Reviews for He's Gotten to the Good Part
Mockingbird's Song chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
"So that's his game, is it?" Frodo grinned happily. "I always did prefer 'hurt and comfort' to 'rascals and ruffians', anyway." Well that's good Frodo since you get hurt a lot.
Vain hobbits Frodo you can move your desk into the sun I'm sure.
I wish I could hear that what a simple and awesome gift.
That cloak sure was worth the time and effort taken to make it.
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
These stories were both humorous and touching, thank you for writing them.

-Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom
Shipwright's Trick chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Poor alarmed Aragorn; that was hilarious. Hurt and comfort, indeed! : )

Interesting take on the Grey Havens scene. It's been a while since I saw RotK, so I can't remember whether or not anything is whispered, or what might have been said, but the cloak idea is cool- and plausible.
lulu chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
I loved them all especially Sam's Cloak! I think you can CLEARLY hear Frodo whisper "i love you" to Sam at the Gray Havens.
Anawey chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
AW! That was so cute! I love it.
GabrielSilk chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
HA ha ha! Rascals and Ruffians is the best, though. That is SO class! The rest are too sane and not mad. No offence if you take pride in not being mad though.
bethahnee chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
The Frodo and Legolas ficlet was the best out of these, I think. It's good to read about Frodo and Legolas once in a while, because in the movie Frodo never says Legolas's name once, which made me very upset. I'm getting off subject. whoops.

Anargil _
The Exile 09 chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
Haha! I love the first one!
Regina L chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
A quite wonderful collection of Frodo pieces, Janet. I particularly loved 'The Song,' for it conveys the absolute beauty of elves in a way that's very uncommon. And I honked with laughter at 'The Game is Afoot.' What a marvelous little parody of fanfic's (ahem) worst cliches! Thank you for another great story!
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Vilya0 chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Hello! I love your short stories. They're little things that we don't think about, like Frodo missing music, but it's so interesting. I hope you have written more. Personnaly, I never heard Frodo whisper anything when he hugs Sam. The only thing we heard is Sam breathing loudly. Lol. But I'll check next time I see it. And I'm sorry for my English, it's far from perfect.
Baylor chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
Ahaahaha! I read all these before, but Rascals and Ruffians is too delightful! Made me laugh out loud all over again. I enjoyed all the others just as much on the second times around.

(And Frodo DID whisper "I love you." I heard it!)
Nymredil72 chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Wow1 All of these were amazing! I love how you can just switch from absolute hilarity to beautiful ansty sadness! "The Game is Afoot" would have to be my favorite... I don't think there was one line that I didn't find funny. And since I *love* Sam, I really enjoyed the last bit. I never heard Frodo say "I love you" and I've listened very closely for it in the DVD many times... is there something wrong with my ears, or was everyone else imagining things? Oh, well... that doesn't change the fact that this was a wonderful little piece. Great job!

Toodles!

-Nymredil
Periantari chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
I love this part of "The Song":

"Sometime later, with his limbs heavy and sleep pulling him into its embrace, Frodo thought he heard the same faint, blended chorus. The voices remained soft, yet grew closer, until the pavilion echoed with sweet music. Before he could open his eyes to look around, Frodo had fallen into peaceful slumber and gentle dreams, never knowing if the Elves had returned to sing for them, or if he had perhaps heard, for a moment, a Song that he had helped set forever free."

just beautiful :*)

and I love all the otehrs just as much.. "Sam's Cloak" was a brilliant idea...very creative.. the first two are very cute and "The Song" is wonderful (as I have quoted my favorite part) but it is so true that songs can be heard because of the success that Frodo and Sam had in completing the Quest...

very nice job

can't wait for more to be posted on LJ (or here ;)

::needed something fluffy and light before going to bed:: )

thanks for sharing
lovethosehobbits chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Janet- Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful tidbits. They really filled my heart with such a warm feeling. love to you and yours, tree