a completely new, heartfelt light for me now.

THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful story!
jenyme chapter 20 . 12/8/2010
I've read this a few times before and every time, I never fail to cry from 1/4 way through until the end. The way you use your words to describe emotion, how to use the flashbacks and snippets of a conversation from a flashback is DEVINE.