Reviews for Stranger Than Fiction
Me chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Very good story. 5 stars.
AllTrekkedUp chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
What a great story! I mean its wonderful! :) And based on a true one! I can't even begin to think how scary that would be! But I was really hooked;and I really enjoyed it! Good stuff!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Great story.:)
TakeTimeBack chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Facinating story! Even more so since it was inspired by a true story!

Really enjoyed it.:)
Mamse chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Excellent story! Well written, with plenty of descriptive phrases ... I admire your tight writing, making the words flow, the story move - not getting bogged down or hung up on adjectives. Enjoyed the use of h/c, but most importantly, I was excited to find that you'd used an actual historical situation to inspire your fanfic. A lover of history, that was a treat. Thanks for sharing your talent!
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
An excellent story, true to both the series characters, and the times. Which is to be expected, considering that it's based on a true incident. I also appreciate having the historical basis as a footnote. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
YLJedi chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
I read this story months ago (I've read so many of your stories so many times) but I've never left a review. Sorry, I'm not very good at reviewing. I love to get reviews, so you would think I would return the favor, but I'm always in too much of a rush. But, I love your stories, so I am going to review them now.

This story was incredible. I really enjoyed that Pete and Rowdy developed such a great relationship. Mostly in stories, and in most of the Rawhide episodes I've seen, Pete and Rowdy are always on the opposite ends: Pete the sensible, wise one and Rowdy the stupid, immature kid. I understand that those are their personalities, but they can still be friends, and you brought that to life very well.

I liked when Favor explodes and orders Pete to pick instantly. (Good job with Favor the whole way through, by the way.) Anyway, I love how you wrote the line-'Without thinking Pete chose. “Rowdy,” he said, a little too loudly, looking surprised at his own selection. “Rowdy,” he repeated with less surprise and more conviction.' I really like the "less surprise and more conviction." Once again, it shows (at least to me it shows, you might have intended it differently) that Pete does know Rowdy can do a good job and they can be friends.

And I love the ending, Pete needing to see Rowdy was alive. The last eleven paragraps were just stupendous and I love both Pete's and Rowdy's words to each other. (Also, Wishbone's words and arguments were right on par, and I could easily visualize him saying that in a real episode.) And then your last line was a beautiful piece of writing.

Great story all the way around, and it is really cool that it was based on a true story. Sorry it took me so long to review!
Ginny R chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Good story! I love the hurt/comfort aspect. Also, I'm a big fan of Pete Nolan's and it makes me glad to see him featured in most, if not all of your stuff!
Keep writing!
Brian chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Really enjoyed this one; your first paragraph grabbed my interest and the story didn't let me down! I found it fascinating that it was inspired by actual events!