Reviews for Jason and Me
Helter chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Wow. This is just amazing.
Get Real Or Die chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
This is... good. That's not eloquent or encompassing but it's all I can say. It's hard to follow up three Robins especially when you're a person that reminds everyone of the deceased one (and especially when two of them were Dick and Tim). I always felt as if Steph and Jason were so alike, in the ways that counted. Jason was picked because Dick was gone and maybe that was a mistake. In my eyes, Jason was portrayed as who Bruce might have been if not for Leslie and Alfred. Steph was picked (perhaps in part) to lure back Tim to the mantle. I think she was shafted and I think Jason was too. He was so angry and volatile and no one remembers that in the last moments of his life, he was just loving his mom. Just like no one remembers Steph used to only (at first)don the Spoiler costume because of the Cluemaster.

This helped ease the part of me that detested what War Games did to the character of Stephanie and what One Year Later did to Jason.

Thank you.
walutahanga chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
I'm sure you've been told this many times before, but this is a beautiful story. You're very consistent in your characterization and you've made me care about Stephanie even (especially) with all her flaws.

I also wanted to ask you - I read a sequel to this a while back, or possibly just a story that followed a similar pattern. A returned Jason Todd tracking down the people that knew Stephanie and trying to figure her out. I was hoping that if it was a sequel, you might know where to find it?

Thanks, and once again, beautiful story.
Rayni chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
A good story, and poetic. The continuing reference to Christopher Robin really tied it together. I admire how flawlessly you wrote Steph's character and voice. I liked her more after this

story, or understood her better. Excellent job!
Sinisterf chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
This is wonderful. I love how Steph got to know Jason, and to respect him. She made her own decision about who he was, and in the end about what type of Robin she would be.
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
This is some fine post-foreshadowing.

My whole take on the Stephanie Brown character was the antithesis of the Batman.

See, to me Batman is the finest of iconic superheroes. All his supporting cast is a reflection of the facet of him:

Dick Grayson-devotion to the mission

Barbara Gordon-making the impossible possible despite no powers

Alfred Pennyworth-the mentoring

Tim Drake-the detective

Cassandra Cain-immaculate talent

Azreal-the psychotic obssessiveness

Huntress-the anger/righteous fury

Jason Todd-the audatiousness which was once very prevalent and relevant and is now gone/dead

Stephanie Brown reflected nothing of what makes the Batman. As soon as she was pregnant by some random guy, I knew she had to die. She was something I think writing the Batman had to communicate to the audience, "Us normal people aren't these superheroic people.". It's too easy for people to overidentify with Bat characters as opposed to S-shield or Flash characters because they don't have powers. Stephanie Brown was a very poor Bat-clan character but a very good "You can't do what they do." character. Real people have real problems and real capabilities to handle them with and often fail. Steph had real capabilities and real problems and tried to handle Batman level issues, hence died.

Spoiler was useless and rather irrelevant. The little Robin that couldn't was probably neccessary.

Now you got me thinking of all the Robins. Dick Grayson to me is the "Adventures of Batman and Robin" one. Jason Todd is the ghost as I've only read the death, the stealing of the tires, this whole Red Hood remake and maybe a little by accident. I really appreciated the Robin of DKR...until DKR2 which ruined just about every character in it. Tim Drake of Young Justice retains my agreement with Batman's choosing him as the proper heir to the mantle. Stephanie Brown's place is now proper.
Amarin Rose chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
I *like* this. A lot of writers gloss over Jason and dismiss Stephanie as a Mary-Sueish character, but the fact of the matter is, just because they made mistakes doesn't mean they weren't *Robin*. Yeah, they made fuck-ups (who in the Batfamily hasn't, except maybe Alfred?) and weren't always bright, shining beacons of goodness, but they *tried*. And while the road to Hell may be paved to good intentions, there really isn't anyone in Heaven who didn't care and/or try to do their best.

I *like* this. :) Because of the fact that it foreshadows Stephanie's death in such a way as to show that making mistakes doesn't draw away from everything *good* that she did.

And Jason, too. *salutes you*
BabyInu 317 chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
ALSOME but verry sad it also made me cry. Check out my storys out if you want to. I'm on the new site!

SEE YAH LATER!
LadySmith chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
*lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding*

God. God.

That was unbeleivable. You made me cry, and that is not an easy thing to do. You made me ache. You made me hurt.

You made me miss Steph, and that is an IMPOSSIBLE thing to do.

Well done.
Agent S7 chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
That was a beautiful story, which I could actually picture being a Batman comic. Congrats, but now that Spoiler's dead this feels a little ominous...
Cassandra Cain chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
Kick arse story. I miss Stephanie Brown like crazy [ still] and this was an absolute delight. You have a lot of talent, and a brilliant grasp of all the characters.
queencj chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
Holy *crap,* that was good. I mean really, really outstanding. The characterizations, the interactions...it hit exactly the right notes. Very, very well done.
VeltaIO chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
WOW!

It's hard to say more. That was just SO good.

A wonderfully conveyed character study with all of the conversations spot on for the people involved.
hjcallipygian chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Wow, this is a great story...

What incredible insight into these characters. You really make them come alive, completely.
AGirlWonder chapter 1 . 8/22/2004