Reviews for The Transfer Student
HayleyComet chapter 15 . 3/28/2010
I think that it is a brilliant story and i look forward to the next chapter x Update soon x
Earelen chapter 15 . 1/31/2006
Hey, sorry it's been so long - I changed e-mail programs and so stopped getting the automatic alerts sends out. Glad to see that you're still writing this story - it's too interesting to let it wither on the vine.

While not much of "substance" seemed to happen in this chapter, I love how you manage to weave it around what happens in the books, without altering the book-happenings. Having Drea make Draco ask Pansy to the Yule Ball was inspired!

Hope you update again soon.
Kerichi chapter 15 . 10/13/2005
Snape as Jack Skellington...the mind boggles...he's more the professor type saying 'Gone Again!' after Sally puts poison in his soup. I can just hear him say, "There's nothing more suspicious than frog's breath!"

Yay Quebec was awesome, but Drea's handling of Pansy's confession was awful. Even if she didn't care about the girl personally, other than 'hope you weren't abused'- to give her the advice of 'show him you can do better' seemed callous. Pansy slept with Blaise. It was her first time. Obviously, she has feelings for him and should've been encouraged to go talk it out, even if she has to trap him in a room and use a truth potion on him. And for Pansy to go from crushed to giddy over going to the Yule ball with Draco...it seemed wrong.

Interesting angle, Draco asking Pansy for Drea's sake, even though she never looks back at him or realises that he wanted to go with her instead.

"Her middle name, Atheanae, was a modification of Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and war."

That seemed ironic. I hope she's good at war, because wisdom, about her own feelings or anyone else's, seems to be eluding Drea.

Sorry for the critique. I did enjoy the NBC reference (Corpse Bride was good, but can't compare) and I'm glad you're writing again! _
Oihane chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
hmm..interesting..dunno what I think of it yet. One thing though, Dumbledore talks about the triwizard tournament earlier in the chapter, and then he makes the announcement like in the books later in the chapter. just a bit confusing.
Granny Adams chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
.. JK Rowling said that there never were, and never would be transfer students at Hogwarts.

Or did you miss that part?
Earelen chapter 14 . 9/6/2005
Hah! I'm so slow, I just discovered there's a new chapter up. Really nice character development - sweet and though it keeps to the point, gives us more wonderful quirks of character that makes them all so endearing. Love the part about Draco's Expressive Eyebrows, and the line from Ron on viewing the Horntail, "Looks like Mum when I've forgotten to clean my room," had me LOL.

The only line that confused me, and I still can't quite figure out what you meant to say, was this one: "She had the distinct feeling that she’d seen, maybe ever experienced, the scene that had just taken place, which only added to her frustration and confusion." Do mean she's experiencing deja vu? Please clear this up.

Given what we now know from reading HBP, I'm curious to see how the characters are going to further develop. Update soon!
Collins chapter 14 . 7/24/2005
Such a lovely story, I figure that you have read the new book? Very good! Hope that it gives you insperation.
Brianne chapter 14 . 7/14/2005
HURRAY for updates... The whole week at the lake i was waiting to come home so I could check my emails... lol. you know you're a loser when the highlight of your week is reading fanfic. oh well i can handle being a loser. I loved this chapter, it was real sweet so you better write another one real soon or i'll kick your big, not black but shaped black behind. And one of these times i'll be able to do it, I have some huge forearms now, I'm gonna look like popeye by the end of the summer from scooping ice cream. I guess none of thuis has to do with your story so i should just shut up now... but yeah keep writing, you're awesome, I "love" you, and have fun in quebec.

- Brianne
Sever13 chapter 14 . 7/3/2005
Yay! I like it! Drea is such a deep character, but I am kinda confused about the current color of her hair, either you didn't mention it, or I'm just really stupid and didn't see it. I love the way you portray Snape! Is he going to go to any Death Eater meetings during the school year? Can't wait to read more!
Kerichi chapter 14 . 7/2/2005
"Draco’s eyebrows were very expressive, Drea noticed."

Hurrah for her noticing! LOL I didn't much care for Ron going moony over her, although I did like his thoughts about Charlie. In GoF, Ron was in awe of Fleur, but Hermione's friendship with Krum got him ripping an arm off a Krum doll. So if you're going to have him be intrigued with Drea, instead of jealous over Hermione, that's a Mary Sue quality- all the guys want the new girl.

Good use of that song, it was very poignant. You might want to exp/ and use snippets and summarize the rest, though, because on April 27, a day that lives in my memory because I went oh crap, and had to go change a lot, FF said no using blocks of lyrics in fanfics- if you didn't write it, don't use it has supposedly always been their policy, even though that's bollocks. When you create a story, all they say is no plagiarism. Hello, people are citing the source! Feh on them.

How's Quebec in the summer? Hot? Enjoy the writing and the support- hope you think mine's more positive than negative, because it's meant to be! _
Sage and Snape chapter 14 . 7/2/2005
I liked this a lot, but I did get a little bit lost when I was reading it. I didn't always have a clear picture. I can't wait to see what happens next and for more Snape to appear.
Illegitime Carborandum should not apply chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Some sayings of Ayatollah Khomeini

From "The Life of Muhammad"

After Khadijah died, Muhammad dreamed that he was to marry A'isha, the daughter of Abu Bakr. She was six (6!) and he was fifty. But firstly he married the widow Sawdah who was very motherly towards his children and, a few months later, to his child bride A'isha. She continued to play with her dolls for several years until, at the age of nine, her marriage was consummated.

Rights of the Child (contd)

10 Aug. '00 Reformers in the Iranian parliament are seeking to raise the age of marriage for girls from 9 to 14 and boys from 15 to16. Currently the girl's age is determined by the A'isha/Muhammad marriage. She was six and he was fifty - he did "wait" until she was nine to consummate the marriage

Penetration of young girls can seriously damage their reproductive organs, let alone any psychological harm it can do. The high maternal mortality rate can be directly attributed to this practice. Also children need time to have a childhood and also study.

For more on pedophilia "Sayings of Khomeini" . Warning the words of this "holy" man may cause you to vomit. Their authenticity has been verified. (See links on article.)

Some Sayings of Ayatollah Khomeini

Ayatollah Khomeini:

A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK (Huray for Khomeini, what say you to that, my fellow firm believers?). If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives (Join Islam: fuck them raw and get away with it!). The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister. (From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990, Excerpt: Page [1])

It is better for a girl to marry in such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband's house rather than her father's home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven (and seventy more virgins to take in bloody sodomy!). (From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990 [Mohammad (founder of Islam) The Pedophile])

A man can have sex with animals such as sheep, cows, camels and so on. However he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village, however selling the meat to the next door village should be fine (11!). (From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990)

"If one commits the act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrement become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed and as quickly as possible and burned." (The little green book, Sayings of Ayatollah Khomeini, Political, Phylosophica, Social and Religious with a special introduction by Clive Irving, ISBN number 0-553-14032-9, page 47)
Earelen chapter 13 . 4/26/2005
Wow, this was a fun chapter! So many great lines! ("You are a horrible prefect," and "Honestly, considering Gryffindors are supposed to be brave, you're quite jumpy." - just great!)

Let me compliment you again on your development of Drea's character - I love how you have multiple romantic interests for her (adding Charlie to the list was brilliant) - it's such a refreshing change from the typical One True Pairing kinds of fanfic.

Regarding the previous chapter, I see now that I jumped to a conclusion about Drea being intentionally poisoned - but you had been setting us up with hints that the Durmstrang students might actually try something, so I guess I just took that bait and ran with it a bit too far. *sheepish grin* Thanks for clearing that up, and adding in the bit in this chapter about other students getting sick. (and I'm off to read your other Snape tale as well...)

Update soon!
Madelynn Rae chapter 10 . 4/21/2005
Not done reading yet, but I really like this. :D You're making me love Draco. Stop it. lol
Kerichi chapter 13 . 4/20/2005
Now Drea's crushing on Charlie? The man had six sentences describing his physical appearance...she thinks he's "something beautiful"...(clutches chest, pounds heart that stopped beating in shock, snicker)

How many did Draco get at first sight? One..."an uptight looking boy". When he introduces himself she thinks, "I never would have guessed, what with the blonde hair and the stuck up pompous look on your face"

Oh the injustice! LOL Must repeat to self frequently, "Remember that others' characterizations of Draco are perfectly valid, if maddening" heh Ah, better now. :D

Oh my heck, I know what you mean about forgetting that the reader doesn't know what you're thinking...and that's one of those writing precepts they try to teach...if you don't write it, the reader doesn't know it, so don't be subtle! I wish I'd stated Lorelei's 'I think Harry's crushing on me because he grew up with no mum in an emotionally abusive home and I'm older, sweet, and really hot and he'll get over it' theory so readers wouldn't have thought him such a perv. Oh well, never too late to edit!

On a lighter note, hehheh, I said MS-ish, not MS. I can't stand blanket 'your character is an OFC, beautiful, or an exchange student therefore MUST be...' when that's not true!

Although perfect, (in the writer's eyes) MS's are as various in character and temperment as writers themselves and some get very self righteously angry and tell off other characters before storming out. Shall promise not to use the nasty "seven-lettered, two-words" again. _

Hope you'll let us in on some of Drea's thoughts and motivations...I have no clue where this fic's going with her...and I miss Snape's pov. Not too much to ask, is it? *makes big Bambi eyes* (or Moose eyes, whatevah it takes)