Reviews for These eyes shall ne'er see
Linnath chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Wow, so sad i love who you make writeing poety seam as easy as breathing. all your poems are simple, yet so complicated.

all your poems are sad,could you write a happy one, or at least one that has some mappy moments?

Vana Tuivana chapter 2 . 2/17/2005
I love the style you chose for this poem, with each stanza leading into the next one. I think this second one is my favorite of the three, just because of some of this imagery you create - especially of the Dwarves: "great miners, craftsmen in the stone." It makes beautiful sense.

The one issue I have is in the last stanza, where you use "lay" where "lie" would work better. Aside from that small nitpick, the beginning and end are my favorite parts. It seems so wistful and sad... so like a dream, really, that you see fading away just when you'd most like to keep it. Wonderful writing, and beautiful poetry - very romantic.
captainjack chapter 3 . 9/5/2004
how can that be your worst one? i think youre crazy,...and a bloody genious! i love ya isilme!
Nymredil72 chapter 3 . 7/1/2004
Hm... for some reason never informed me that there was a third chapter to this... *shakes fist at *

I don't know why you say that this is your least favorite, for I liked it very much. I would say that it is tied with the fist as my favorite. I liked the line, "But alas, no matter how real the dream/ it is but a dream."

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Nymredil72 chapter 1 . 6/18/2004
Wow! I am impressed! This is not what I expected your poetry to be like at all! This *is* free-verse, but it's not all choppy and icky like most stuff. It flows very nicely, and (I don't know if you did this purposely) it has a lot of internal rhyme, which makes it feel more like it has some kind of meter.

I know that you were probably thinking about Faramir when you wrote this (I know how much you love him!) but it made me think of Boromir, perhaps what he might have been thinking when he was dying. The wonderful thing about this poem is that it can fit into the perspectives of so many characters.

Great Job!

I'm off to read your next one!

Lady of the Dog Star chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
Pretty much sums up how I feel whenever I read the Lord of the Rings or the Silmarillion or any other Tolkien book. They do seem more like actual history books than anything else. Good poetry, I am more of a structured rhyming 'poet', but ocassionally I free verse. I don't really pay attention to the way I write, it all just comes. Ah, back to the review. You get your emotions across quiet well (I'm guessing that you're the 'poor person'). Good work!
Sword On Fire chapter 2 . 6/1/2004
Cool. Nice one. I *think* I already reviewed this, but it's not on my Review History thing. Well, it should be now! How's that happy story coming? It's not like I'm being impatient or anything, just thought I'd ask!
Boohow chapter 2 . 5/31/2004
*whew* *wipes sweat from brow* i escaped!*snaps fingers* drats!-UCV3z, the angry mob tied me up and held my eyes open with post-its, FORCING me 2 read! i resisted as long as i could and finally escaped by scaring them away by screaming old matchbox twenty songs and crawling thru the vents,

I told them to close tha vents!-UCV3z, ending up in a dunkin' donuts where i found this laptop from which i am reviewing and eating chocolate covered donuts, ge, id go for the cream filled one, UCV3z, Well, there isn't much time. they could come back anytime. VERY good. I could actually basically understand this one! i was proud of myself. One comment: thou shalt be? What century did u fly in from, hunny? anyways, i look forward (and backwards and sideways) to reading your other stuff and remember: rob thomas's lyrics can save ur life.

Eruannath chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
I like this one too. And the fact that it could be from almost anyone's point of view. I mean it could be you dreaming of this White City only alive in dreams! I know I yearn a lot about visiting the places described and created in Tolkien's world, but I also know that I will never be able to see them with my own eyes. Only in dreams. Great work!
UniCornVampire3z chapter 2 . 4/22/2004
*sniffles* i feel that way 2! i like how u had things about the ppl (hobbits) and then how you focused on a person (Frodo) in LotR. *points acusitory finger* hey u left the orcs out! JOke so joke *grin* i really LIK!
UniCornVampire3z chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Wow. *long pause* that was AMAZING! i'm not usually fond of Gondor but that poem made me REALLY want to be there. Very Col
Araniel chapter 2 . 4/20/2004
liked how you put Eowyn/Faramir in. i know you love Faramir. also liked how you put in Longbottom Leaf and Old Toby! (*pulls out pipe and starts smoking it* actually, not. i'm alergic to the smell of smoke. not fireplace smoke, but smoking-smoke. gives me the worst headace. but can still pretend i'm a hobbit!)
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 2 . 4/20/2004
VERY nice. And that's all I have to say.
Shy-Shadow Reckless chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
I understand the feeling. Great work.
Araniel chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
you write such beautiful poems! i want to go to Gondor now! that wa very nicely done. (how old are you?) you DO have hope and a good chance at being a great writer. don't give up, ever!