Reviews for The Curse of Basil Hallward
Skylark-90 chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
You absolutely do have to continue this awesome story!

I really like the idea of it.

It was all so amazingly well written, you've done a great job on this!

Please do continue, yes? :)
vocaloidofos chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Seeing this was published so long ago, it would be beyond foolish to hope for a continuation, I must admit. Alas, I shall wish anyways, for this was well-written and has a marvelous plot thus far. You, if you ever read this, should move it to the PoDG section. This was cute and sinister at once, which is interesting. Thank you for writing this~
Lady Katelynna chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
YESYESYESYESYES! you MUST continue!
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Hmm . . . Make you wonder, doesn't it?
Jiasa Stormcloud chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
The characterization here is great. Lord Henry in particular is dead-on, with the way he analyzes Basil, and I loved your description of the way he enjoys art. The idea is definitely interesting, and you handle it with a lot of style.
the Unrequited Lover chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
That was good. I liked it quite a bit, and it didn't even have Dorian in it. The end was fabulous, by the way- to be continued..? Well, yes, but not by you. Of course, I always thought that he lost his soul for the picture's magic- when he said eh would give his soul for that. But anyway, it was good and wonderfully in character. Poor Basil...I suppose that he forgot about it all later, though. Isn't this a magnifiscent story you've concocted, though? Even you must see that it's brilliant. And I liked Lord Henry's attitude. He's really a fascinating thing to see on his own, what with his infatuation with life and it's mysteries, which rather than unravel he likes to make a bigger mess of. Everyone was exactly as in the book, you captured it perfectly.
dizz-e.byrd chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
You should continue this. I love it so far. I love anything having to do with that book actually bu tI think you really did it justice.
Dayjob chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Great little story, interesting idea. You have a good start as a writer. Here's some constructive criticism: learn the difference between its and it's. Its-without the apostrophe-is the posessive, as in "Its color is red." It's is the contraction of "it is," as in "Anybody can see that it's red." See the difference? Learn this and you'll have a leg up on 90% of the fanfic writers still posting.
Keep it up!
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
This is very good! Your writing skills are excellent, and the story definitely has a Wilde flavor. I really hope you continue with this. You caught my interest right off, and it's nice to see good fiction based on the classics.
Evilgrinch chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Well, I am not familiar directly with the stories influences (namely- a certain Oscar Wilde novel), but I can respect that it is extremely well written and you deserve a heck of a lot more reviews then you've got.
Well done.
Regan chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
Wow _ As someone who has never really read Wilde before (only bits of TIOBE), I can't really comment on the style or the characters as such. **is embarrassed** But I was still blown away, the writing is great - very dark and mysterious :o) I can't wait for next bit!
Polkat chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
oh dear. gotta say something else... well i pretty much said everything i wanted to say in your LJ so er...
well i like this:
"All men, Harry had said once, have at least one skill. His own was his wicked charm, coupled with a finely tuned wit. He could win anyone over with a smile and half a dozen words. Basil merely had his art and his talent for making people feel interesting."
it suggests that harry's talent is better than basil's and this amuses me.
*looks around nervously* ok i think i have said enough. story is added to my favourite's list. hope it gets lots of reviews. phenominal, wonderful stuff.
Dace chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
It's great! Tis a brilliant idea, and is very Wildesque, whilst still being evidently written by you.
Lord Henry tickles me. Not literally, because he's fictional and if he was real he'd be long dead. But how you've written him (and indeed Basil) is very true to the original story D