Reviews for Burning Bright
Silver Shadowbreeze chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I like your take on Kenshin here. You have a pretty good writing style that really makes me feel what's going on. Great idea on making it a poem-shot! "Tiger, Tiger" fits perfectly with the tone.

Shadow
Blunablue chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
written beautifully dark and blood-red.

I really like how you describe the inner struggles of battousai, his thoughts always on the verge of insanity or humanity... somewhere inbetween...i like how you explained his dilemma with the image of a "fire", that keeps him going.. "The fire was burning and burning and burning, directed still by his cause and his will and the truly felt conviction that, if he did not follow this path unerringly, a pain unequaled would claim him." In contrast you show for a short moment, what exists under this fire, his true and regretful self...

the blake-poems stresses also the poetic quality of your work :) loved it..
Liber Fatum chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Read it while listening to RK ova tsukiohen soundtrack, the song-clip, 'In Memories:ko-to-wa-ri'. The result: awe inspiring. Did you write it while listening to some mood-setting song, perchance? Anyways, using Blake was a stroke of genius. Kudos to you.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
a dark portrait... in black and blood red.

well written, frightening.

ginny
Meri Kaisla chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
The poem is perfect for this story! Loved the part where the amber eyes suddenly turned violet. Nice piece of work ;)
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
I loved this one. The way you capture and reveal the awesome but relentless power, knowing no mercy or regret, "unstoppable, unavoidable, unattainable" to use your beautiful language. Using Blake's poem was an inspired choice and you rose to the occasion.
matchynishi chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
I absolutely *loved* this fic! William Blake's poem suits the Battousai so well - It could practically be describing him... I think this is completely awesome! Go, you!
Nightengale13 chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
Was directed to this by a friend who is, sadly, not yet a member of the wonderful world of Fnet. And so this is from both of us.

::quiet applause::

I would say more but frankly, the Nightengale is for one rare moment struck dumb. It is fair to say that this-with the exception of the first paragraph, which contains runons needing clipping-deserves to be called brilliant.

Thirteenth Nightengale

benign_intent
misaoshiru chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
It's kind of confusing, but...

I really like it...It's hard to explain why...

Good job.
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Wow...This story was amazing. I mean..it was just...Wow. I don't think that anyone has ever gotten into Battousai's mind so well. This was truly an amazing story _
Melissa chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
*speechless awe* (wow) *shaken off* VERY impressed with your writing. This does justice to the /purpose/ of Battousai and the poem stanzas are insightfully appropriate. I really really like this piece, and it has more of an...emotional rationale that makes terriffic sense.
ZTX chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Hee hee hee... I sang that song in my Chorus class! That's funny. Cool choice.
_
Black Night Angel chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
another wonderful entry, I must commend you on it, I could never do it. Yay, it was wonderful, just briliant.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Wow! I liked it. Very good. :)
AikkerZ chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Well, even if you didn't really understand what you wrote, I did... Amazingly enough. I thought it was really good. Better then I could ever write. Heh, Keep it up! -