Reviews for Jason and Me
phoenix83ad chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
This was a lovely story. Let me first state that. I started reading BATMAN comics when Tim took up Robin, and he led me to read about Jason Todd.

Jason Todd was a lot of things. He was a brat and a jerk. He never listened and was brash and he was as Steph enterpreted from Oracle and Asshole. And that was what killed him. But he was ROBIN. And he was Bruce Wayne's son. His time left a mark on the Gotham Knights forever.

The characterization to each Gotham Knight was flawless. The pain and feeling they feel for Jason and towards Stephanie was dead on. No one exactly hates Steph, but they don't much like her either (Dick, Barbara and Alfred being the later).

Your portrayial of them were a 100 times better than the way that Bill Willingham, writes them. In fact, the current writer of ROBIN never even picked up an issue of ROBIN until he was given the job. (Needless to say, I hate his writting.)

When I found out that Tim Drake would retire as Robin and Stephanie Brown would replace him, I was furious. Mostly because Tim has been the best Robin. He took a character who was nothing more than a sidekick and turned him into a hero of his own right. Dick was the first and he made Robin into a symbol. But Tim made Robin into a hero.

And frankly I hate Stephanie Brown. She's selfish, annoying and has caused Tim nothing but pain and heartache.

And that is why this story was so good. Because Stephanie is exactly like Jason. Right down to the bone. They're adrenaline junkies who think they are better than they really are. They don't think. They look at Robin, as nothing more than a game.

One was destroyed because of it. The other one is probably on a road to destruction. I hope that Stephanie quits, before that happens.

But again, this was a great story. The Christopher Robin reference was a great addition, that really made me think. You should be proud of what you wrote.
Rosencrantz1 chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
damn this is good.

It's like being twelve years old, scribbling "Steph Batman" in little hearts.
Clannadlvr chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
Wow...got rec'd to this by Te.

I can probably count one hand the number of times I've cried reading a fic...and this is one of them. I just read the two latest Robin issues...and, I'll admit, I've not really been invested in Stephanie as a character. But I thought your reading of her was wonderful because it gave us the opportunity to see Jason through someone's eyes who may understand him in a way Babs, Dick, Bruce and even Alred may not. It's also beautiful that you've provided Jason as a tether for Steph...she's not on anyone's favorite person list, but she does have someone in her corner.

And that just warms my heart.

Wonderfully done!
CCCarioca chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
There are many things I could say about this fic but I'll just sum them up. WHOA! You really broke my brain with this one. *applauds*
Snake chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Wow...that was the best story about Jason Todd I have read in a very long time! And definetly the best Stephanie Brown as Robin story I've read.
NChai chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
I have to agree with those that reviewed before me-a really lovely story. As good (if not better) than what we'll probably get in the bat books. Just excellent. I'm a fan. Got more?
Amp chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
You never cease to amaze me with your writing. This is absolutely beautiful and I commend you!
Meljean Brook chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
And another wonderful story - I wish I had happened upon your fics earlier (not that I can complain about an afternoon of some wonderful reading).
The voice you give Steph resonates very true and tough, yet vulnerable. The line you draw between the two Robins is dead on, and the flow of the narrative between all of the (living) former Robins, along with Alfred, Leslie and Oracle is fantastic - you include every important member of the Bat-clan without making it ever seem mechanical, or rote. Great stuff - and now that I've glommed your entire backlist, I can only say, "More, please!"
Meljean
Kimberly Towle chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
First, let me say that I stopped buying the Bat-series comics a couple of years ago, when it seemed the writers were losing track of their characters' essential, defining characteristics, and I don't plan to start buying again soon.
However, if this story could somehow be put into comic format, I'd buy it. I'd buy two copies; one to share with friends and one to preserve for eternity! Very, very well done!
purplemonky chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Excellent story, well written and brilliantly executed. You bring all the characters alive. I loved Steph's take on Jason, and her interaction with Bat at the end was great making that rule was very reflective of how she changed in the story. I really wish this was canon because it's that great and brings out stephanie perfectly.
Meret chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Superb story! I really like your characterizations, and look forward to reading more of your work! :)
Caia chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Wow! That was-horrowing, in a wonderfully-well-written sort of way. I love your view of Steph and Jason, and all the different Batpeople; and what it's like to be those *other* Robins.
Neen chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
I wish this was canon - I wish this whole story was an issue, because this is really the way it should go.
CharLey8 chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Ow. My feelings on Steph and Steph-as-Robin are somewhat...ambivalent, but, well, ow. Steph, with Jason parallels, and everyone's POV on Jason, and *everyone* saying that Bruce loved him, and that really is the most important thing, and...Well, maybe I like Steph a little more. Because of Jason. And, oh, *thoughts* about Steph's relationship with Bruce...yeah. *Very* well done.
cmar chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Wow. Again a beautiful job, a deep and perceptive look at a character who's largely forgotten now. Very moving. I expecially liked the Nightwing conversation, really captured him, and the last scene, showing Batman as three-dimensional and human. It also made Stephanie - who I'm not really familiar with - come alive for me. Great work.
48 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »